All things Dundee FC

23 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Surely it’s only good news if the provincial clubs are receiving 6-7 figure transfer fees?

Anything that'll bring you closer to us is great news Spud. I want you to have millions, a new stadium and world cup stars. No excuses then.

Bit like thon time you spunked 23 million to come 5th, great times.

27 minutes ago, Dee-funked said:

I heard different. Apparently we did make him an offer, he was keen to come back to Dens but his other half put an end to it as she didn't want to move away from family. Guy who told me this said it came from Kane himself when he was up here last summer.

Anything that'll bring you closer to us is great news Spud. I want you to have millions, a new stadium and world cup stars. No excuses then.
Bit like thon time you spunked 23 million to come 5th, great times.

[emoji476][emoji476]ffs tam [emoji106]????

2 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Dear, dear. What a pathetic post.

Surely it’s only good news if the provincial clubs are receiving 6-7 figure transfer fees?

What? I've critisiced nothing or nobody in that post, my talk about clubs spending six figure fees regularly again was a positive. Most clubs seem financially sound, investing in youth/facilities, and capable of spending money on fees. Thats brilliant for Scottish football. 

I'd love to think there was a possibility of Hemmings coming back north but have to think he'd still have plenty better offers down south... 

If he could be persuaded he would make a huge difference to us tho, we finished top six thanks to him and Stewart with a pretty ropey team so I think with an improved version of the team we had last year we'd be seriously well placed for next season. (Cue him signing for a rival and us paying money for Beaker now)

2 minutes ago, locheedee said:

I'd love to think there was a possibility of Hemmings coming back north but have to think he'd still have plenty better offers down south... 

If he could be persuaded he would make a huge difference to us tho, we finished top six thanks to him and Stewart with a pretty ropey team so I think with an improved version of the team we had last year we'd be seriously well placed for next season. (Cue him signing for a rival and us paying money for Beaker now)

According to the DAB in the work Beaker is the same quality as Stewart,  played in the same position, but on the opposite side of the pitch, it's a valid point. IMO. Beaker and Hemmings?

20 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

According to the DAB in the work Beaker is the same quality as Stewart,  played in the same position, but on the opposite side of the pitch, it's a valid point. IMO. Beaker and Hemmings?

Well the dab in your work is taking shite mate. Gorgeous Greg is a million times better than Si. I'd take Greg Stewart back in a heartbeat.

15 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

I can't see it myself, Murray’s not got the composure of Stewart or the finishing. I'd be happy to be proved wrong but everything I've seen of him reminds me of the kid in the school football team that scored plenty by running about like a daftie but got found out as soon as they needed to start using their head...

IIRC we finished 8th the season Hemmings was with us and that was in our second season back in the Premiership. We finished 6th with Tankulic, Clarkson and Heffernan leading the line in our first season back. [emoji1]

2 minutes ago, Moo said:

IIRC we finished 8th the season Hemmings was with us and that was in our second season back in the Premiership. We finished 6th with Tankulic, Clarkson and Heffernan leading the line in our first season back. emoji1.png

Oooft, I stand corrected - didn't check but just had it in my head that we'd have finished higher with those two up top...

Still think we'd do better with Hemmings than any or all of those three though ;)

54 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Yer mate’s a lunatic. 

On 15/05/2018 at 18:02, SweeperDee said:

I mean I don’t think it’s legally enforceable. Drug testing in employment is enforceable but I don’t think alcohol testing is. Could be wrong though.

Of course you're wrong. 

"FINANCIALLY IRRESPONSIBLE DUNDEE"

What? I've critisiced nothing or nobody in that post, my talk about clubs spending six figure fees regularly again was a positive. Most clubs seem financially sound, investing in youth/facilities, and capable of spending money on fees. Thats brilliant for Scottish football. 

Sure......

Just now, Fifespud said:

Sure......

I made that disclaimer because I knew folk like you would be desperate to claim that's the only reason I was asking it, and would dredge a serious question into a never ending debate instead. 

Shouldn't really have bothered.