Up all night thread

1320Lichtie

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not feeling confident, but to those who were previously hopeful of a Yes on the basis that the polls weren't reflecting the true nature of the electorate due to the high turnout and number of first-time voters, Keller's words and YouGov's exit poll are no reason to feel disheartened. It's an exit poll of people they'd already polled, so it's hardly surprising that it's came out with 54-46. If you doubted their methodology before, no reason to accept Keller's confidence now. Though personally I feel the bounce and momentum just came a bit too late.

I'm not feeling confident, but to those who were previously hopeful of a Yes on the basis that the polls weren't reflecting the true nature of the electorate due to the high turnout and number of first-time voters, Keller's words and YouGov's exit poll are no reason to feel disheartened. It's an exit poll of people they'd already polled, so it's hardly surprising that it's came out with 54-46. If you doubted their methodology before, no reason to accept Keller's confidence now. Though personally I feel the bounce and momentum just came a bit too late.

54/46 to No would how I would have predicted it before today however based on talking to people who were No all the way and changed at the last minute to Yes I reckon it will be closer.

54/46 to No would how I would have predicted it before today however based on talking to people who were No all the way and changed at the last minute to Yes I reckon it will be closer.

One of the main problems here has been people extrapolating out boards like this and what 5 mates have done nationally.

Its been a cocoon effect.

Keller on BBC Newsnight saying he is 99% certain it's a NO. Possibly 54-46.

Weird that he can be certain at this stage, in saying that i have been thinking 55-58% for NO myself if having to predict, the leader of the NO campaign did seem smugly certain they had it in the bag

Utterly depressing though, can't sleep but not got a good feeling about our chances

Archived