The SevCo vs The Saints

Mad Capsule

I never said they will dominate , put it this way if ashley bring stabilty and investment into rangers over the next couple of seasons who bar celtic is going to finish above us ?

Probably nobody but as long as sellick always stay one step ahead, Rangers as a force are finished.

Barren trophyless spells will be the norm at Ibrox for a long long time. I'd get used to it mate as the previous dominant spells are a thing of the past.

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't really post much on the premiership forum but is this normal behaviour for Stand Free?

I hope that Simsonsen recovers quickly as Lee Robinson looked very shaky in goals last night.

Probably nobody but as long as sellick always stay one step ahead, Rangers as a force are finished.

Barren trophyless spells will be the norm at Ibrox for a long long time. I'd get used to it mate as the previous dominant spells are a thing of the past.

you are entitled to your opinion mikey , it all depends on how Ashley plays it . if Ashley wants to go for the title and get rangers european football, he does not have to invest very heavily at all. It is in ashleys interests to have rangers challenging for trophies, titles and european football. I am not saying this is going to be an overnight job but with stability put in place and regular european football I feel rangers would be challenging for the title within 3-5 years with a few cup runs/wins maybe during this period. Talk of rangers with this sort of process in place going decades without a trophy is wishfull thinking and pardon my language utter shite. However if Ashleys regime provides another boardroom war/clusterfuck etc then your prediction could very well be right.

I don't really post much on the premiership forum but is this normal behaviour for Stand Free?

I hope that Simsonsen recovers quickly as Lee Robinson looked very shaky in goals last night.

I am jus ignoring him to be fair , hopefully he will eventually get the hint and go away :lol:

They were also in the league above us at the time :thumsup2

Yeah, they were the favourites for the trophy.

You're playing a stormer here

:lol: Says the clown trying to slag off Saints fans for getting beaten by a team as shite as Inverness, on the same day you drew with Alloa.

:lol: There's absolutely no way Rangers will be winning the league in the next 5 years. 1 or 2 cups maybe.

as i said it depends entirely on how Ashley plays it , no one can even predict the state of affairs rangers will be in this time next year never mind 5, I am just giving the prediction that with forms of stability in place, investment, a new management team and season ticket sales increasing , there is no reason rangers should not be CHALLENGING within 3-5 years of our return to the top flight. as i have also said should the boardroom remain or continue to be a mess then mikeys predictions of long barren spells could most definitley be true.

I actually thought Robinson was better, Simonsons kicking is atrocious

It's more the way you think things will be back as they once were and that Rangers will dominate the Scottish game again.

As a force in Scotland, Rangers are finished.

So just to be clear, you don't think Rangers will be the top team in Scottish football ever again?

Even the most deluded of Celtic fans don't even believe that.

So just to be clear, you don't think Rangers will be the top team in Scottish football ever again?

Even the most deluded of Celtic fans don't even believe that.

again it is people clinging on to their hopes rather than thinking rationally. there is no reason why if and when rangers return to some form of normality they will not be able to challeneg for and win titles again. again this may take a few years of rebuilding but to say it is not possible is said out of hope more often than not as people have got used to and enjoyed lording it over rangers the last few years that the thought of it eventually cathcing up on them does not seem so appealing.

St.J looked very poor. Hopeful/less balls towards O'Halloran (who really should have scored in the second half) and Graham, with nobody in midfield really offering any support to them. They look a totally different team to last season, mind you most teams would struggle if you removed three attacking threats - May, Maclean, Hasselbaink. I feel a bit more confident about the game at the end of November now.

Rangers were better but that's damning with faint praise. Boyd looks half the player he was last season and there has to be a massive clearout if they get promoted. I wouldn't take the majority of the squad from last night at County (Simonsen, Robinson, Foster, McCulloch, Aird, Smith, Miller, Daly, Moshni, Clark, Shiels).

I actually thought Robinson was better, Simonsons kicking is atrocious

Bells obviously our first choice and Simonsen is prone to the odd cock up but i wasn't easy with Robinson in goals last night - he just looked terrified when he came on.

I cannot believe that this Rangers team knocked out the conquerors of Rosenborg :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Aberdeenbud...Get it right fucking up ye :thumsup2

:lol:

Haven't been on this thread, good to see I still get a mention. ;)

You made a ridiculous comment which I correctly called you out on, let it go ffs and try to enjoy your victory without being a bit of a knob. You managed to beat a teamat home that you vastly outspend(whether you can afford it or not), not sure what the big deal is tbh.

This isn't the same StJ's that defeated Rosenberg, hell this isn't even the same team from May. I think they'll be down the bottom of the Big League with ourselves, County, and possibly Motherwell, come the end of the season.

Bells obviously our first choice and Simonsen is prone to the odd cock up but i wasn't easy with Robinson in goals last night - he just looked terrified when he came on.

Robinson has performed well at Ibrox before.

A decisive penalty save and everything.

see over the next few years bennet when rangers do start winning trophies again and dare I say it the premier division whenever it may be , the meltdown on here and throughout scottish football is going to be glorious . I think folk like stand free might spontaniously combust with rage when this "new" club win their 55th top tier title before his beloved "famous(in the 80's)" eberdeen manage to win their 5th :)

That's hardly how it would work.

Should Rangers 'return' to winning lots of trophies, it'll be a pity, but a return to the norm in a dreary 'back to work after the holidays' type way. It won't leave anyone seething or melting down. We'll all just be grateful we got to see and share the joy of seeing them in such a mess, however long it ultimately lasts.

Having spent a tiny fraction of what you did.

How do you know how much No.8 spent?

That's hardly how it would work. Should Rangers 'return' to winning lots of trophies, it'll be a pity, but a return to the norm in a dreary 'back to work after the holidays' type way. It won't leave anyone seething or melting down. We'll all just be grateful we got to see and share the joy of seeing them in such a mess, however long it ultimately lasts.

Aye right, have you missed the meltdowns after we beat st johnstone lol

Archived