All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

I got slated for saying he was the next Ross Callachan about 12 months ago.

Shows how quickly opinions of young players can change.

Did you?

I seem to remember most Dundee fans saying that they'd be happy he went to United for cash. If it was anybody, it was probably people like Twinkle trying to be a merchant.

8 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Did you?

I seem to remember most Dundee fans saying that they'd be happy he went to United for cash. If it was anybody, it was probably people like Twinkle trying to be a merchant.

That reminds me, the DABs don't seem to be so regular in here these days. Can't imagine why 😂

31 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Did you?

On 01/12/2021 at 20:12, Derry Alli said:

I'm a few pages late back to the chat and I am far from Max Anderson's biggest fan but I am also genuinely fucking bylin' @RandomGuy. said he's anything like Ross Callachan (or however you spell his stupid fucking name).

Im still convinced he'll have a Callachan-esque career of dotting between the top flight and 2nd tier, with the odd spell of looking better than that if he finds a team/manager who lets him just be a dog.

A player like Anderson will always have a job for a team that's set up to use a player of his type, and he was what we were missing from the team around the time we took Callachan on loan, but I've seen enough from him now that I'm not convinced there's going to be anything forthcoming that we haven't seen already.

Being a willing runner and having loads of energy will take you so far, but it's football, not distance running, and I haven't seen either enough ability on the ball or any indication that he has the mental aptitude for the game that will help him develop his ball-playing ability. He's kinda the antithesis of Finn Robertson, in that if you could put the best aspects of both into one player you might actually have something.

1 hour ago, Boo Khaki said:

A player like Anderson will always have a job for a team that's set up to use a player of his type, and he was what we were missing from the team around the time we took Callachan on loan, but I've seen enough from him now that I'm not convinced there's going to be anything forthcoming that we haven't seen already.

Being a willing runner and having loads of energy will take you so far, but it's football, not distance running, and I haven't seen either enough ability on the ball or any indication that he has the mental aptitude for the game that will help him develop his ball-playing ability. He's kinda the antithesis of Finn Robertson, in that if you could put the best aspects of both into one player you might actually have something.

The best young CM ive seen you have recently is Jack Lambert, who im forever surprised has had as shite a career as hes had.

Presumably theres something ive just missed whenever ive seen him.

On 02/03/2023 at 09:27, Pens_Dark said:

Rumours doing the rounds that McMullan, Kerr and Cameron have all signed PCA's. They are just that...rumours but irrespective or whether it's true or not I can see a big summer rebuild on the cards.

Kerr is going to the fermers, all signed and sealed

Kerr will only be moving on if he has been told he will not be offered a new deal next season.

I know a lot of guys dislike Kerr's ability, however, for me, he is someone who has been a model professional throughout his career with us. Super fit, always gives 100% and is Derry'd oot his nut. Yes, for sure he lacks ability in some area's of his game, like crossing and getting caught out from time to time, but that's why he plays for us. A quick full back and good at tackling and blocking.

If he does move on, I wish him all the best. Good c**t imo.

Nobody will be happier than myself if Kerr is moved on. Players like him are a big reason I have fell and still find myself falling out of love with football. Boys who fall out windows and go upwards because they toe the line. 

If he makes his way through to Perth I will wish him all the best though. I have absolutely nothing against people making a fortune from other clubs.

47 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Kerr will only be moving on if he has been told he will not be offered a new deal next season.

I know a lot of guys dislike Kerr's ability, however, for me, he is someone who has been a model professional throughout his career with us. Super fit, always gives 100% and is Derry'd oot his nut. Yes, for sure he lacks ability in some area's of his game, like crossing and getting caught out from time to time, but that's why he plays for us. A quick full back and good at tackling and blocking.

If he does move on, I wish him all the best. Good c**t imo.

Well summed up.

Must be something about full backs some Dundee fans don’t like.  I remember Paul McGinn used to get pelters, despite being nowhere the worse player in the park.  Judging by his subsequent moves I think it would be fair to say the fans that regularly moaned about him perhaps need to realistically reassess the level of player we can convince to come to Dens.

Got nothing against any individual player personally, particularly ones that give their all like those mentioned. We can't all be Messi or the best player in the team, turning up and busting a gut to play to your ability and try and improve is all most can do.

That said the majority of this squad doesn't have it for the level we want to be at, at least not as a group. We need a new core to build round. Maybe some can rise to the occasion but some will inevitably fall by the wayside. All the best to them, doesn't make them bad players, just not right for us anymore.

Feel for Gary Bowyer trying to work some magic with the absolute miss-shaped nonsense recruited by James Mistake. Not an easy task it would appear, as we already knew.

However he's not exactly covered himself in plaudits with his own managerial skills, be it pre or in-game for that matter. So like @Bigmouth Strikes Again, I'm far from convinced Mr Bowyer is the feller to take us forward. In fairness, far more sense comes from our very own P&B thread regarding proposed team selection and in-game management.

We've also only to look at the downtrodden state of our once proud stadium, not forgetting the current playing surface to see, John Nelms' is not shitting us when he intimates minimal maintenance or very little at best is being carried out.

Originally in 2018 Mr Nelms' said the new stadium would be completed by 2020, then last year he said by 2024.  'Septic tank' is not always just Cockney slang for 'Yank', it sometimes just merely means 'full of shit', imho.

Now March 2023, tick fucking tock gentlemen. That includes you Gordon Strachan.

Regards

PS, all the best Cammy Kerr.

I have watched Dundee for over 45 years through thick and thin. Over the last decade I have witnessed a decline in the quality of squad players not just at Dundee but throughout Scottish football outwith the old firm. 

Cammy Kerr is more than capable for the level Dundee play at currently. The fact if rumours are true that he is going to premier club St Johnstone is testament to that (unless we think we are better at spotting talent than professional clubs are). 

I have read P&B everyday for years but have very rarely posted as i enjoy just reading the threads. I do often shake my head in disbelief and dismay at the comments of our fans at times. We are a mediocre team in a 2nd tier league in a country with a mediocre standard of football. 

My love for Dundee remains but I have learned to mellow over the years to accept the reality of the situation. We are what we are and that isn't going to significantly change in my lifetime. However I can honestly say that I have always remained loyal to the club and although vocal  have remained respectful and supportive. It's not easy being a Dee, especially over the last decade however the only real thing I miss at the moment are playing our neighbours !

If rumours are true Cammy, I wish you all the best lad and thank you for your service.

4 minutes ago, deelirious said:

I have watched Dundee for over 45 years through thick and thin. Over the last decade I have witnessed a decline in the quality of squad players not just at Dundee but throughout Scottish football outwith the old firm. 

Cammy Kerr is more than capable for the level Dundee play at currently. The fact if rumours are true that he is going to premier club St Johnstone is testament to that (unless we think we are better at spotting talent than professional clubs are). 

I have read P&B everyday for years but have very rarely posted as i enjoy just reading the threads. I do often shake my head in disbelief and dismay at the comments of our fans at times. We are a mediocre team in a 2nd tier league in a country with a mediocre standard of football. 

My love for Dundee remains but I have learned to mellow over the years to accept the reality of the situation. We are what we are and that isn't going to significantly change in my lifetime. However I can honestly say that I have always remained loyal to the club and although vocal  have remained respectful and supportive. It's not easy being a Dee, especially over the last decade however the only real thing I miss at the moment are playing our neighbours !

If rumours are true Cammy, I wish you all the best lad and thank you for your service.

Welcome aboard, the Dees on here are superb, and we basically rule the whole forum.

Thank you.