All things Dundee FC

4 minutes ago, ancientnoise said:

No no. The defenders  should be. Apologies.

I was being wide, apologies. 

Tbf I have seen our defenders all getting pissed off with one another, but as we've approached these final games they've had the same sort of hands in their faces and lie on the floor that all the fans feel like eliciting too. They know we're fucked just as much as we do. 

30 minutes ago, ancientnoise said:

Well yes. I was hoping Jim would do well in the job but it hasn't happened. You could blame the players, but some blame has to go to the way the defence is drilled and set up. They're all over the place. 

All the Dundee fans on here have been pointing it out for months. No shape, co-ordination, and noticeably when the inevitable happens a kind of resignation. They should be arguing and raging with each other, not this meek acceptance.

Totally agree 

7 minutes ago, kevthedee said:
43 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:
Is it DOONdee time yit ? :thumbsdown

You can crack open the champagne next week and share it with the utd boys.

The Ayr lads will have little to celebrate this season either ;)

Fans on here tend to get a tad over excited, I remember reading early in the season here that we had a pretty good looking and strong squad and thinking to myself how the f**k can you say that when most of the signings were unheard of and not proven at a decent level!

Fast forward to now and us doom and gloom posters have been proved to be correct in not being over excited! I have never sensed so much apathy amongst our fans ever and I've watched some real shit Dundee teams over the years, that to me must be a worry for the future, how many more will just drift away from the club? The players will sense the apathy too, McIntyre has been a disaster, nine defeats on the trot and he's taking some deserved flak for it but let's not forget the players, they're breaking the records here too and as much as us fans see they're nowhere near good enough and have known this for a while, I think most of the players know they're not good enough either, hence the lack of fight and all round feeling of inevitably.  

2 hours ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

Remember when people were positive about JM emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Remember when people said Curran was a good signing because he ran about and tried emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Remember when people gave Martin Woods credit emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Three utter potato’s.

McIntrye can f**k off into the Tay. We’ll be in a relegation battle next season if he’s allowed to stay.

Curran was way out of his depth in the Championship.....

He only got an y game time for us through injury, suspension or sheer fucking desperation.

Why the f**k Sir Jim thought he could cut it in the Premiership is fucking beyond me!!

Fans on here tend to get a tad over excited, I remember reading early in the season here that we had a pretty good looking and strong squad and thinking to myself how the f**k can you say that when most of the signings were unheard of and not proven at a decent level!
Fast forward to now and us doom and gloom posters have been proved to be correct in not being over excited! I have never sensed so much apathy amongst our fans ever and I've watched some real shit Dundee teams over the years, that to me must be a worry for the future, how many more will just drift away from the club? The players will sense the apathy too, McIntyre has been a disaster, nine defeats on the trot and he's taking some deserved flak for it but let's not forget the players, they're breaking the records here too and as much as us fans see they're nowhere near good enough and have known this for a while, I think most of the players know they're not good enough either, hence the lack of fight and all round feeling of inevitably.  

Agree with this but you know that next season we’ll get decent crowds to start with. If we do well then the fans will come back. A sold out Dens for Dumbarton a few seasons ago tells the tale. If we do poorly then, yes, we’ll be sitting in Dens midweek with 2000 there. We’ve been there before but we’ll recover.

Who the heck is going to be the manager that finally gets us playing decent football and hard to beat. Nelms has some task ahead.

2 minutes ago, Daydream said:

Agree with this but you know that next season we’ll get decent crowds to start with. If we do well then the fans will come back. A sold out Dens for Dumbarton a few seasons ago tells the tale. If we do poorly then, yes, we’ll be sitting in Dens midweek with 2000 there. We’ve been there before but we’ll recover.

Who the heck is going to be the manager that finally gets us playing decent football and hard to beat. Nelms has some task ahead.

Nelms is the problem here though, after two awful appointments what’s to stop him making a third? Real catch 22,  club needs the Americans financial backing, which can’t be faulted but are they slowly killing us with kindness

Genuine question. Have to do something to let the  board know it’s simply not acceptable to keep McIntyre in his job. Obviously don’t want to hurt the club but do I go for option A which is buy a season ticket for next season and don’t go to games until he’s gone or option B don’t buy a season ticket until he’s gone?
 Doubt my £370 season ticket will make any dent in our budget but I have to show the club I’m far from happy with the manager. 
Protest at the next home match would be my choice.

13 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
3 hours ago, Yenitit said:
Genuine question. Have to do something to let the  board know it’s simply not acceptable to keep McIntyre in his job. Obviously don’t want to hurt the club but do I go for option A which is buy a season ticket for next season and don’t go to games until he’s gone or option B don’t buy a season ticket until he’s gone?
 Doubt my £370 season ticket will make any dent in our budget but I have to show the club I’m far from happy with the manager. 

Protest at the next home match would be my choice.

Good evening.

This would be something unprecedented at Dens Park, certainly to my experience or memory. 

However, if required to vent our displeasure at Mr McIntyre's position would it be so outrageous  to collectively turn our backs to the action between the 9th and 10th minute (for obvious reasons), then give our vocal support immediately afterwards to restore some pride, even if just for ourselves!!

Again, with hindsight, I'm not sure how many of us will actually attend on Saturday given our current offerings, that may serve as a protest itself.  

Best regards.

I was being wide, apologies. 
Tbf I have seen our defenders all getting pissed off with one another, but as we've approached these final games they've had the same sort of hands in their faces and lie on the floor that all the fans feel like eliciting too. They know we're fucked just as much as we do. 
I don't know if it's been mentioned in the match thread but at least your forwards were arguing today. I found it rather bewildering that Kenny Miller could berate his team-mate when he cut the ball back behind him when Miller should really have shot as he only had the keeper to beat.

I don't know if it's been mentioned in the match thread but at least your forwards were arguing today. I found it rather bewildering that Kenny Miller could berate his team-mate when he cut the ball back behind him when Miller should really have shot as he only had the keeper to beat.
For reference see previous matches Dundee v Kilmarnock and St Johnstone v Dundee. Miller has it seemed adopted a general no shooting policy.

It's fucking shite seeing your team go down with a whimper, saw it with Saints last time we went down and it's such a shite way to treat your fans. I remember in a must win game we got turned over 5-0 by Motherwell, on live tv, and it was just gutting. Ended up two seasons battling relegation and another three managers before we came back up. I feel for the Dundee fans,  I know what it's like. There is still every chance we will go down too, but at least we look like we are going to go down fighting. Dundee are still a big club with good fans though, they won't be away from the top league long.

4 minutes ago, GAD said:

It's fucking shite seeing your team go down with a whimper, saw it with Saints last time we went down and it's such a shite way to treat your fans. I remember in a must win game we got turned over 5-0 by Motherwell, on live tv, and it was just gutting. Ended up two seasons battling relegation and another three managers before we came back up. I feel for the Dundee fans,  I know what it's like. There is still every chance we will go down too, but at least we look like we are going to go down fighting. Dundee are still a big club with good fans though, they won't be away from the top league long.

Difference between the clubs can probably be summed up by subs made after 75 minutes.

0-0 and St Mirren take a midfielder off for a striker and go far more attacking.

Dundee were drawing against ten men at the same stage and replaced a defender with a defender.