All things Dundee FC

f**k this independence nonsense, please don't go Paul :(

PH isn't going anywhere.

For a start, PH wouldn't have brought in all the backroom staff that he has, just to walk away from them, plus he likes to see things through and I feel he has just started. plus, he wants to do the best before he moves on to another club.

Edited by BlueDee

May I suggest that Hartley holds no allegiance to Dundee and that the way his move from Alloa to here came about shows he is ambitious.

I think he would take this if it was offered. Money, reputation etc would all increase dramatically and he is extremely ambitious.

That said I hope it's all wind and pish. It's probably just confusion as they must surely mean jackie mac who is apparently a far superior manager.

Anyone who thinks Hartley wouldn't consider this is a dafty, more money, better facilities, no real ties to us apart from his staff (who would go with him) yes Vincent Tan is a loon but Hartleys stock would rise quite considerably if he went to Cardiff! I think it's too early as he hasn't completed a season at us yet but time will tell

There is no danger Hartley is being considered for the Cardiff job - they will be after a proven manager in the english leagues not some guy who has had a couple of promotions in scotlands lower leagues.

Hartley will be here on Sunday fist pumping away as we give United a doing 8)

Edited by SpiderDee

In what way would his stock rise 'considerably' if he takes over at Cardiff?

Eh... What?

As much as it pains me to say it, the Cardiff job obviously carries a lot more weight than a newly promoted Dundee. Of course that job would push his reputation should he end up there (regardless of the crazy club politics).

PH isn't going anywhere.

For a start, PH wouldn't have brought in all the backroom staff that he has, just to walk away from them, plus he likes to see things through and I feel he has just started.

I wish folk would stop saying he'd jump at it. Or at least have something to back it up.

He quit his job at Alloa at the first sign of resistance - after the first time they had lost three times in a row under his management - to the surprise of everybody.

Perhaps he had the foresight to see he had taken them to the other side of the parabola, but the evidence is there that he isn't shy at making a sudden decision about his career.

He quit his job at Alloa at the first sign of resistance - after the first time they had lost three times in a row under his management - to the surprise of everybody.

Perhaps he had the foresight to see he had taken them to the other side of the parabola, but the evidence is there that he isn't shy at making a sudden decision about his career.

It wasn't exactly sudden, as he was at Alloa for three years and took them as far as he could with a part time team. He has only got his feet into Dens and in his words has only just got started with the thing he would like to do at Dundee. I will be more than surprised if he takes the Cardiff Job.

It wasn't exactly sudden, as he was at Alloa for three years and took them as far as he could with a part time team. He has only got his feet into Dens and in his words has only just got started with the thing he would like to do at Dundee. I will be more than surprised if he takes the Cardiff Job.

There's no dispute that he could do more with Dundee. Any club with Dundee's resources could consolidate in the top six with the correct management - Motherwell have done it.

But Hartley's departure was sudden, toward the end of the transfer window in his first season in the Championship. I cannot believe that anybody expected him to resign just over half-way through the season.

Edited by bunglebonce

I can't see it happening to be honest. This is a similar appointment to Ole Solskjaer although he is a much bigger name in football than Hartley. OS at the time and Hartley just now are both inexperienced, especially for a club the size of Cardiff. Cardiff need to get out of the championship this season so I think they'll go down the more experienced route in Pulis.

Pulis is Welsh, supposedly a Cardiff fan and he's already knocked back the Leeds job.

I had a week look on the Cardiff forum and I don't think they would be too pleased seeing Hartley installed as manager.

The word was that Hartley had chances to leave Alloa before that but felt he was still learning and gaining experience. He often said he wasn't in a rush to leave. I think in the end he had just enough of the constraints of part time football, don't think he is the kind of person who hangs around and goes through the motions so when he decided he wanted full time he left Alloa and waited for the next job.

I'd guess he would have a similar feeling at Dundee, another period of gaining experience. He can take Dundee further and wait for a job that really suits. Not convince that is Cardiff.

Are you implying Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's managerial stock has risen?

No, I'm making the very specific point outlined in my reply to you.

There is no mention of Solskaer in my post as we're talking about the individual case of Paul Hartley, even if they were a direct comparison you're overcomplicating something quite simple.

He'd be silly to take the job IMO (if he's even been approached), but you're deluding yourself in thinking Cardiff isn't a much higher profile job (that would invariably increase his managerial standing).

Edited by LiamDFC

It would not increase his managerial stock, unless he done a good job. Simply accepting the job won't enhance it. It's all very simple to understand tbh.

Then we'll need to agree to disagree, pal.

Every year you see the same terrible football managers ping-ponging their way around the leagues, hired purely on the back of their previous roles. Why was Ole hired in the first place? Because of his name.

If Paul Harley gets this (obviously much higher profile job), then his name will be better known within these circles and by the bigger clubs.

No fucking danger is he going to Cardiff.

He knows what it's like to work under lunatics seeing as he stood up to Romanov at Hearts and he's not going to leave a secure job where he's doing well to go to a club with a crackpot owner that have gone through 3 managers in a year just to have the threat of the sack hanging over him at the first sign of trouble. He's too smart to take a job like that.