All things Dundee FC

This is easily the worst football I've seen Dundee play in my lifetime of supporting them.

I'm starting to think that I've just been fooling myself into thinking we've a half decent bunch of players which have been ill-utilised. This now looks to be more of a serious problem than it appeared to be at first.

Most of the players don't even look like they give a f**k.

How long have you been a supporter?
Cause I've seen much worse

To be honest, it's about this time that we usually sack our manager and replace him with a random figure from our past anyway. I think this time around, we should do something different. Let's sack Hartley and replace him with thee random figures from our past. Here are my suggestions for this triple-threat managerial tag team:

Keith Wright; currently coaching Penicuik Athletic.
Shaun McSkimming; did some coaching at Peterhead and is now a professional wrestler.
Eddie Annand; plays for Arthurlie and runs a car hire company.

Between them, they've got everything we need. Keith can be the brains, Shaun can be the enforcer, and Eddie can use his car firm to shuttle players about before and after games.

Onwards and upwards, aye.

Edited by LiamDFC

10 minutes ago, bobbycoxblue said:

How long have you been a supporter?
Cause I've seen much worse

Okay I'll admit that the "easily the worst" part was hyperbole in the heat of the moment. But I've been a supporter since cowboy was in charge and I haven't been this frustrated with Dundee since Kernaghan was manager.

I can't argue with much of that.

Duffy would be my first choice out of the names mentioned so far, unless we could tempt someone like Wright which is probably fanciful.

As I've said on Hartley, my first choice is to actually keep him, I don't think there's many better managers that would be willing to join us. He's undoubtedly a good manager that looks to have made an arse of this season. A win on Wednesday and thinks can be looking ever so slightly more positive. I won't deny that my outburst today has largely been based on our performance today, but it had all the hallmarks of a team that was done.

Duffy your first choice? Stop posting!

Okay I'll admit that the "easily the worst" part was hyperbole in the heat of the moment. But I've been a supporter since cowboy was in charge and I haven't been this frustrated with Dundee since Kernaghan was manager.

We're all frustrated. But coming out with statements like that just fuels the idiots on here.. I am still in the Hartley corner and believe he will turn this round.. I might be proven wrong but I'm willing to stick by him in the meantime.

Yes, I believe John Hughes to be an utter simpleton and he treated his last club with complete disrespect. Whoring himself out to anyone that'd listen, creating a toxic atmosphere at pretty much the majority of the club's he's been at.

Yet still a more successful premier league manager than Paul Hartley or Jim Duffy.

Bet the Caley fans despise him for those top 5 finishes and Scottish cup win.

1 minute ago, dundeefc1783 said:

Yet still a more successful premier league manager than Paul Hartley or Jim Duffy.

Bet the Caley fans despise him for those top 5 finishes and Scottish cup win.

Equally, I don't think they were too upset when he did leave which is saying something.

Just now, dundeefc1783 said:

Same can be said about majority of Dundee fans when Hartley goes.

The simple fact is John Hughes would be a far better appointment right now that Jim Duffy

In your opinion. It's not a fact.

5 minutes ago, dundeefc1783 said:

Any "simpleton" could see that John Hughes has a far superior managerial record compared to Jim Duffy.

What is it with Dundee fans constantly wanting to bring back figures from the past. It's time to move on.

I didn't say he had a worse managerial record. I said nothing like that, he's got a fairly decent record.

It's time to move on and stick by Hartley if that's the case.

On ‎16‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 20:17, DieDee said:

Hartley has started to try to change things rather than sticking with something that clearly wasn't working. Haven't won from this but that is against two of the best teams in the league. Need to give Yordi a decent run and I think he will come good - at least he is putting some pressure on the opposition defence and his luck will surely turn.

Having watched the highlights on Alba have to say that Gomis was an absolute bomb scare, he was at the heart of virtually all their best chances. Willians and Vincent could do with being dropped too. Anyone know what's up with O'Dea? 

OK - have to take that back. Dropping Ross had clearly improved the team so Hartley's solution for the injured O'Hara was to bring back Ross!!!???***

I still think we have enough to do OK but not with the current selection which is clearly barkingly mad. Have totally lost faith that Hartley can even see the most obvious of problems on the pitch as he continuously thinks the solution is to repeat the failures of before

Edited by DieDee
spelling