All things Dundee FC

4 hours ago, srw said:

I even highlighted key words. Theres no guarantee things will improve under a new manager, but Id take the chance.

Hartley has been poor throughout 2016, not only this season. How long should he be given?

You need to be reminded which league you've spent most of the last 10 years in. Hartley got you out of that when others have failed. The best Dundee team since the Marrs left and you didn't need to go into the red to achieve it. You also scored 48 points to finish 8th last season compared to 45 points for finishing 6th the season before, harder league last season maybe. Probably even harder this season.

All it takes is for a team to win two games in a row to top the pack. Had Dundee beaten Hearts 1-0 yesterday you'd be sitting 7th in the table and you wouldn't be on here wetting your knickers in public.

To be fair to dundee fans, they have had some shite managers lately so obviously going to support hartley.

I said it at the start of the season. Once Hemmings and stewart were sold they would struggle. Bain will be the next one to leave and then you will be left with very average spl players, just like yer rivals across the road

To be fair to dundee fans, they have had some shite managers lately so obviously going to support hartley.

I said it at the start of the season. Once Hemmings and stewart were sold they would struggle. Bain will be the next one to leave and then you will be left with very average spl players, just like yer rivals across the road

Whilst you're currently enjoying having our dud ex player in charge. It really does cheer you up when you look at the fortunes of others.

26 minutes ago, CityDave said:

All it takes is for a team to win two games in a row to top the pack. Had Dundee beaten Hearts 1-0 yesterday you'd be sitting 7th in the table and you wouldn't be on here wetting your knickers in public.

Two wins for us, in a row? Never going to happen.

We didnt beat Hearts yesterday, nor are we arent sitting 7th in the table, we were beat again, and now sit bottom.

On this seasons form we will finish with 25 points, Utd were relegated in shame with 28 points, 8 points behind 11th place and a huge 15 points behind 10th place. Doom and gloom is absolutely necessary here.

We didnt beat Hearts yesterday, nor are we arent sitting 7th in the table, we were beat again, and now sit bottom.

On this seasons form we will finish with 25 points, Utd were relegated in shame with 28 points, 8 points behind 11th place and a huge 15 points behind 10th place. Doom and gloom is absolutely necessary here.

No it's not. As Johnnydun said, your argument is pish.

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

No it's not. As Johnnydun said, your argument is pish.

Argument is based on factual numbers, quite logical reasoning behind my argument.

Of course you lot think he will turn it round, and in Paul you trust. Cool story bro.

3 minutes ago, srw said:

I don't completely disagree with you.  Most Dundee fans will be thinking along similar lines but Hartley does have a touch of the 'sacred cow' about him. 

I'm not sure when the tipping point will come but you can be sure it will come eventually.  If we're bottom and we're losing to the teams around us Hartley will go, no doubt.  If we win, say, 4 out of the next 7 games this will all be forgotten.  

I feel sorry for Hartley.  Our strike-force were sold deep into the window and now we can't score goals.  Maybe it's a lesson learned for the owners.  Maybe they'll think twice in future (release clauses excepted).  

1 minute ago, srw said:

Argument is based on factual numbers, quite logical reasoning behind my argument.

Of course you lot think he will turn it round, and in Paul you trust. Cool story bro.

Yeah your "facts" are that we might improve with someone else, but you dont know who, but he should be better than Hartley.

Hartley has started to try to change things rather than sticking with something that clearly wasn't working. Haven't won from this but that is against two of the best teams in the league. Need to give Yordi a decent run and I think he will come good - at least he is putting some pressure on the opposition defence and his luck will surely turn.

Having watched the highlights on Alba have to say that Gomis was an absolute bomb scare, he was at the heart of virtually all their best chances. Willians and Vincent could do with being dropped too. Anyone know what's up with O'Dea? 

5 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Yeah your "facts" are that we might improve with someone else, but you dont know who, but he should be better than Hartley.

Thats a belief, possibly a hope, but certainly not a fact. I did make it very easy for you, I highlighted the key words.

No one can guarantee anything, but I believe a new manager can change our season.

Thats just an opinion by the way. If trying to belittle someone at least use the correct words.

Anyway, lets all cross our fingers, and hope for some divine inspiration, maybe God/Allah/Satan/Santa/Easter Bunny will bless Hartley, and everything will be OK.

11 minutes ago, Daydream said:

I don't completely disagree with you.  Most Dundee fans will be thinking along similar lines but Hartley does have a touch of the 'sacred cow' about him. 

I'm not sure when the tipping point will come but you can be sure it will come eventually.  If we're bottom and we're losing to the teams around us Hartley will go, no doubt.  If we win, say, 4 out of the next 7 games this will all be forgotten.  

I feel sorry for Hartley.  Our strike-force were sold deep into the window and now we can't score goals.  Maybe it's a lesson learned for the owners.  Maybe they'll think twice in future (release clauses excepted).  

Fair comments, my tipping point is unsurprisingly here. Id love him to turn it around, but we shall see.

27 minutes ago, DieDee said:Willians and Vincent could do with being dropped too. 

These are two players Hartley would appear to have wanted badly, so much so he had them both tied up on a pre-contract.  Neither appear to have fitted in and neither look like they add anything to the squad, let alone the first team. 

Shooting would be a good place to start. Not McGowan though because he's guaranteed to put it in the stands.

Only if he wasn't aiming at the stands.

Quite honestly I'd rather persevere with Hartley regardless of the outcome.

f**k knows if Hartley has a clue. It's a mess all over the park. Some of the signings, like the 2 ICT guys are definitely in the bizarre category. I don't actually think the squad is that fit. In retrospect we should have sold Stewart and Hemmings earlier in the window, it was obvious they were going to go and we could have signed some better players with the cash.

I'm just praying El Bak and Yordi go on some flakey Clarksonesque scoring run.

58 minutes ago, srw said:

Thats a belief, possibly a hope, but certainly not a fact. I did make it very easy for you, I highlighted the key words.

No one can guarantee anything, but I believe a new manager can change our season.

Thats just an opinion by the way. If trying to belittle someone at least use the correct words.

Anyway, lets all cross our fingers, and hope for some divine inspiration, maybe God/Allah/Satan/Santa/Easter Bunny will bless Hartley, and everything will be OK.

If I was trying to belittle you, I would of used the right words. But I wasn't trying to.

Look, we both want the same thing, a successful Dundee team. I just don't see how changing a manager everytime things are going a bit shite helps. Its like what LiamDFC said earlier, its a long term plan with the Americans. We need to get out this slight down turn and I think Hartley is the best man for the job. You criticise him every week when we get beat because he wouldnt change his system, he has started to do that and your still on his back. Your way forward full of ifs, buts and maybe's does not fill me with confidence. I just feel some of our support will never be happy unless we are winning the Chamions League.

Just watched highlights, best I've seen the Dee look but how bad is the guy Gomis , every time I've saw him he's looks rank rotten 

That your first time seeing him? He's arguably been our MotM in his other 2 appearances.