All things Dundee FC

13 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

At least we can't get beat this weekend.

Enjoy it lads

McCann will certainly be enjoying his weekend off ‘cause he’s genuinely  confident in his coaching and tactical abilities.  He knows his signings are good, that what he is doing is the right and it’s only a matter of time before it all comes good.  

Must be great to be so naive and stubborn!

McCann will certainly be enjoying his weekend off ‘cause he’s genuinely  confident in his coaching and tactical abilities.  He knows his signings are good, that what he is doing is the right and it’s only a matter of time before it all comes good.  
Must be great to be so naive and stubborn!

what i would give to have that feeling.

im just greatful i dont give a toss about sscotland or id be off a bridge

As detailed above. The weekend still involved watching a team in dark blue cough up shitey goals from their own basic mistakes.
Maybe it’s something to do with the colour?
id say we should just wear our away for the rest of the season but its fucking honking
I'm missing Dundee already.
its been a long weekend

Yup I went along on Friday. Doing same on Monday. Football right now is not good fun.

However I have a question. I remember before we got a discount with our season ticket for either an ice hockey game or we got money off games, is this still a thing or have I imagined this ?
no it was a thing. got a voucher for a free hockey game and money off places. i cant remember how long ago it was

Yup I went along on Friday. Doing same on Monday. Football right now is not good fun.

However I have a question. I remember before we got a discount with our season ticket for either an ice hockey game or we got money off games, is this still a thing or have I imagined this ?
no it was a thing. got a voucher for a free hockey game and money off places. i cant remember how long ago it was
I remember this as a lot of saints fans, myself included, suggested it was the sort of thing saints should be doing.

Ironically, saints actually do have The saints card with a similar idea.

13 hours ago, Louis Litt said:

For the first time ever I'm not missing domestic football during an international break, which is really sad and speaks volumes about how fed up with Dundee I am at the moment.

Every Dee I have met has quipped the same "at least we can't get beat this weekend". Not only does that joke get old fast but we are losing out on the best opportunity to appoint a manager using time and tact.

Are there any plans to include a safe-standing section in the new stadium?

New-build out of town stadiums can be dreadfully soulless places, especially on days when the away support's shite. Having one end of rail seats would instantly make the place much less identikit and probably greatly improve the atmosphere too.

2 hours ago, Crawford said:

Every Dee I have met has quipped the same "at least we can't get beat this weekend". Not only does that joke get old fast but we are losing out on the best opportunity to appoint a manager using time and tact.

If we'd got rid after Motherwell then I'd inevitably be feeling different and looking forward to the change, but he's obviously not going to go before that, now. Throw in the fact that it's Rangers away and we're almost certainly going to get pumped, it's basically just delaying another defeat and the shite that comes with that for another week.

1 hour ago, Meadow_Jock said:

New-build out of town stadiums can be dreadfully soulless places, especially on days when the away support's shite. Having one end of rail seats would instantly make the place much less identikit and probably greatly improve the atmosphere too.

Asked that too. He said it is an "exciting prospect" and that he looked forward to seeing how it went for Celtic. (This was a long time ago).

3 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

And every dee should know this won't change or happen just yet whether you like it or not.

I don't like it however like many I can enjoy a weekend of not feeling shit after my team being beat again.

Have a lovely weekend and enjoy it because next week after game against Rangers you may be a raging mess again.

Again? I never stopped.

I’d love to see us make one entire end safe standing. That would still leave around 12000 normal seats which is as many as we have at the moment and would be unique for this part of the world. Trouble is apart from derbies I can’t imagine we’d ever be able to fill it.

Would be disappointed if we didn’t at least have 750-1000 in a corner though.

I reckon a safe seating section would end up like the Derry and become the 'place to be' regardless of the facilities that side of the ground offered. Did I read somewhere that we were forgoing the idea of filling in the corners now with the new stadium plan or am I making that up?

20 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I reckon a safe seating section would end up like the Derry and become the 'place to be' regardless of the facilities that side of the ground offered. Did I read somewhere that we were forgoing the idea of filling in the corners now with the new stadium plan or am I making that up?

Ive just come to terms with the fact we don’t get goals at Dens but that’s a step too far!