General Election 2015

Ludo*1

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And the NS interview in full;

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2015/03/alex-salmond-i-would-bring-down-any-tory-minority-government

This best stands out for me, " He is unashamedly in favour of immigration and, indeed, wants more of it. “Does Scotland need more people? Yes. The debate I want to have is one that recognises the underlying challenge, which is how to balance your working age and your retired population . . . You want to encourage people to come and stay, but I’m in favour of immigration rather than migrant labour . . . The offer you want to make to people is: if you like us, come be part of us.”

A sensible, articulate, positive statement on immigration that we could never hear from Miliband or Cameron since they've decided to shamefully chase the bigot vote.

The Guardian article sums up the extent to which both Labour and Conservative are panicking. In the course of the same article we've got the tories claiming AS will put Labour in power whilst labour insist AS will help keep Cameron in power.

One of them will be in power. The extent to which the SNP influence that will be the power of democracy. Like the man said, they wanted us and they've got us. So stop fuckin whining when we use our democratic right and vote for who we want. GIRFUT.

An indication of just how fucked Labour are would be, if some big hitter, for example Gordon Brown, was to go to a former mining area, that has voted Labour forever, for a Town Hall meeting.

If anyone is interested Gordon Brown is visiting Cumnock Town Hall on Sunday :o

They are fucked

I finally got round to watching that Free Speech thing on BBC and thought Nicola did alright. However it was the first time I had heard anything in length from Leanne Wood of Plaid and was really impressed with her and how she conducted herself - is she always pretty decent?

Archived