All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Adam Legzdins.

What we thinking? Would you have him as number 1 for next season or take a chance, punt and see what's available?

For me, we absolutely need to have two senior 'keepers on the books. That shouldn't be a Ferrie or Sharp deputising, they are of a stage in development where they need to be playing football and have two or three consistent seasons behind them as regulars at part-time level). It's not helping these guys at all.

When you look at Arbroath going into this season and the last with two very credible 'keepers who have years at this level (although below in Gallagher's) case, I think you can even argue they've had two better options than us going into each season.

Legzdins has looked decent enough, not perfect but he's not going to throw one in very often and even if he's prone to the odd punch he should hold, he handles himself very comfortably in the air. If he's asking for reasonable terms, is fit (which could maybe be a worry with how long he spent out here) and continues that for the rest of the season, I think he should stay. If he opts to go, someone like a Parish or Fox could fill the experienced void.

The other option can then be a bit younger and more of a gamble. Think the standard of 'keeper in Scotland is pretty weak right now so would be inclined to look further afield. I think Siegrist was second choice in the Swiss second tier the season before United. Obviously had a good pedigree and money paid for him but there are a lot of these guys from the English academies who don't really take off until the second half of their 20s.

32 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Different club, fresh start, new challenge for Hamilton. I think it's best for all concerned.

Thank you.

To be brutally honest, who would want him? Doubt anyone in the Premiership or top of the Championship would, not sure if he'd be willing to go part-time? Maybe somewhere like Partick or Falkirk, but duobt it...

39 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

To be brutally honest, who would want him? Doubt anyone in the Premiership or top of the Championship would, not sure if he'd be willing to go part-time? Maybe somewhere like Partick or Falkirk, but duobt it...

That won’t be our problem though as he’s out of contract. 

47 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

I don't know, maybe somewhere like China, or Afghanistan.

Guest Wieghortsnut

I'd have Gourlay back from Hamilton as back up. Seen him the other day outside soccer world so he must still stay in the area

Life sure comes at you fast. It's 4 years today when we got beat 0-2 at Dens to Hamilton for our 7th straight league loss, sitting 2 pts from safety in 11th going into the split. Moaned about it on Facebook, said 'Hartley out!', and then had a bit of banter with a United-supporting mate when I went and wrote this off-hand. Pretty amusing tbh.

image.png.1e275d7ca40fe4c0dc1037a34b77ebeb.png

In terms of keepers to challenge Legzdins, I really like Morton's keeper Aidan McAdams. Boy is 9 month younger than Ferrie but played an integral role in making sure Morton aren't cannon fodder this season. On the smaller side, but looks to have spades of ability.

This week has been shocking...
Mum taken to hospital Sunday. Been on tenderhooks since. 
Today - sacked (no warnings) for applying for other jobs. I am getting drunk.  

That’s just shite.

It’s not much consolation but in my experience good times don’t last forever - but neither do bad times*. Something good will happen.

*except if you’re a lifelong Dundee fan.

On 14/04/2021 at 22:29, Girth said:

Fucking hell man that's ridiculous. Which shower of absolute c***s did you work for? Feel free to name and shame the fuckers. 

Things will get better m8 (other than our chances in the play offs)

ATB

On 14/04/2021 at 22:29, Girth said:

Sorry to hear bud  😞

Quick question. Don't know where your based. ( have it in my head may not be Scotland but could be wrong) but do you drive ? If yes my work is looking for drivers. Now pending on where you are I can check on which store near you are needing workers? Give is a shout 

Looks like it could be as a result of the fallout with the club regarding what the Tele published.

All the best Jordon.

He’s also made a point to wish the players, not the club, the very best.

Edited by RossDee01