General Election 2015

Ludo*1

You assume all UKIP supporters are former Tories. Don't ignore the working class "I've voted Labour all my life" racists that are/were attracted to UKIP.

Agree but more tory kippers imo.

But that still doesnt change the fact that Labour are a mess. The incumbents also gain support as we reach election, not to mention the fact Cameron will destroy milliband on debate and we will have a tory give away budget in April. Torys will be the biggest party come May. Labour should be at least 5 points ahead in polls now to stand a chance

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Labour have put the girl in a difficult position but where is the apology from Wings that they were wrongly accusing her of being an actress?

Surely that doesn't do the site any favours.

I know it was pointed out in the wings article, but i'm surprised a public servant would agree to endorse a political party like that. or that they are allowed to.

Could you imagine if it was a police officer, or fire fighter doing something similar posing with the uniform.

I know it was pointed out in the wings article, but i'm surprised a public servant would agree to endorse a political party like that. or that they are allowed to.

Could you imagine if it was a police officer, or fire fighter doing something similar posing with the uniform.

I think that's an understandable mistake.

The biggest problem for me is the laughable turnaround on what she is saying (the NHS is safe in Scotland so vote No / the NHS is under threat so vote Labour). That's embarrassing.

But Wings should be apologising for wrongly accusing her of being an actress. That article makes some very good points but for me their impact is lessened because of the blatant deflection.

Torys will win this election hands down, labour are a disgrace.

You over estimate what impact UKIP would have on the election. Even just a few weeks ago. They would have been lucky to get 5 seats. The race between Labour and Conservatives is so close, it may very well come down to who comes out best in the head to head debate. The big problem the Tories have is they're nowhere near to getting an overall majority. When I last checked there was a 95/96% of getting a hung parliament. However, even worse than that, is that it will be next to impossible for them to form a coalition government given how toxic a parties brand will become if they're seen to be associating with them. Labour, will be able to form one, but not without doing some significant horse trading.

Labour have put the girl in a difficult position but where is the apology from Wings that they were wrongly accusing her of being an actress?

Surely that doesn't do the site any favours.

Wings didn't accuse her. They picked up on the story. Someone else made the accusation. Their article clearly points out that Wings have no idea whether they are the same person. Having said that the article is putting the lassie further into the limelight and probably towards an inevitable disciplinary, but she was fucking stupid for putting herself in this position, and the Labour party spin doctors should question the morality of using someone like this. (If they have any morals that is) . Labour are heavily pushing this NHS line and quite frankly a lot of what they are saying is absolute horseshit. It is inevitable that if your mug is on a leaflet that is getting put through most houses in Scotland people are going to question you.

Colour me less than surprised that the usual hand wringers are giving it the "CYBERNATZ BAD!!!" line again with wings and this nurse. Cast your mind back to the referendum and Claire Lally.

Wings Over Scotland accused Labour (not Claire Lally) of portraying her as an "ordinary mother", when she was in fact a fairly hardcore Labour activist and part of their policy making committee.

Fast forward to now and the same mock furore is coming from Labour and their unionist chums. As I said, Slab have utterly nothing left in the tank and have resorted to a smear campaign and dirty tactics against anyone even remotely associated with the SNP.

You over estimate what impact UKIP would have on the election. Even just a few weeks ago. They would have been lucky to get 5 seats. The race between Labour and Conservatives is so close, it may very well come down to who comes out best in the head to head debate. The big problem the Tories have is they're nowhere near to getting an overall majority. When I last checked there was a 95/96% of getting a hung parliament. However, even worse than that, is that it will be next to impossible for them to form a coalition government given how toxic a parties brand will become if they're seen to be associating with them. Labour, will be able to form one, but not without doing some significant horse trading.

Thing is if UKIP voters trend back towards the Tories, you could end up with a scenario where not many seats change hands at all. Labour lose some seats to the SNP in Scotland, and gain some from the Liberal Democrats in England. The Tories gain a few from the Lib Dems but you're basically left with a 2010 esque result with the Tories on c.310 and Labour on 260ish. If that happened you'd see another 5 years of the coalition, IMO.

However if the UKIP vote holds up allowing Labour to gain seats from the Tories AND the Labour collapse in Scotland isn't as bad as feared, then Miliband gets his outright majority.

Labour candidate chosen to face George Galloway resigns after three days

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/feb/25/labour-candidate-chosen-to-face-galloway-resigns-after-three-days

Bit more shambolic than usual.

Respect will hold that seat anyway. Apparently the cause was "child care issues" :lol:

Without meaning to get all Lex with the odds obsession, I see Tories to win the most seats has came in quite a bit in the last few months. 8/13 seems to be roughly the going rate now.

Greens 125/1 Lib Dems 250/1 !!:o

The funniest think here is that 'John Lambie Doos' p***k being totally destroyed by jmothecat for basically lying, and none of the nats bothering to pick him up on it. Other way round, and they'd be screaming from the rooftops.

Also, I don't think voting for a party 'cz ma da does' is any worse than voting for a party simply because you think it makes you more Scoatish.

The funniest think here is that 'John Lambie Doos' p***k being totally destroyed by jmothecat for basically lying, and none of the nats bothering to pick him up on it. Other way round, and they'd be screaming from the rooftops.

Also, I don't think voting for a party 'cz ma da does' is any worse than voting for a party simply because you think it makes you more Scoatish.

You seem rather angry.

Would you like a hug?

Who does that?

BerwickMad, on 26 Feb 2015 - 13:39, said:

:lol:

Archived