All things Dundee FC

11 minutes ago, Juantwothree said:

But how good was he against hearts in pre season haha

Yeah I thought we'd found a proper goal scoring superstar but sadly same as with Moussa I was proved wrong as soon as the season started :(

Just me that thinks Holt will be a miss? Left back traditionally a tough position to fill and there's been much worse performers over the last few seasons. I think he's been a big part of the slight upturn in form of late.

Just me that thinks Holt will be a miss? Left back traditionally a tough position to fill and there's been much worse performers over the last few seasons. I think he's been a big part of the slight upturn in form of late.

i agree with you. holt, although often shitting it would have been great back up and pushed a new face to perform each week. jon i cant really comment on as i havent seen enough of him. doubt anyone can claim they have seen enough of him to judge but NM.

big gamble letting both our experienced LBs go though. in an ideal world we are now looking at 2 new LB for the squad. hopefully NMs network is able to cope with that.

Like many on here I thought Holt was ok and an unfortunate victim of the boo boys.

We all mostly agreed that Basque Jon had a positive affect when he took over too.

Think it’s just a case of neither were ‘must keeps’ - we can maybe get one really good LB and a youngster as back up.

1 minute ago, punk_dfc said:

I'm baffled more by the release of Spanish Jon, had one of the best records in the league for preventing crosses into the box. However, I would have kept Holt had he not signed on and tried to sign a better left back for him to play back up too.  Although I suspect Holt's release is more to do with him not getting on with McCann than his usefulness. I am lead to believe the reason he was dropped back near the start of the season was because he sided with Bain.

Seems to be plenty rumors going about on facebook that we might be in for Lee Wallace though, not sure how to feel about that... No EBTs?

I'm baffled more by the release of Spanish Jon, had one of the best records in the league for preventing crosses into the box. However, I would have kept Holt had he not signed on and tried to sign a better left back for him to play back up too.  Although I suspect Holt's release is more to do with him not getting on with McCann than his usefulness. I am lead to believe the reason he was dropped back near the start of the season was because he sided with Bain.

Seems to be plenty rumors going about on facebook that we might be in for Lee Wallace though, not sure how to feel about that... No EBTs?

i reckon wallace will head south. wouldnt really complain about having him at dens. lets face it we are used to LBs that cant defend. i heard we are in for Kenny Miller but cant see that happening.

edit to add that the miller "rumour" was from a boy in the pub. could have been millers dad or just a pish head for all i kin!

putting a tag on someone for assault is basically an out-of-prison way of saying you could have gone to prison. If McGowan is done this time he will need an exceptional lawyer to avoid jail.

As a player I dont see the guy that was rated highly in his St Mirren days and I dont see how the Dees owe him anything as others seem to think.

I made that disclaimer because I knew folk like you would be desperate to claim that's the only reason I was asking it, and would dredge a serious question into a never ending debate instead. 
Shouldn't really have bothered. 

How could us RECEIVING £3 million pounds in transfer fees, under completely new owners, possibly be construed as us commencing a period of financial recklessness?

You’re at it, as usual. Boring, boring, boring.

8 hours ago, Fifespud said:

How could us RECEIVING £3 million pounds in transfer fees, under completely new owners, possibly be construed as us commencing a period of financial recklessness?

This was my point! Despite it being obvious I was asking a serious question, certain folk would still be desperate to make it seem like I was having a go. All you're doing here is highlighting the reason I put it in the post. 

Just a thought, if you could mould the best of Moussa and Beaker into one player you would have a striker who can hold the ball up and run around a lot....and not score. This is a no from me to either.

It's a pity we are so well stocked at CH. Good few talents from the Championship out of contract in Tam O'Ware and Craig Halkett.

I'd like to see Jai Quitongo in if poss.

11 hours ago, dburns said:

Jon was apparently not the best behaved off the pitch and things were worse after the contract renewal.

Lee Wallace would be very good for us I reckon but his wages would make him unobtainable I'd imagine or, at the very best, see him arrive but take up a huge proportion of the wage budget. I think Nathan Ralph is much more likely.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

It's a pity we are so well stocked at CH. Good few talents from the Championship out of contract in Tam O'Ware and Craig Halkett.

I'd like to see Jai Quitongo in if poss.

Would there be compensation with Quitongo? I know FM usually has it about £200k

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Would there be compensation with Quitongo? I know FM usually has it about £200k

FM doesn't have the proper compensation rules coded in. It's certainly much less than that figure anyway.

Either €30k per year if Morton are defined as a cat 3 club or €10k for year if they are a cat 4 club. I can't remember what they fall under but I think it'll be the latter (or at least most of it) which would mean £25-30k.