Next UK General Election

sergie's no1 fan

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

attachicon.gif1411214346207.jpg

Would seriously think of moving to Orkney if I could be given a guarantee of getting this shit of a man to f**k

Did you see him on the BBC election night programme?

Carmichael: I think the Yes campaign have been terrible, directing abuse at JK Rowling and intimidating the BBC

Reporter: I have never felt intimidated.

Carmichael: Aye, but they've intimidated the BBC!

Reporter: I've not seen any evidence of that.

:lol:

attachicon.gif1411214346207.jpg

Would seriously think of moving to Orkney if I could be given a guarantee of getting this shit of a man to f**k

Alistair Carmichael is decidely here to stay, tbh.

As I observed on another thread, he's one of the safest seats of any politician in Europe, possibly the Western world.

2010 General Election - Orkney & Shetland

Liberal Democrats.. 62.0%

Labour............. 10.7%

SNP................ 10.6%

Conservative....... 10.5%

UKIP................ 6.3%

What are UKIP's top target seats and does anyone actually expect them to gain seats at the election? For all the media coverage they get, the Green Party have sent more MPs to parliament than them through elections.

I think they'll get 2-5 seats probity in Essex and Kent. Farage will probably win. Certainly no chance of a Tory UKIP govt. The danger come if there is a Tory UKIP election pact of which there is no chance. At the election people revert to type, UKIP voters will return to Tory to keep labour out. UKIP may win a seat in the old working class Tory seats in the SE.

When UKIP return, at best, a similar number of MPs as Sinn Fein, will all the people on here who kept banging on about a Tory/UKIP coalition admit they were indulging in scaremongering as absurd as anything Better Together came out with?

Very optimistic.

If we re still in the EU in 5 years time these jokers wont show any self awareness and admit they were disgracefully scaremongering about that too.

Luckily the population at large didn't buy the Yes fear campaign

What are UKIP's top target seats and does anyone actually expect them to gain seats at the election? For all the media coverage they get, the Green Party have sent more MPs to parliament than them through elections.

I'd imagine Farage will get in, and presumably the guy who defected from the Tories. They'll target Eastleigh as well, where they came second in a by-election when Chris Huhne stepped down. Similar to Enigma, I think between 1 and 4 seats is a realistic prediction.

The idea that this time next year they'll be a party of government is mind-bogglingly stupid, and yet not only did people on here come out with it regularly, but people I know, who I thought were pretty switched on, also kept parroting this line. It was always about as likely as Russia attacking an independent Scotland. Anyone who understands anything about how our political system works would know that it was a ridiculous claim to make.

Joined the Green Party but think I'll vote for the SNP next year to try and rid Labour from Scotland as they will have more clout.

Same as me

Im in NE Fife, so a fairly safe Lib Dem seat, but they were ousted in the 2011 Scottish election by the SNP (boundaries are slightly different)

SNP in the GE, Greens in the Holyrood

In short - f**k labour

Very optimistic.

If we re still in the EU in 5 years time these jokers wont show any self awareness and admit they were disgracefully scaremongering about that too.

Luckily the population at large didn't buy the Yes fear campaign

And when billions upon billions of pounds worth of oil and gas revenue continue to be extracted from the North Sea over the coming decades?

See: Top Trumps is easy.

Archived