All things Dundee FC

McPake will be heavily criticised and I’m sure he accepts that.  
These sort or results happen for time to time but after the heavy derby defeat you would have thought the players and McPake would be out to prove a point.  

The only game we've looked convincing in was against Aberdeen.

I'll back our manager to the hilt - but I am wondering if we've made an appointment that was one manager too early.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

They won't stop. He's not Pep Guardiola, he's managing for the very first time in the Scottish second tier. If the managers at this level (And indeed even in the top flight of Scottish football) didn't make mistakes, then they wouldn't be managing in Scotland.

That makes it ok then? I doubt mcpake will see the next derby. 

1 minute ago, Juantwothree said:

That makes it ok then? I doubt mcpake will see the next derby. 

You're being unreasonable to expect him not to make mistakes. And yes, it is ok as long as we end the season in the promotion play-off spots and build from there.

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

You're being unreasonable to expect him not to make mistakes. And yes, it is ok as long as we end the season in the promotion play-off spots and build from there.

My fully expecting him to make mistakes but to get fucked 6-2 then lose at home to Elgin is unacceptable, not just because its Dundee but its unacceptable to any club

The only game we've looked convincing in was against Aberdeen.

I'll back our manager to the hilt - but I am wondering if we've made an appointment that was one manager too early.
Maybe , maybe not but I felt ( I think like most of our fans) was that he was the correct appointment but surely to f**k we all fine well knew since this was his first gig as manager their would be plenty f**k ups.
Give him a chance. When it goes bad of course fans are not gonna go ( already been mentioned) to the games but if we all just believe in what the club are trying to do then just maybe we may get somewhere.
Just gotta enjoy the ride

Don’t get me wrong that was a piss poor performance but that was a crazy 3 or 4 minutes that resulted in the 2 goals conceded. The keeper should’ve launched the pass back at the 1st instead of dinking it to Meekings and leaving him under pressure. The 2nd goal was the boy on loan from Hibs fault with a soft pass back. Mackie’s performance in possession of the ball was as bad as you’ll see and he won’t replace Marshall. Can’t be a red card and a goal in that situation, it’s either 1 or the other and I don’t think it was even a booking tbh. 

Shocking performance. We were far, far too slow in getting the ball forward, too many touches in possession instead of moving it on after 2 or 3. Can it get any worse?

7 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Don’t get me wrong that was a piss poor performance but that was a crazy 3 or 4 minutes that resulted in the 2 goals conceded. The keeper should’ve launched the pass back at the 1st instead of dinking it to Meekings and leaving him under pressure. The 2nd goal was the boy on loan from Hibs fault with a soft pass back. Mackie’s performance in possession of the ball was as bad as you’ll see and he won’t replace Marshall. Can’t be a red card and a goal in that situation, it’s either 1 or the other and I don’t think it was even a booking tbh. 

Shocking performance. We were far, far too slow in getting the ball forward, too many touches in possession instead of moving it on after 2 or 3. Can it get any worse?

It can and it will

Shite performance all round. Agree re Mackie. Give him a tenner and tell him to get the megabus back to Edinburgh. I thought it was red card all day. It was Mackie’s mistake compounded by the midget. People around me were using the sacking word. I was never behind the McPake appointment but talking about sacking a rookie a couple of months into his career is crazy stuff. I think we’ve got a half decent squad, however too many deep lying midfielders and McDaid is an imposter of a footballer.

38 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Regarding the red card. You can go back and send the player off.
The fourth official ( my mates brother inlaw) , his dad use to be a local referee.

I don’t think I’ve saw what happened today in a game before. Surely it’s 1 or the other. I think if an outfield player puts  his hand on the ball on a goal line trying to prevent a goal but it still goes in I think the goal stands and the player stays on the park for example. 

Edited by Yenitit

I don’t think I’ve saw what happened today in a game before. Surely it’s 1 or the other. I think if an outfield player put his hand of the ball on a goal line trying to prevent a goal but it still goes in I think the goal stands and the player stays on the park for example. 
I argue with him all the time ( the fourth official of today ) about rules and for me it's all bullshit

3 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:
26 minutes ago, Yenitit said:
I don’t think I’ve saw what happened today in a game before. Surely it’s 1 or the other. I think if an outfield player put his hand of the ball on a goal line trying to prevent a goal but it still goes in I think the goal stands and the player stays on the park for example. 

I argue with him all the time ( the fourth official of today ) about rules and for me it's all bullshit

I could understand if someone had punched or kicked out at someone off the ball that there would be a red card but not for a challenge that broke to someone and they put the ball in the net. 

I am all for giving McPake the season and certainly won't be hounding him out. However, it doesn't take a genius to work out that we are desperately screaming out for a playmaker, we have all been saying it for months on here, surely he can see this too.

I just hope he doesn't get as stubborn as McCann, the reason I am comparing him to McCann and not Hartley or MacIntyre, is that they both love the club. I just hope it ends better for McPake. All this goes out the window very quickly with the boo boys at Dens.

He has to turn this around sharpish.