The SevCo vs The Saints

Mad Capsule

Because, and please don't take this the wrong way, a bottom 6 club who pay a maximum of £600 a week in front of 3000 fans won't have Rangers fans rushing out to buy tickets. It just won't.

Fans of your team however, who usually hate going to Ibrox as they would almost certainly lose will be thinking to themselves "Rangers are not as strong as they once were. We've got a real chance of getting something here. I might actually buy a ticket for this match. If anything it will be a right laugh celebrating in the away end at Ibrox at the end of the game. Aye, I'm going!".. :)

We'll have 200, 300 max.

Sorry, but Rangers away really isn't a draw. If it wasn't on the tv, we might've taken a couple of hundred more.

I'm just going to watch it on tv.

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye okay. I think you're just making excuses. :)

Excuses for what?

We will only take 200-300 fans. The only teams we are likely to take more to are the Dundee clubs and the Edinburgh clubs. We're a small club with a small away support - no excuses at all.

Excuses for what?

We will only take 200-300 fans. The only teams we are likely to take more to are the Dundee clubs and the Edinburgh clubs. We're a small club with a small away support - no excuses at all.

First you said you'd only take 200/300 because Rangers "really aren't a draw"..

Then you say the Dundee and Edinburgh clubs are likely to have more fans buying tickets than for a match against Rangers which begs the question what qualifies them as a draw if, according to you, Rangers are not?..

Then you finish off by saying you'll only have a few hundred at Ibrox because because you're a small club with a small away support.

You seem confused. :)

First you said you'd only take 200/300 because Rangers "really aren't a draw"..

Then you say the Dundee and Edinburgh clubs are likely to have more fans buying tickets than for a match against Rangers which begs the question what qualifies them as a draw if, according to you, Rangers are not?..

Then you finish off by saying you'll only have a few hundred at Ibrox because because you're a small club with a small away support.

You seem confused. :)

I think you're the one who's confused to be honest.

I said (or meant to say) that the only teams WE would take a bigger support to are the Dundee clubs and the Edinburgh clubs - ie we'll take more than 200-300 there, but not really anywhere else. There's obviously individual matches that don't follow that pattern, but this wont be one of them.

We'll take 200-300.

I think you're the one who's confused to be honest.

I said (or meant to say) that the only teams WE would take a bigger support to are the Dundee clubs and the Edinburgh clubs - ie we'll take more than 200-300 there, but not really anywhere else. There's obviously individual matches that don't follow that pattern, but this wont be one of them.

We'll take 200-300.

Okay.

Lost interest in arguing about an extra 50 fans or so. :)

The fact is you'll have a poor travelling support at Ibrox because a) the team is playing shit and still can't score more than one goal in a game and b) the club doesn't have many fans and c) None of them believe they're going to win the game.

None of this "Rangers aren't a draw" nonsense. :D

Okay.

The fact is you'll have a poor travelling support at Ibrox because a) the team is playing shit and still can't score more than one goal in a game and b) the club doesn't have many fans and c) None of them believe they're going to win the game.

You realise you're not really winning this argument? As if Rangers were a "draw" then that would be enticing fans to go regardless of the expected result. The points you've made in your posts are reasons why we'll have dwindling supports at all our generic league games over the course of the next few weeks.

I will take travel to both Dundee clubs and Tynecastle. I wouldn't waste my money going to Ibrox or Celtic Park. The fact the team are playing shit doesn't matter tbh I'd rather not spend an evening in Ibrox.

Is it harvest time or something?

Not sure what a 2004 Russian drama film has to do with this topic tbh. Probably deflecting how many goals James McFatFuck will score past you lot a week today.

I would bet that James McFatFuck will score none but knowing my luck he would change his name by deed poll and skiff one in off his arse.

Anyway, could somebody count the exact number of St Johnstone fans at the game please? I feel we need to get this right.

Okay.

If Rangers were a draw we'd take a lot more than 200-300 fans. When we were in the first division and drew you guys in the same competition at the same stage, we brought through over 1000. Difference is, playing at ibrox was a novelty for us then and it was a draw to play the then biggest club in the country.

Sorry, but you're not the club you used to be.

Sorry, but you're not the club you used to be.

Literally.

A lot will depend on which Rangers show up for this one and I don't mean the old or new version. There is no doubt there is a lot of quality in that squad but there are some pretty underwhelming results when you look at what they've done this season. You'd think they'd raise their game in a cup competition against one of the evil SPL clubs that booted them out but then you'd also have thought that playing Hearts and Hibs would be more up their street and they've struggled against both this term. From what I read on here, Inverness probably showed them too much respect in the last round so it's key we go there with a belief about us. What happens at Firhill on Saturday could play a big part in that though.

I'm going as think the team deserves the backing and I'm able to go but totally understand others not bothering.

Last season I'd have looked forward to this and think we'd have caused them real problems. This time around I've got no hope at all really and think our superb cup record against lower division opponents will end. Not looking forward to it at all.

Just snapped up my tickets. Very high prices for a match involving a lower-league side, but it is also the first ever meeting between these two teams. £21 is worth it for the novelty aspect.

Pint beforehand in Glasgow if you fancy it with myself and Fife Saint?

Pint beforehand in Glasgow if you fancy it with myself and Fife Saint?

I'm heading on the supporters' bus, pal, but I'm not sure exactly when it will arrive. Think it's setting off at 5.15pm, so it might be a bit rushed for time. I'll send you a text on the day. If not, we'll definitely get something sorted soon. I'm intrigued to meet Fife Saint.

I'm heading on the supporters' bus, pal, but I'm not sure exactly when it will arrive. Think it's setting off at 5.15pm, so it might be a bit rushed for time. I'll send you a text on the day. If not, we'll definitely get something sorted soon. I'm intrigued to meet Fife Saint.

He's an imposter. I've met the real one (mates with Stone Age).

Anyway, quite excited for this game as it's the first I've been able to make since pre-season and the European ties. I'm not sure how I'm going to handle this supposedly turgid football being served up but as long as McFadden megs someone I'll be relatively happy. A Steven 'Savo' Milne overhead kick would be nice as well. Incidentally, my mate played against him recently and said he'd been turned into a centre-half.

Archived