All things Dundee FC

Hester appears to be a much more natural goalscorer than Skelly, but not nearly as technically talented.

tbf to skelly if like you say he had a poor couple of months at Arbroath, the whole team didn't perform as well as it could have Edited by D TOTAL

tbf to skelly if like you say he had a poor couple of months at Arbroath the whole team didn't perform as well as it could have

Yeah, as I said playing alongside 2 good strikers would reduce the pressure on him. Playing in a better team overall would obviously help him too.

the whole team didn't perform as well as it could have

Understatement of the century.

But true, we were absolutely rancid last season. Maybe he would've fared better in a better team.

Eta: like Murray at United actually, still bagged 7 in 9 starts though.

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Understatement of the century.

But true, we were absolutely rancid last season. Maybe he would've fared better in a better team.

Eta: like Murray actually, still bagged 7 in 9 starts though.

was your team not dependant on Murray

i had a noise at the Arbroath forum and a lot of people were shouting about Kane Hester ...any good or just overhyped?

Kane is a very good finisher, I'm not sure if he will ever make a full time career from football, but certainly has the ability to become established at a part time level in Scotland

I think by the fact we conceded 57 goals this season defence should be our priority with mcginn pretty much gone it's gonna be Kerr at rb until someone else(Gordon) comes in.

I'm not convinced Mcpake will be the same player he has been so he will be a bit part player which leaves meggatt, julen and kosta not exactly premiership defence.

On the left we've got holt. Meggat and Kerr supposedly able to switch between.

I'm told either Williams or Vincent is somewhat competent at LB but not best position for either of them.

Anyone heard anything ?

Always reflected after the two administrations, and then the 25 point deduction that could have finished is off, that I would be happy just to have a club to continue to support. I have no doubt that we have underperformed this season but we have a team that seeks to play "good" football, a stable board and will be the only team in Dundee in top league next year.

I couldn't be happier reflecting on where we have come from.