All things Dundee FC

21 minutes ago, Crawford said:

21 minutes ago, Crawford said:

That's business for "he's ours........buuuuuuut for a little bit more you could MAYBE have him."

17 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

"English sides interested in Byrne" says his agent.

Probably a bit of both going on, his agent will be trying to get him a move (and himself a wedge of cash) & unfortunately we are probably open to decent offers if someone comes in with a wedge in the window.

Doubt anyone will offer us anything decent though so it will probably come down to wages and whether Byrne wants to move.

Edited by locheedee

4 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Honestly, the winter break being brought forward would be pretty good for us, so just another reason on top of the numerous to make it happen.

In more bad news however...

Not even good English teams, shitey wee Lincoln and Bradford.

Anyone who chooses to uproot and move themselves to Bradford clearly isn't the full shilling. 

Absolute dive. Won't be happening. 

Lincoln, fair enough.

Thank you.

20 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Quite excited about new players coming in to be honest. Watt and Gallagher and Watt would be good signings. I fucking love Scotty Allan but is he fit enough? Getting Malachi Michael Fagan-Walcott back would be worth a punt too.

Fuckin' hell, 2 Tony Watt's? 

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

If the Derby is played and fans have to be refunded, I reckon, very roughly, the cost to us for that game alone will be:

10,000 ish crowd - 4,000 ish season tickets = 6,000 x £25 (average price of ticket?) = £150,000 + hospitality profit etc.  This would be offset by fans paying to watch it on TV but it’s probably fair to assume that for every £12 ish stream bought 3 or 4 fans will watch that stream.  I’ve deliberately not included the possibility of 500 fans or so getting to attend, purely to make the arithmetic easier 🤣 

Assuming there is no compensation forthcoming, do you reckon that will mean at least one less player brought in during the January window?

My Italian mate is moving to London mid January and I was looking forward to taking him to the derby to give him his first experience of sitting in the Derry, absolutely certain that his loyalty to Juventus would be replaced with the dark blue of Dundee. Not to be, sadly.

Thank you.

26 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Good people of Dundee - any pubs you know of that have a roaring fire? It’s freezing and I want nothing more than a dram and toasty fire to warm my cockles.

Cutty Sark.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

If the Derby is played and fans have to be refunded, I reckon, very roughly, the cost to us for that game alone will be:

10,000 ish crowd - 4,000 ish season tickets = 6,000 x £25 (average price of ticket?) = £150,000 + hospitality profit etc.  This would be offset by fans paying to watch it on TV but it’s probably fair to assume that for every £12 ish stream bought 3 or 4 fans will watch that stream.  I’ve deliberately not included the possibility of 500 fans or so getting to attend, purely to make the arithmetic easier 🤣 

Assuming there is no compensation forthcoming, do you reckon that will mean at least one less player brought in during the January window?

Has to be postponed, no other option, clubs cannot accommodate these kind of losses.

31 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Good people of Dundee - any pubs you know of that have a roaring fire? It’s freezing and I want nothing more than a dram and toasty fire to warm my cockles.

Can’t think of any pubs with an open fire in Dundee.

Anyway, why are you not at McDiarmid tonight?  Come Boxing Day crowds are limited to 500, which means......you’ll still get to watch St Johnstone if you want to 😉

Edited by Shadow Play

Byrne being linked with Lincoln and Bradford, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing him come back to us. He seems like a guy that would value staying in Scotland close to Dunfermline as well for his family. Had saw you offered him a new deal as well, how's he been over the course of it? Seemed like the right decision from us to let him go as we had better in Bartley and then Holt but seems like he'd be a decent option now.

2 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Byrne being linked with Lincoln and Bradford, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing him come back to us. He seems like a guy that would value staying in Scotland close to Dunfermline as well for his family. Had saw you offered him a new deal as well, how's he been over the course of it? Seemed like the right decision from us to let him go as we had better in Bartley and then Holt but seems like he'd be a decent option now.

Fantasy football thread for this pish.

3 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Has to be postponed, no other option, clubs cannot accommodate these kind of losses.

Trouble is Biggie I think there has to be unanimous agreement with the top flight clubs to bring the winter shutdown forward?  Little chance of the top 12 Scottish clubs all agreeing to that.

2 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Trouble is Biggie I think there has to be unanimous agreement with the top flight clubs to bring the winter shutdown forward?  Little chance of the top 12 Scottish clubs all agreeing to that.

Yeah, good old Newco and the tinpot Dingwall outfit.

1 hour ago, K.T said:

My Italian mate is moving to London mid January and I was looking forward to taking him to the derby to give him his first experience of sitting in the Derry, absolutely certain that his loyalty to Juventus would be replaced with the dark blue of Dundee. Not to be, sadly.

Thank you.

You’ve a strange way of treating your mates.  We had hospitality booked for this, pretty pissed off that we’re likely to miss it.