All things Dundee FC

Good evening.
Just a brief comment to agree with the above posting regarding Glen Kamara.
Anyone attending the St Johnstone  home game  December 29th  should remember this young gentleman's performance which was an absolute discredit and disgrace to his so called profession.
This professional was prevented from embarrassing his employers any longer at half-time and never wore the famous dark blue again. The modern game would appear to provide disposable football clubs for the more weak minded man-child of today.
As Nathan Jones rebuilds at Stoke City he professes, talent is not enough, he requires  the work ethic and decent human beings also.
Not a bad standard to set and hopefully achieve.
Best regards.

Fair dos, so you site a poor performance in a team of folk who had obviously already been told by the new manager that most of them could sling their collective hooks, in a game that was lost inside 5 minutes after we conceded almost from the kick off, if i recall.
I sat with my brother for that match, and was astounded at what was on offer, even compared to an already dismal half season's work.
You can dress it up any way you like, the new manager obviously wanted wholesale departures to facilitate bringing in the players we have now.
Other than Nelson and Wright, both of whom have contributed nothing recently for varying reasons, his replacements, if they've actually managed to kick a ball have combined to put us in a worse position.
I don't know what the dynamic was between Kamara and McIntyre, but McIntyre if i recall pretty much said or actually said he wanted him out the door.
Fair enough. To replace him with better? Woods, Hadienus, Dales, the list goes on and on.
Talk about work ethic, watch the captain and midfield replacement stand and watch while it all crumbles around him game after game.
The replacements will with a few exceptions scuttle of back to their parent clubs and try to pretend it never happened at the end of the season.
You can purport to have high ideals all you like, you don't fulfil those with a load of loanees who ultimately don't give a hoot.

8 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:
23 hours ago, tree house tam said:
Ooofftt, 20 odd grand for Kamara emoji38.png
Now that really is a fucking minter.
Sack the fucking board!

If that is true that's less than Saints received from Ross Cty for Ross Stewart, that is astonishing if correct

And also less than St  Johnstone recieved for Richie Brittain, who never even played for us.

Whatever anyone says about Kamaras final appearances he was a decent player and if managed properly would've done a job right up until he was due to leave. As some have said already even a half arsed Kamara > Martin fucking Woods.

10 hours ago, Yenitit said:

Why would Dundee be due any money to Arsenal when Kamara was a free agent. That’s as much bull as the Ferry Dark Blues only taking mini buses to games. 

The club who "developed" a player are always due percentages of his futures fees dependent on how long he was there. For instance I'm sure Queens Park got a percentage when Robertson moved from Hull to Liverpool. 

FWIW it also states that Kamara got a payment aswell, theres, hilariously, "loyalty bonuses" in players contracts that state you give them a percentage of the fee if they stay until the final section of their contract.

17 hours ago, dd23 said:

Don't think I agree with that to be honest. Fair enough 20k is better than 0 but staying up is a lot better than going down. Replacing Kamara with Woods must rank up there with the worst swaps in history.
As Patullo points out Woods wasn't even playing since being released by Thistle.
Jones remained at Killie and his manager was quite sure he could get a lot out of him in the interim. If as the article says Kamara would have seen out his deal then a well managed Kamara vs Woods managed by his old mate is a pretty stark contrast in the quality available to the side.

If he (Kamara)  was going to contribute to the cause - yes.  But, hadn't he pretty much downed tools?  So we pocketed 20K and saved his wages for a few months.  I'm ok with that decision. 

If he (Kamara)  was going to contribute to the cause - yes.  But, hadn't he pretty much downed tools?  So we pocketed 20K and saved his wages for a few months.  I'm ok with that decision. 
We'll never know. For me it comes more down to what McIntyre seemed to want, you're quite right that there was no point keeping him if he was just going to sulk on the bench, but if we could have got out of him what Killie have managed to get out of a player in exactly the same situation it would certainly have helped us considerably.
It all had that new broom feel about it, but it hasn't swept us anywhere better.

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

The club who "developed" a player are always due percentages of his futures fees dependent on how long he was there. For instance I'm sure Queens Park got a percentage when Robertson moved from Hull to Liverpool. 

FWIW it also states that Kamara got a payment aswell, theres, hilariously, "loyalty bonuses" in players contracts that state you give them a percentage of the fee if they stay until the final section of their contract.

Not when they’ve been freed tho. 

57 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Not when they’ve been freed tho. 

I honestly dont know how it works in regards to that, tbh.

14 minutes ago, dd23 said:

Can we sack him now please?

Apparently not.  A bloke down the pub told me there is a relegation clause in McIntyre’s contract.  

If we wait until relegation is mathematically confirmed McIntyre’s one year rolling contract is void.  I’m in two minds as to whether there is such a clause in his contract.

McIntyre wouldn’t have asked for this clause and Nelms doesn’t appear the sort to overly worry about getting the best deal for Dundee when it comes to managers.

On ether other hand, given Nelms business acumen so far at Dens, the fact relegation will cost us far more than paying McIntyre off early and bringing in a manager that knows what he is doing suggests there is one.

Edited by Shadow Play

Apparently not.  A bloke down the pub told me there is a relegation clause in McIntyre’s contract.  
If we wait until relegation is mathematically confirmed McIntyre’s one year rolling contract is void.  I’m in two minds as to whether there is such a clause in his contract.
McIntyre wouldn’t have asked for this clause and Nelms doesn’t appear the sort to overly worry about getting the best deal for Dundee when it comes to managers.
On ether other hand, given Nelms business acumen so far at Dens, the fact relegation will cost us far more than paying McIntyre off early and bringing in a manager that knows what he is doing suggests there is one.

If that is true then as fans we could probably sue the board for acting against the best interests of the club[emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]