All things Dundee FC

Stephen reynolds is a sasij btw, i've got a better scoring record than him. And i was part of a team that humped a stevie may team 6-1. Both shite. f**k st johnstone.

Deeboy, on 19 Dec 2014 - 13:18, said:

What?

Neither were anywhere near the talent that Craig has shown. As has been proven by their career paths. Deasley and especially MacIntosh were both overhyped, everyone knew they were awful technically.

I don't think everyone did or people wouldn't have hyped them.

My point was, Wighton can easily go the same way. His development at this time is key and first team games for Brechin can only help that.

9 appearances, 2 goals and a red card to his name according to Sky Sports.

Bryan Deasley 14 appearances and 1 goal.

Graham Webster 7 appearances and 1 goal.

GGH's brother, Paul also plays for them.

Wighton is our biggest talent. He's got a big, big future ahead of him unless it all goes wrong for him at Brechin. His intelligence on the football pitch is superior to most. His vision for the ball to play is superb. And he's a top notch finisher. Bomber Brown and Peter MacDonald considered him as the most talented youth they'd ever came across. He's got a lot of hype around him. This loan spell will be an important factor in his development. If he flops at Brechin ( Which in an ideal world he won't) then that'll be a major worry. As you have a real true talent on your hands.

Where was he on the top 100 young World talents list ???

9 appearances, 2 goals and a red card to his name according to Sky Sports.

Bryan Deasley 14 appearances and 1 goal.

Graham Webster 7 appearances and 1 goal.

GGH's brother, Paul also plays for them.

Always quite liked Graham Webster at Dundee. I was always expecting him to break through and become a proper squad player but didn't seem to happen.

Gary Bartlett was another who looked decent enough in the glimpses I saw. Anyone know where he is?

Is he not in the juniors with one of the forfar sides or was?

That rung a bell so I googled his name with Forfar Albion and Forfar West End. Found that he played for Forfar West End after leaving us but left in April due to work commitments.

Gary Irons who was released at the same time also ended up at West End and left to go to Dundee North End.

What?

Neither were anywhere near the talent that Craig has shown. As has been proven by their career paths. Deasley and especially MacIntosh were both overhyped, everyone knew they were awful technically.

This is what my reaction was, I do understand what he's trying to say with the whole it can easily change however what was the last talented player out of dens we had from our own youth? In the last ten years I can only think of McDonald who went to Burnley for half a million and recall him scoring 2 against Arsenal at Turf Moor in what must be a personal highlight for him! Was sent on his way after he was subbed and went on to watch the rest of the game in a pub with family in the 5/6-1 beating from Man City!

Deeboy, on 20 Dec 2014 - 11:08, said:

You'd be entirely correct, it's an absolutely abysmal statement.

It's an entirely correct statement. What has Wighton specifically done to prove he won't just be like the last two players that were hyped as highly as him?

It's an entirely correct statement. What has Wighton specifically done to prove he won't just be like the last two players that were hyped as highly as him?

The amount of Scotland caps he's got, and the goals scored at that level?

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

The amount of Scotland caps he's got, and the goals scored at that level?

Leighton's been capped more at a higher level. I'm not for a second suggesting Wighton will not be better than Leighton and Deasley, I'm saying that some Dundee fans get carried away with the hype put on our youths.

I'm going to type Barry Smith is a shite manager as Ludo has run out of red dots for today and it still makes him a wee bit mad. :)

That'd just make you look like a walloper though tbf.

Not so grim now :) one point further clear of 11th

Was the old reverse psychology with fate - well played from me IMO :P

On that note I had typed yaaaasssss!!! In the match thread and held off hitting post as thistle got a freekick outside our area... If I'd hot post it was a goal IMO. Well played again.

On a serious note, delighted with a point but need a huge improvement in performance. Hopefully the return of our midfield can help with that.