spartans

happy gilmore

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well well well spartans drop 2 points at ek while city scrape another 3 points against gala the gap now 7 points with a game in hand if you didn't believe the league was over before yesterday surely you will now?

I will never believe it's over until it's a mathematical impossibility. My glass is always 1/2 full.

Grimbo

This is a big week for Spartans and after a disappointing result for them on Saturday Dougie Samuel will have to pick up his players for what should be a great game against a resurgent Morton team. With home advantage Spartans are more than capable of causing an upset here but will probably have to put on their best performance of the season so far.

Go out and keep the Lowland flag flying.

This is a big week for Spartans and after a disappointing result for them on Saturday Dougie Samuel will have to pick up his players for what should be a great game against a resurgent Morton team. With home advantage Spartans are more than capable of causing an upset here but will probably have to put on their best performance of the season so far.

I don't think he'll need to pick up his players. Some may think that spartans had their eye on this week and got caught by EK, but IMO EK are the best passing team in the league and have great movement so always have the potential to cause teams problems- particularly with Vitoria up top. Add in the fact that spartans have never beaten EK in a league game and it's not that bad a result (although obviously in terms of league campaign it may prove daneging)

I fear for spartans on saturday if im honest morton have hit form and if they get an early goal it could be a hammering, I hope not as I want them to keep doing the lowland proud but I cannot see it

Spartans will need to significantly improve their performance from the previous 2 weeks. If Morton approach the game with the right attitude then they should stroll the game. I imagine Spartans will park the bus and try nick a goal on the counter or set piece.

Game on Saturday was great advert for Lowland League. Played at high tempo, goalmouth action and good technique on display. Lots of hard but fair tackles and game flew by, particularly second half. Maybe biased but thought EK deserved to nick it at end, some great saves and glaring misses kept it even. IMO a good work out for game vs Morton and everyone at EK 100% behind Dougie and the boys.

Weather depends, the stand seats 502, but if the weathers fine you can stand round all the other parts of the ground. The Cade bar will be ticket only but there's a tea n pie stand open behind the goals too.

Grimbo

Take it its still ok to pay at the gate. What turnstiles should we look for to get into a better part of the ground?

Unless they put up barriers for bigger games, you can access all parts of the ground from either gate.

They had both sets of turnstiles open v Clyde and presumably will do so again this weekend.

Usual set are accessed off Pilton Drive through the car park, i.e. the big arrow in this diagram, and sit in the corner between the stand and the clubhouse.

http://www.spartansfc.com/ainslie-park-2/

AinslieMap21.gif

Other set are off Pilton Avenue, i.e. along the top of the diagram, and only used for big games.

I think they join the ground about the corner flag on the other side of the stand.

Yeah the Pilton Drive is the home entrance & the Pilton Ave is for the away fans, not that you'll get turned away from either gate, it's just that the away section of the stand is nearest the Pilton Ave entrance/exit so it makes sense,

Grimbo

The gates will be open before that. The bar has a capacity of 140 so is ticket only. There are a few bar options in the area for those without a ticket for the bar.

Those turning up at 2.55 vs Clyde missed kick off as there was a rush at that time. Prob best to get there at about 2.45 latest if you want to see kick off

The gates will be open before that. The bar has a capacity of 140 so is ticket only. There are a few bar options in the area for those without a ticket for the bar.

Those turning up at 2.55 vs Clyde missed kick off as there was a rush at that time. Prob best to get there at about 2.45 latest if you want to see kick off

Burning the midnight oil Simps?

Cheers. Will probably be closer to 2.45pm anyway.

Archived