General Election 2015

Ludo*1

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are all the potential SNP voters on here happy with the party's stance that it will never, ever negotiate with the Tories?

That just smacks of narrow intransigence to me. She should, at least, be prepared to listen to what anyone might be prepared to offer Scotland. The Thatcher government was certainly the worst thing that ever happened to Scotland but it was a long time ago now, and the SNP of that era actually contributed to putting that government in place.

Time to move on, Nicola.

I'd be ok with them doing a deal with the Tories to be honest. If the Tories and Labour are truly the same thing, then surely there's no difference?

A truly dreadful publication.

Joking about incest: tasteless and crass

Joking about an illness: fair game, eh

Let's be clear Enrico, you'd be fuming if it was one of the London papers mocking a member of the SNP.

Annihilation is just round the corner for your utter joke of a diddy party.

Fucking pleasing.

The Thatcher government was certainly the worst thing that ever happened to Scotland but it was a long time ago now, and the SNP of that era actually contributed to putting that government in place.

Time to move on, Nicola.

Yeah, because Labour being utterly unelectable had nothing to do with it. :1eye

Annihilation is just round the corner for your utter joke of a diddy party.

Fucking pleasing.

Yeah, I voted SNP in 2011. And voted Yes in September. And will be voting SNP in May.

So I guess this is a "swing and miss, champ" moment.

Yeah, I voted SNP in 2011. And voted Yes in September. And will be voting SNP in May.

It appears you're not allowed to be objective in any way. Poor show from Elixir.

For reference I also voted SNP in 2011, also voted yes in September, also voting SNP in May and I agree with what yoda said here. It's double standards from some on here.

Uh-huh, yet you seem to do nothing but cheerlead for the Lib Dems and criticise the SNP.

Bizarre.

What followed that "unelectable" labour government was 100 times worse.

The fact Labour couldn't win a GE while she was PM kinda shows how terrible they must have been at the time

What followed that "unelectable" labour government was 100 times worse.

And was relatively popular in Scotland. Only until her wilful destruction of the heart of Scotland started did Scotland start to see through her, and even then they still returned 10 MP's in 1987.

This government is arguably more thatcherite than thatcher ever was. How is it possible to move on when an even more dangerous animal has been spawned from the original.

And was relatively popular in Scotland. Only until her wilful destruction of the heart of Scotland started did Scotland start to see through her, and even then they still returned 10 MP's in 1987.

This government is arguably more thatcherite than thatcher ever was. How is it possible to move on when an even more dangerous animal has been spawned from the origin

So you're happy with the party line of doing a deal with anyone - so long as it's not the Tories?

I'm not particularly fond of Cameron, or any of his Etonian buddies, but he's certainly no Iron Lady.

A truly dreadful publication.

Joking about incest: tasteless and crass

Joking about an illness: fair game, eh

Let's be clear Enrico, you'd be fuming if it was one of the London papers mocking a member of the SNP.

I'm no fan of Kennedy, but there is something about that cartoon which doesn't sit right. The attempts to justify it seem desperate as well. Just because he is a politician it doesn't make every issue of their person fair game IMO.

So you're happy with the party line of doing a deal with anyone - so long as it's not the Tories?

I'm not particularly fond of Cameron, or any of his Etonian buddies, but he's certainly no Iron Lady.

I want to see the elected SNP MP's go and do what is best for the people of Scotland, and get the best possible deal for Scotland. And if it meant that they voted for legislation that benefitted the people of Scotland, and indeed the wider UK then I would hope that they would. You can see the absolute mess that Labour are getting into by voting down virtually every bill in Holyrood because 'SNP=Bad'

As I see it, basically what Sturgeon has said is that the current Tories are polar opposite to the SNP's views that they will not work with them. I am happy with that. That doesn't mean that they couldn't consider a vote that had cross party support, which does happen. That to me doesn't constitute working with them. That means potentially agreeing with them. At some point we all agree with each other on something.

I'm no fan of Cameron either, but he is probably the more 'likeable' face of the Tories and has been put in that position because of that. You are right he is no Iron Lady, but when you consider behind him you have Duncan-Smith, May, Osborne and the rest of his team then yes they are worse than thatcher.

Uh-huh, yet you seem to do nothing but cheerlead for the Lib Dems and criticise the SNP.

Bizarre.

I'm surprised (I'm not surprised) that you find the concept of "objectivity" bizarre.

recent examples of lib dem cheerleading tho pls

Archived