All things Dundee FC

46 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Why would the council help?

I've seen mention on here that its the plumbing on Dens Road that causes the problem and the council refuse to do anything about it, so Dundee are relatively helpless about it all.

Is there any reason why Dundee couldn't go cap-in-hand, on their knees, to their friendly neighbours and ask, politely, to be allowed to play on their perfect playing  surface? They'd have the benefit of a much better pitch and stadium, just across the road, without putting their poor, put-upon fans to additional expense and inconvenience.  Would seem an easy solution to a woefully self-inflicted, wrong-headed, cack-handed, problem all of their own making?

Am I missing something here?

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've seen mention on here that its the plumbing on Dens Road that causes the problem and the council refuse to do anything about it, so Dundee are relatively helpless about it all.

This is the first I've ever read of it so thank you for that. I highly doubt it is the case though.

2 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Cooncil groundsmen oot to spike Dens Road? 🤷‍♂️

Hud on, if anybody getting spiked near the Clep then I'm on first dibs.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I can genuinely believe this is the issue, because it's something that's common in Edinburgh around the New Town area. Properties below street level, where the drainage and sewerage in the street is actually above the level of the property, so no matter how dry you try to keep your place and what you do, you have water pishing through the ceiling constantly. It's a Cooncil problem, but they'll just shrug because your property doesnae belong to them.

OK, clearly a slightly different issue, but it stands to reason that if the drainage in Dens Road is constantly overwhelmed, then all that water is just going to pool and sit there.

Edited by Boo Khaki

Went down today to renew season ticket (it's always been a mare getting disabled and carer online). Unable to do so, system down (no, not water in the electrics 😊). Went back later, system up and running, but still unable to do so, as something went wrong. "It's a new system and we're still trying to get used to it".

It'll take half an hour for your application to "unfreeze" and as it's 16:45, no time today.

Fingers crossed it'll get better.

Just watching the Chelsea game and they were saying about how Cole Palmer has been a Man United fan. Saw him giving it big licks after his goal. Got me thinking, if hypothetically you had to play against  the Dee how do you think you would react? 

Thank you. 

47 minutes ago, MarbellaDEE said:

Just watching the Chelsea game and they were saying about how Cole Palmer has been a Man United fan. Saw him giving it big licks after his goal. Got me thinking, if hypothetically you had to play against  the Dee how do you think you would react? 

Thank you. 

Go down 'injured' after 3 mins.

Thank you.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

55 minutes ago, MarbellaDEE said:

Thank you. 

First half hattrick then Cantona some c**t in the front row of the Derry

3 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

I can genuinely believe this is the issue, because it's something that's common in Edinburgh around the New Town area. Properties below street level, where the drainage and sewerage in the street is actually above the level of the property, so no matter how dry you try to keep your place and what you do, you have water pishing through the ceiling constantly. It's a Cooncil problem, but they'll just shrug because your property doesnae belong to them.

OK, clearly a slightly different issue, but it stands to reason that if the drainage in Dens Road is constantly overwhelmed, then all that water is just going to pool and sit there.

It’s defo part of the problem. Anyway barring something totally unexpected the match is going ahead, nothing to see here, jog on. 
Massive game, a victory for us, which I expect and Hibs need 100% out of their remaining 2 games or we’re top 6 regardless of the Aberdeen and Rangers results. Great effort by the team as the Sainties battle to stave off relegation (playing absolute dog shite) and the DABS struggle to get out of 1 of the worst championships in living memory (playing absolute dog shite). 

5 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

The dens burn runs under the road there too (before heading down to the mill on prince's st) so that will probably play a part in Dens Road flooding. No idea about whether that effects the drainage from the ground or not though or if they are separate issues

7 hours ago, MarbellaDEE said:

Thank you. 

Self sacrifice in the centre circle. Leave my millions to the Dee-Lites.

14 hours ago, MarbellaDEE said:

Thank you. 

I couldn't, and would literally refuse to take the pitch if selected. I'm not bothered enough about being a professional to just ignore it and do the job. I'd also retire and take another job before I'd accept a contract over the road.

I get why a lot of young laddies end up playing for their team's rivals, but I couldn't, playing football for a living has never particularly interested me.

16 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

So Dens has plumbing issues but a stadium 200 yards away is completely unaffected by this problem?