All things Dundee FC

Seriously - if you were to guarantee me we would never go bust, but equally we'd never win anything in my lifetime but we had this sort of team I'd absolutely bite your hand off: 

Dundee have a long history, but so much of it is in the distant past. I've been fortunate to see my team have some success, which includes trophies. I appreciate the loyalty of the Dee fans, especially during their "defiant" season, but if all they have to show is some admitably great performances that ultimately lead to nothing but administration, then their fans are easily pleased.

Dundee have a long history, but so much of it is in the distant past. I've been fortunate to see my team have some success, which includes trophies. I appreciate the loyalty of the Dee fans, especially during their "defiant" season, but if all they have to show is some admitably great performances that ultimately lead to nothing but administration, then their fans are easily pleased.

The main problem Dundee have is that their fans are not easily pleased. I was at Cannigia's debut with my dad, sadly at his last ever game and there were about 7500 there to see us pumped by Motherwell.

My last act as an 8 year old Celtic fan was to be persuaded by my dad that I should really support Dundee after Dundee beat Celtic in the 73 league Cup final. I was alive when my team last won a major honour but I was a snotty wee glory hunter who was supporting the opposition.

I have supported Dundee ever since.

It's shite, but what can you do?

Europe here we come.

If more people remained loyal to their local teams, we would have less glory hunters "claiming" to be Rangers or Celtic supporters but never go to see a live game. It sickens me to see the pubs full of "loyal" old firm fans.

rare successes, in what ever form, mean so much to supporters of the so called provincial teams.

6 hours ago, Sixtyplus said:

If more people remained loyal to their local teams, we would have less glory hunters "claiming" to be Rangers or Celtic supporters but never go to see a live game. It sickens me to see the pubs full of "loyal" old firm fans.

rare successes, in what ever form, mean so much to supporters of the so called provincial teams.

I think that's why junior teams are becoming more popular in fairness.

It's unpredictable and you have that bit of local pride.

Personally I grew up in the sectarian cesspit and was told I supported rangers. Never liked or watched football.

Moved here and my Mrs took me to a derby. Wasn't really bothered but it was the McPake derby. Watching us rally back and the absolute scenes in the shed as the ball went in. That was it for me.

Don't even "support" an English side or Spanish side. Dundee only.

8 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'm actually embarrassed for you. Fair enough trying to claim St Johnstone have had more success than Dundee in the last decade or so. But creaming yourself over Kennedy when we've had Caniggia is ridiculous, regardless of club success. Ffs, it's not like we are talking Gilzean vs Baltacha here.

I thought it was obvious I was trying to wind Yenitit up, seeing as he seems to go into a smilie frenzie every time a Saints fan posts on here. 

But there you go.

9 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Seriously - if you were to guarantee me we would never go bust, but equally we'd never win anything in my lifetime but we had this sort of team I'd absolutely bite your hand off: 

Part 2 of your deal is firmly in place.  Part 3 fleetingly was

Part 1?

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

I thought it was obvious I was trying to wind Yenitit up, seeing as he seems to go into a smilie frenzie every time a Saints fan posts on here. 

But there you go.

Woh, woh, woh. You’ve never wound anyone up ye dafty. Quite enjoy Tam’s bullshit but you on the other hand are a boring c**t. 

1 trophy win in your club’s history and 1 other cup final in 140 years, what a club. Not sure you’s even played anyone half decent in the cup run.  

Edited by Yenitit

12 hours ago, Fifespud said:

My son saw Cannigia play for Dundee many times, was at his debut, had his name and 33 on several tops and met the great man in Vissochis a couple of times. He’s never once asked if he could swap them for a top with ‘Alan Storar Cars’ on the front and TWATT on the back, funnily enough emoji4.png

I saw Michael O'Halloran and winning the Scottish Cup and playing in Europe :thumsup2

8 minutes ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

I saw Michael O'Halloran and winning the Scottish Cup and playing in Europe :thumsup2

What about your father, grandfather and the generations before that?  You see supporting a club like Dundee means far more to me than just what I personally can get out of it.