All things Dundee FC

2 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Hard to forget when you signed a manager we rejected after a couple of months, played him up front all season and promptly went down :D Some levels above that is of course

You're blethering shite now kiddo, off you pop.

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

See you after pal :D 

See the source image

Did you seriously put up a picture of us getting relegated about 800 years ago?  That's why you'll never be above the level of my magnificent football club.

Talk about small time, jeezo.

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/why-james-mcpake-rates-current-dundee-squad-as-stronger-than-top-six-side-he-played-in/

See, it's articles like this that concern me going into next season. I feel like the first half of the season will be rough, and another strong January window will be required to pull us to safety. Want it to believe we'll do well from the start, but there's no way our team now is better than in 2014/15, and they played in a much weaker Prem than we will next season. Hoping some decent moves are in the pipeline.

It will just be a wage rise in line with our league status - or I'd hope it will be - so not too bothered. As Johnny says, he deserves a crack at it. 

As for his comments about this squad being better than the one we had 7 years ago - both bullshit and worrying. I understand he will be trying to talk up the players and gee them up but it's absolute nonsense. For a start, I'd have him ahead of any of our back four right now. 

Doing nothing to allay my previously posted fears regarding if we were promoted. 

Edited by Mr. Alli

Not much in the story for me that McPake and McKay have signed new deals. They were on rolling contracts anyway. As for the comments about being better than the side he was in it’s only sound bites for me. Of course he was going to say that, he’s not going to knock the boys at the club if he did it would be akin to committing football suicide. I also don’t think for a minute he believes they are better however. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

It will just be a wage rise in line with our league status - or I'd hope it will be - so not too bothered. As Johnny says, he deserves a crack at it. 

As for his comments about this squad being better than the one we had 7 years ago - both bullshit and worrying. I understand he will be trying to talk up the players and gee them up but it's absolute nonsense. For a start, I'd have him ahead of any of our back four right now. 

Doing nothing to allay my previously posted fears regarding if we were promoted. 

He said in the PLZ interview that he feels the squad is a couple of players away from getting the club where they want to be, and that he's looking to bring a couple of 'big game players' in.

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

McPake currently being interviewed on the PLZ channel, and later will be on Open Goal.

When McPake is saying how good it was to have the 500 fans back in and what the sound would've been like if Charlie Adam scored in front of a full Dens then it cuts to this photo 🤔

Screenshot_20210607-200726_Chrome.jpg

We might have a stinker, anything can happen in football. Hope it's one of the other big guns though.

We'll absolutely cigar our way to 6th next season.  Could maybe even sneak fifth if one of the big guns have a stinker.