All things Dundee FC

40 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Hard to say how good Portales is. Yes we’ve missed him but we’ve also had Beck and Lamie missing, Coco in goals for part of 1 game, all during a tough run of fixtures. Has he been unlucky or is he made of plasticine? I like the exotic nature of the Mexican experiment though so happy to keep him regardless. I think his Champions League aspirations are slim, probs his best chance is a strong finish to this season with us and a move to the OF

Tina Fey Swipe Left GIF

I was always more cautious than most when pundits etc were saying we were safe after the first round of matches or so, as I believed that we would inevitably hit a patch where we lost 5 or 6 in a row, or went 10 or more games without a win. However, I think it's fair to say that a win on Saturday will pretty much see us safe in terms of the playoffs or relegation, as we would be 13 points ahead of second bottom, with 13 games left to play. I presume that, this being Dundee, we will lose in spectacular fashion on Saturday? It is the way we like to do things, after all...

image.jpeg.0d354ba44e358c81fa8850878052cb36.jpeg

42 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

I was always more cautious than most when pundits etc were saying we were safe after the first round of matches or so, as I believed that we would inevitably hit a patch where we lost 5 or 6 in a row, or went 10 or more games without a win. However, I think it's fair to say that a win on Saturday will pretty much see us safe in terms of the playoffs or relegation, as we would be 13 points ahead of second bottom, with 13 games left to play. I presume that, this being Dundee, we will lose in spectacular fashion on Saturday? It is the way we like to do things, after all...

image.jpeg.0d354ba44e358c81fa8850878052cb36.jpeg

The reason we have done so well this season in my opinion is that we usually responded to a defeat with a draw or win. We haven't went on a run of poor results, where a lot of other teams have this season. We only lost back to back games for the first time at the turn of the new year. 

Docherty has managed to find a great ability to get a response from this team after a loss or poor performance. Says a lot about the players he has recruited too.

The scarring of being a Dundee fan has me expecting a loss here but Docherty has us built differently this season.

Docherty in the pre-march press conference saying that he’s hoping that Portales, Pineda, Mellon, Howley and Reilly will all be available from next week. He did claim Lamie was just around the corner for about 3 weeks before he played on Sunday, but that’s excellent news to potentially be back up to near full strength as soon as next week.

Also said Main should be back in the squad for Saturday, had a nasty chest infection but is past it now.

1 hour ago, AmericanFan said:

Is the Europa Conference League dream still alive?

It is, probably quite slim but doable. Need to make up 6 or 7 points on Killie and St Mirren with a game in hand, or hope one of the teams above us win the Cup (which IMO looks very likely) in which case we just need to catch one of them, and you’d imagine it’d be tough for both of them to keep their momentum going the entire way.

Of course we’ll need to be better than at least one of them over the remaining time before the split which is a tough ask (personally not yet convinced we’re favourites to crack the top six tbh, always the pessimist lol) but again, doable. The fact we could be up to pretty much full strength come next week though is encouraging.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

31 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Docherty in the pre-march press conference saying that he’s hoping that Portales, Pineda, Mellon, Howley and Reilly will all be available from next week. He did claim Lamie was just around the corner for about 3 weeks before he played on Sunday, but that’s excellent news to potentially be back up to near full strength as soon as next week.

Also said Main should be back in the squad for Saturday, had a nasty chest infection but is past it now.

It is, probably quite slim but doable. Need to make up 6 or 7 points on Killie and St Mirren with a game in hand, or hope one of the teams above us win the Cup (which IMO looks very likely) in which case we just need to catch one of them, and you’d imagine it’d be tough for both of them to keep their momentum going the entire way.

Of course we’ll need to be better than at least one of them over the remaining time before the split which is a tough ask (personally not yet convinced we’re favourites to crack the top six tbh, always the pessimist lol) but again, doable. The fact we could be up to pretty much full strength come next week though is encouraging.

Passport GIF by Moonie

43 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I predict Pineda and Reilly will play a massive part in our remaining games. 

A concern I have with moving to Camperdown is the youth getting to games. We have lots of new younger fans coming to the games and making use of the u12 season ticket. Dens is likely not far a walk for majority of fans as it is quite central. Would the club put on transport to Camperdown? It would also be difficult for fans living away from Dundee who get train/bus into city centre. How would these fans then get to Camperdown from the city centre? 

28 bus to Charleston and then a short walk through the underpass.

I think the number 1 services that go towards ardler and st Mary's would suit too. 

You can get off them up at the Dunsinane trading estate and it's just a very short walk.

10 minutes ago, peebles_Dee said:

A concern I have with moving to Camperdown is the youth getting to games. We have lots of new younger fans coming to the games and making use of the u12 season ticket. Dens is likely not far a walk for majority of fans as it is quite central. Would the club put on transport to Camperdown? It would also be difficult for fans living away from Dundee who get train/bus into city centre. How would these fans then get to Camperdown from the city centre? 

The documents submitted suggest that there will be new bus routes serving a dedicated terminus right next to the stadium, or the provision of a shuttle service from the train station part funded by the club, or both.

17 minutes ago, peebles_Dee said:

I think it evens itself out, more difficult from a train, easier for a car. 

12 minutes ago, Big Gus said:

28 bus to Charleston and then a short walk through the underpass.

I think the number 1 services that go towards ardler and st Mary's would suit too. 

You can get off them up at the Dunsinane trading estate and it's just a very short walk.

And they get free bus travel.