All things Dundee FC

16 minutes ago, rhumbaclub said:

Boy probably does it for free or an absolute pittance, without people like that we wouldn't have a club!

Correct. I really don’t see the problem with the guy and I think he’s doing away more than fine. The club should be organising interviews with members of the club’s staff etc to get played at halftime etc and not the usual bland pish sprung upon us each week building up to the game. I’m sure there’s a few characters around the club who’d be interesting to hear plus Nelms could be answering questions about the insurance policy, academy, thoughts on the 1st team. I’d really like to hear an interview with Tim Keyes about his thoughts on the club. Never hear a cheep out of him which is no bad thing but I think that would be a great wee interview to spring on the fans at halftime who have paid for access to see the game and before the media hear it. 

Edited by Yenitit

5 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

"One swallow does not a summer make", so no new contract for Jack on the back of today's performance. Albeit did his job well today when required. 

Painful, laboured viewing mostly tbh against poor opposition, especially in the second half.

New manager still desperately required,  nowt has changed. We'll just have to be more patient by the looks of it.

Regards and cheers. 

Spot on. 

Jack had his best game for us today and still wasn’t the best Hamilton on the park 😂 

He’s had far too many chances as it is. Into the sea with him in the summer. 

Edited by Yenitit

Saying he's better than Dodds isn't a compliment. :lol:

Commentator is passable, which is exactly what he should be for a boy doing it for free. Calling a volunteer of the club 'a gimp' is fucking wild tbh.

Who is the Scottish Michael Owen? Commentary with classic’s such as  “That’s a fantastic penalty, but he’ll be gutted it went wide” ,  “What a feeling it is to be a manager and bring someone on”, Footballers these days often have to use their feet or my favourite  “That would’ve been a goal had it gone inside the post.

Paul McGowan has been a top player for us. See all those that say he's past it, maybe he is, but he's played his heart out for us, loves the club and doesn't deserve any abuse. 

Furthermore, I fucking love his shite hair. How many players have the balls to have that sort of character now-a-days? Keep it up Gowser. Yassss.

1 hour ago, Boo Khaki said:

Yup, for all the criticism Gowser gets, throughout his entire spell at Dens we've always been a poorer side when he's not been in the team.

Is that a fact? Quite a bold statement to make.

I just find that right now he is the best of the shite that we have right now, which in my opinion is worrying. 

For me, I can understand why people get so frustrated with him as he spends most of his time going round in circles and has roughly the same shot power as a 6 year old.

But he’s also capable every now and then of producing great goals and gives the impression that he actually cares about the result, both of which make him infinitely better than 90% of the players we’ve had in the last decade or so. In terms of his contribution to winning matches while in the team, I would probably only have Stewart, Hemmings, Harkins and maybe Douglas ahead of him. Honourable mentions too for Riley, Peaso, Thomson and maybe Griffiths.

Given that the next best off the top of my head would probably be the likes of Lockwood, Irvine,

Rae, Forsyth and a few I’m sure I’m forgetting, followed by about 100 players of varying degrees of meh to awful, Gowser surely has to be in the top 10%.

He’s also done it over a much greater period of time than any of the rest but I’m not sure if that works in his favour or means his good moments are less regular!

Yup, for all the criticism Gowser gets, throughout his entire spell at Dens we've always been a poorer side when he's not been in the team.

I just find that right now he is the best of the shite that we have right now, which in my opinion is worrying. 

These are both true in my opinion.

It’s alarming and depressing in equal measure how dreadful we are. No pace, no drive, no skill - hoping a 35 year old who can barely run delivers a piece of magic.

Gowser delivered the winner yesterday so fair dues but he does slow the game down with his ballerina act, the forwards have either had to check their runs or are offside/marked.

This is the least I have ever enjoyed watching us. We may have had worse teams but I must have erased them from my memory. We need to get Finlay Robertson more minutes - let’s see what the lads actually got - and I’m afraid that will mean dropping Gowser because Byrne and Adam have to play and Robertson deserves to play. Get that useless b*****d McDaid on the bench, as he was yesterday, permanently. He’s a one trick donkey. Etc etc.

1 minute ago, Fifespud said:

These are both true in my opinion.

It’s alarming and depressing in equal measure how dreadful we are. No pace, no drive, no skill - hoping a 35 year old who can barely run delivers a piece of magic.

Gowser delivered the winner yesterday so fair dues but he does slow the game down with his ballerina act, the forwards have either had to check their runs or are offside/marked.

This is the least I have ever enjoyed watching us. We may have had worse teams but I must have erased them from my memory. We need to get Finlay Robertson more minutes - let’s see what the lads actually got - and I’m afraid that will mean dropping Gowser because Byrne and Adam have to play and Robertson deserves to play. Get that useless b*****d McDaid on the bench, as he was yesterday, permanently. He’s an excuse for a winger. Etc etc.

I thought Byrne was the liability yesterday, he gave the ball away easily with a combo of no control and shite passing.

I can't watch a game muted. 

I can watch a game with just the players noise. 

I cannot watch a game with that commentator, hence why I never tuned in yesterday. 

Gowser has more credit in the bank with me personally than anybody else that's come through the doors for a long time. He's fucked up, he's been shite for spells but he's never backed down or been afraid of telling people how it is and rolling his sleeves up and getting hurt. I've watched him verbally abuse a corner flag. Long live Paul McGowan. 

I thought Byrne was the liability yesterday, he gave the ball away easily with a combo of no control and shite passing.

He wasn’t as good yesterday as he’s been, but it was a shite performance all round. Undroppable in my opinion - he gives the defence so much protection, prepared to foul when required - he’s our only option in this role and we need that. Maybe young Fin can do that but as I said we need to see him on the park.

3 hours ago, Robin.Hood said:

It’s an opinion, but I agree. I feel we’ve always been poorer when he’s not in the team. We seem to get steamrolled in midfield if he’s not in there.

2 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

I can't watch a game muted. 

I can watch a game with just the players noise. 

I cannot watch a game with that commentator, hence why I never tuned in yesterday. 

Gowser has more credit in the bank with me personally than anybody else that's come through the doors for a long time. He's fucked up, he's been shite for spells but he's never backed down or been afraid of telling people how it is and rolling his sleeves up and getting hurt. I've watched him verbally abuse a corner flag. Long live Paul McGowan. 

Yeah, it’s sad because I’d like to give the club my money but can’t deal with the shitey commentary. I’ve actually been muting the game and listening to open all mics on the radio. It really is that bad.

I'll never understand the disregarding of Gowser, absolute lifeblood of this team and has been for years. No matter how shit the team is, if something good happens for us on the pitch, Gowser's always involved. Save the 'he's shite' patter for those who deserve it.