Nope

forever_blue

Python snacks on a wallaby in Wynnum, about 20 kms from Brisbane CBD. 

Photos have emerged of a python devouring a young wallaby in a suburban Brisbane street.

Posted to the Wynnum What! Facebook page, they show the python wrapped around the wallaby in a drain behind a business on Brisbane’s bayside. 

The python has its jaws locked around the wallaby’s head with Nigel Anthony, who posted the photos, revealed “it did swallow the wallaby”.

“It took an hour to swallow it. It’s cool to watch how they do it,” he said.

IMG_2191.jpeg

IMG_2192.jpeg

On 22/08/2024 at 10:21, BFTD said:

We had a dog that loved bringing slugs in from the garden as presents - "look at this cool thing I found!" Also a cat who once came running to find me, did the cough-retch thing they do when a furball is coming up, then threw up a still-living spider.

There's a part of me forever traumatised by the latter encounter, but imagine being the spider  :mellow:

A mate of mine also has a dog that went through a slug phase. Problem was, my mate was paranoid about the dog eating the slugs so every time it brought one in she'd immediately get the treats out to distract the dog. Said dog learnt that if she brought slugs back she got treats so just did it more.

My nope moment for today.

Grabbed my Falkirk scarf off the overloaded coat hooks in our hall and walked up to my parents house.

Got in their door and felt something lightly scratching my face. Glanced out the corner of my eye and could just see the legs.

Big bugger must have been scuttling around my shoulders all the way up the road.

Never been a spider taxi before, but keep reading about it being spider mating season. Was I being touched up?

9 hours ago, Rizzo said:

Grabbed my Falkirk scarf off the overloaded coat hooks in our hall and walked up to my parents house.

Got in their door and felt something lightly scratching my face. Glanced out the corner of my eye and could just see the legs.

Big bugger must have been scuttling around my shoulders all the way up the road.

Never been a spider taxi before, but keep reading about it being spider mating season. Was I being touched up?

legs like a spider? It wasn't Mary from Maryhill was it? 

10 hours ago, Rizzo said:

Towel, jacket, duvet, anything fabric that's going to be touching your skin - pick it up and flick it like you're whipping someone's arse in the shower (according to a mate). Always, always, always.

Started doing that when I wrapped myself in a towel after a bath and discovered an absolute palm-sized monster pressed against my body  :blink:

12 hours ago, BFTD said:

Started doing that when I wrapped myself in a towel after a bath and discovered an absolute palm-sized monster pressed against my body  :blink:

Nobody likes a showoff.

17 hours ago, BFTD said:

Towel, jacket, duvet, anything fabric that's going to be touching your skin - pick it up and flick it like you're whipping someone's arse in the shower (according to a mate). Always, always, always.

I've had the towel ambush before as well (luckily just when I was picking up a used one from the bathroom floor to fire in the lau dry basket).

Edited by Rizzo

10 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

I've had the towel ambush before as well (luckily just when I was picking up a used one from the bathroom floor to fire in the lau dry basket).

To my horror, I recently realised that there's no reason why they couldn't chill out on shower curtains, if the mood took them.

Thankfully it occurred to me before it was too late and I ended up swinging from the fixtures.

On 23/08/2024 at 08:30, Eednud said:

Python snacks on a wallaby in Wynnum, about 20 kms from Brisbane CBD. 

Photos have emerged of a python devouring a young wallaby in a suburban Brisbane street.

Posted to the Wynnum What! Facebook page, they show the python wrapped around the wallaby in a drain behind a business on Brisbane’s bayside. 

The python has its jaws locked around the wallaby’s head with Nigel Anthony, who posted the photos, revealed “it did swallow the wallaby”.

“It took an hour to swallow it. It’s cool to watch how they do it,” he said.

IMG_2191.jpeg

IMG_2192.jpeg

I am now locked in a cycle of saying swallaw the wallaby in Bea from Prisoner Cell Block H's voice. Thanks for that.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I don't particularly mind tarantulas (maybe because they're fuzzy) and that poor thing looks broon breid to me

It's just the skin.  The bit that crawled out of it is still roaming free.

12 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I don't particularly mind tarantulas (maybe because they're fuzzy) and that poor thing looks broon breid to me

The arachnid Norwegian blue 

34 minutes ago, hk blues said:

We get a fair amount of geckos in and out the house.  A few weeks back the wife woke up screaming - one had  fallen from the ceiling and hit her!  

When I was 8ish we used to try to catch the wee ones (chitchats they were called) by the tail because the tail came off and kept wriggling for like five minutes. Fascinating for a child. 

12 minutes ago, coprolite said:

When I was 8ish we used to try to catch the wee ones (chitchats they were called) by the tail because the tail came off and kept wriggling for like five minutes. Fascinating for a child. 

We have cats.  They enjoy nothing more than watching the geckos on the ceiling hoping one will fall - invariable one does and it's a goner.  They eat everything but the head for some reason so we often wake up to a grizzly scene on the doorstep.