All things Dundee FC

Only complete idiots rate Moussa. In reality he is absolutely awful, I dont even think he is Championship standard.
I must be an idiot. Think he does a valuable job for the team. Yes I would like him to score more goals. Look at Giroud for France, played every match , 15 attempts. 1 on target , no goals. But was critical to teams success.

Aye. If Moussa could do what he does, and spray passes, hit worldies into the top corner, and cause complete mayhem in the air, then he'd be playing at Chelsea or something. I just wish he could do what he does and put away the odd sitter instead of fluffing them. 

It's not pretty, but he is what he is. As a team we have absolutely no hope when we don't have somebody up front the ball sticks to. It's a pity Haber is so lazy. If he had Moussa's energy and enthusiasm we'd have an excellent (for our level) target man up front. As it is, Moussa is the best we've got so we have to make do.

1 hour ago, bobbycoxblue said:
18 hours ago, srw said:
Only complete idiots rate Moussa. In reality he is absolutely awful, I dont even think he is Championship standard.

I must be an idiot. Think he does a valuable job for the team. Yes I would like him to score more goals. Look at Giroud for France, played every match , 15 attempts. 1 on target , no goals. But was critical to teams success.

Totally agree with the point you are trying to make, but Giroud is surrounded by fantastic players. Moussa isn't. Not sure we can afford that kind of player. Don't get me wrong, I think he gets some unfair stick.

Totally agree with the point you are trying to make, but Giroud is surrounded by fantastic players. Moussa isn't. Not sure we can afford that kind of player. Don't get me wrong, I think he gets some unfair stick.
The quality of players is relevant to the level of football.

It's mesmerising to watch, he doesn't start his run until the ball is played to him which is just brilliant. As said above, it does look like he decides to run away from the ball.

For what it's worth, and I never bought the Moussa hype last preseason about him being a good finisher, Moussa definitely brings something to the team. Combine him with a proper finisher and I reckon we would have a decent strikeforce. I do hope he somehow finds his scoring boots this season, and I reckon not scoring until April in open play didn't help him mentally, but can't see him chipping in with much more than 10 (mostly penalties again).

Having analysed the incident at Zapruder-Kennedy levels it looks like Moussa makes a run outside then straightens up to cut back. When he straightens up his back is actually to the ball just at the exact moment the pass is made.  The defender is completely out of the play, and Moussa would have been clean through but his first move draws the outside pass when he is thinking inside.  Happens in a game, just Moussa has a way of doing things that leaves people staring, including his team mate.

4 hours ago, Chateau Lafite said:

I don't want them to die. That's not cruel enough. For the last thirty years where many of the supporters have been so full of it and laughed at our disgraces with administration, shite teams and managers, Id be more than happy that they trudge along in desperate hope of being better than us for a few decades as the humility fades into accepting their lot.
Cheers.

This is basically what my mate said when I asked him the other day if he'd like the dabs to die - "f**k that, I want the c***s to suffer for years!"

5 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Wighton definitely needs to be played through the middle. Always thought the lad was a #10/hole player right from seeing him as a 16 year old.

Difficult to tell from brief highlights and a pish camera angle, but it looked yet again than the team had no discernible shape, and it was basically a free-for-all in midfield.

Early days, but I'm impressed with Madianga so far. Looks like a genuine all-action type, an upgraded Gowser. Always liked Gowser's energy, but he's lacking in too many areas to be a genuine box-to-box player. Madianga gets stuck in, but he appears to have a wee bit of ability to go with it.

Agree 100% about Wighton. I’d like to see him given a chance through the middle. Tomorrow would be the perfect opportunity.