All things Dundee FC

3 hours ago, Fifespud said:

What the f**k is happening with Meekings?

I don't know, Spud but I'm glad they're being thorough and taking a cautious approach now rather than Hartley's strategy of dishing out 3 year contracts to boys with notoriously chocolate legs and hoping for the best.

I don't know, Spud but I'm glad they're being thorough and taking a cautious approach now rather than Hartley's strategy of dishing out 3 year contracts to boys with notoriously chocolate legs and hoping for the best.

I know, I know but it's not the Dundee way and it just doesn't feel right. We are reckless c***s.

You can't sign a player if they're not fit enough to pass a medical.

Surely you can if you want to? I.e. you're aware of the problem but think it's worth the risk. Nobody would take Murray Davidson cause he couldn't pass a medical but saints know all about his shite knees so were happy to extend his contract.

Surely you can if you want to? I.e. you're aware of the problem but think it's worth the risk. Nobody would take Murray Davidson cause he couldn't pass a medical but saints know all about his shite knees so were happy to extend his contract.

It depends on the club you'd imagine

I'm not 100% sure but as far as i'm aware there are certain official procedures that clubs have to go through in order for a player to pass a medical. I know that a lot of the time clubs can work around some of these things just to make a player pass. I don't know what the extent of the Meekings injury is but it's my best guess that the reason he hasn't signed yet is because he's not passed his medical.

Meekings knee sounds like its goosed.  Any bottom 6 club would be mad to sign him at this stage, and have to pay him a wage to sit in the stand for 6 months.

7 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Agreed.  Looks like the board have learned from the signing of Nicky Low.  

Mind you, Low's signing was a complete success compared to Ranger's signing of Daniel Prodan.

23 minutes ago, K.T said:

I'm not too clued up on Aberdeen, but did I not hear that they told Shaun Maloney to gtf because he failed a medical? Seems the kind of player they would sign regardless if they could.

If my reading of things is correct they didn't tell him to GTF they just held off on signing him until his situation became clear. As far as I'm aware there was still chat this week that he might sign but it all hinged on his injury/treatment, that was before he pitched up at Lennoxtown looking at coaching roles with Celtic.

Absolutely bizarre scenes that McInnes is coming out in the press announcing that the player might retire before Maloney does tbh: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40805276

Edited by capt_oats

I've just read the preview for tomorrow's match on the official website and I knew we had a shite record against Ross County but I didn't realise quite how shite it actually is. 12 wins in 43 games is pish against a team from a town with a population of less than 6,000. Time for the Mouss in Boots to bag himself a fluky deflected goal in the 90th minute to secure a wholly unmerited victory. 

14 minutes ago, Thomohawk said:

I've just read the preview for tomorrow's match on the official website and I knew we had a shite record against Ross County but I didn't realise quite how shite it actually is. 12 wins in 43 games is pish against a team from a town with a population of less than 6,000. Time for the Mouss in Boots to bag himself a fluky deflected goal in the 90th minute to secure a wholly unmerited victory. 

Not sure what population has to do with it.  Inverness has over 10 times the population of Dingwall yet they can blow us out the water when it comes to wages.  I don't even want to think about that they're paying Andy Davies and Billy McKay.