General Election 2015

Ludo*1

Just watching Ed Milliband on Sky News there. Are there really people out there that believe we can give this clown and Ed Balls the keys back to the Treasury, after the arse they made of their last stint. Do they think all is just conveniently forgotten ??

Look at the alternative. Putting them side by side you understand why Scotland is at an advantage in having a voting option that allows a credible vote against both. I can see a "right of conservative" option down south but I can't see a "left of labour" option. Maybe they feel they don't need one but if so it shows how politically divergent the landscapes have become and why independence is sensible for all parties.

The scaremongering from the likes of that tory tart yesterday is unbelievable. Fuckin deal with it hen.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We should get a vote on the EU, but all 4 nations should have a majority wanting to leave.

We can't be in a position where 1 or 2 nations force the rest of the UK out

Plus the seethe from Southern England if they vote to leave and it's blocked by Scotland, Wales or NI

Thats why Scotland needs to vote SNP. That and the abolishment of the house of lords

Why was Salmond shit stirring it so much on the Andrew Marr show?

All that chat will do is edge people in England towards the Tories to keep Labour and SNP out of power.

Does he want the Tories in power to increase the SNP lead in Scotland?

All that chat will do is edge people in England towards the Tories to keep Labour and SNP out of power.

1) He loves a good trolling session

2) A Tory government is probably best for his long term goal and the SNP's raison d'etre.

I didnt think he was stirring at all. He was calmly trying to say that u wanted us to stay so deal with it. I found that tory weapon rather insulting and an affront to democracy in Scotland

Well there's not much difference in Labour or the Tories. I personally couldn't give one who gets in.

Tories getting back will give us the ammo for indyref2

Labour getting in with SNP support will gets us more powers.

I would say so. A Tory victory is probably best for the SNP for a couple of reasons. Imagine 40 or so SNP members in Westminster holding a Tory government to account. Not only that but as they don't really need to worry about being in government in Westminster and they don't need to chase English votes, they can basically say anything they want when criticising the government, unlike Labour. They can be anti-austerity for example. The 'a government we didn't vote for' line can be trotted out again and there seems to be a lot of Tory chat about federalism, which would probably be another step towards independence. Who knows what the SNP may get in return for passing a Tory Queen's Speech.

This suits both the Tories and SNP.

I would say so. A Tory victory is probably best for the SNP for a couple of reasons. Imagine 40 or so SNP members in Westminster holding a Tory government to account. Not only that but as they don't really need to worry about being in government in Westminster and they don't need to chase English votes, they can basically say anything they want when criticising the government, unlike Labour. They can be anti-austerity for example. The 'a government we didn't vote for' line can be trotted out again and there seems to be a lot of Tory chat about federalism, which would probably be another step towards independence. Who knows what the SNP may get in return for passing a Tory Queen's Speech.

This suits both the Tories and SNP.

^^^ This.

I'd probably prefer this scenario all round.

Eyes on the prize, fellow #cybernats.

Scottish sub-sample of Ashcroft's latest national poll (released today):

SNP 56%

Red Tories 20%

Blue Tories 17%

Busted Flushes 4%

Racists 1%

Lentil eaters 1%

Other 1%

B678L.jpg

Beat me to it :lol:

#JimMurphybounce

Scottish sub-sample of Ashcroft's latest national poll (released today):

SNP 56%

Red Tories 20%

Blue Tories 17%

Busted Flushes 4%

Racists 1%

Lentil eaters 1%

Other 1%

B678L.jpg

Excellent. I know its only a Scottish sub sub sample but they are adding these all up to provide better accuracy. .. and they are all the same. Everyone I know is voting SNP

Pleasing!!!

I think Reynard is hurting

“@TheZephyrus1969: and Scotland needs to

Lose half it's MPs. Ridiculously over represented.”

“@TheZephyrus1969: @Historywoman @Effiedeans I have a gun licence. I'm tooled up and ready”

He's blocked me :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

That sub-sample from the Ashcroft poll is absolutely glorious. Jizz worthy. The only tiny, teeny, minute downside is that the likes of H_B and Reynard have shat the bed so heavily that they won't even post in this thread anymore / got themselves intentionally banned to avoid it. Poor guys, they must be really hurting...

post-30544-0-14551000-1427130615.jpg

He's blocked me :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

That sub-sample from the Ashcroft poll is absolutely glorious. Jizz worthy. The only tiny, teeny, minute downside is that the likes of H_B and Reynard have shat the bed so heavily that they won't even post in this thread anymore / got themselves intentionally banned to avoid it. Poor guys, they must be really hurting...

attachicon.gifSalmond Pleasing.jpg

Look at pish like that though. Utterly self-loathing and servile, Scotland isn't voting how he wants to so we should lose half our MP's. Everything is second to their unionism, even democracy in Scotland.

Also my point about certain significant violence from the no side if they'd lost is illustrated there, I think it definitely would have happened.

Well there's not much difference in Labour or the Tories. I personally couldn't give one who gets in.

Tories getting back will give us the ammo for indyref2

Labour getting in with SNP support will gets us more powers.

It is too early to make assumptions about what is the best government scenario after the election. IF the Tories have most seats and IF it looks like they have been denied a majority by former Tory voters voting for UKIP they would probably favour a further early election; difficult but not impossible to engineer under the new rules.

It should also be note that the polls suggest the majority of the Scottish electorate favour a minority Labour government with SNP support. It could be electorally stupid to ignore that.

It is too early to make assumptions about what is the best government scenario after the election. IF the Tories have most seats and IF it looks like they have been denied a majority by former Tory voters voting for UKIP they would probably favour a further early election; difficult but not impossible to engineer under the new rules.

It should also be note that the polls suggest the majority of the Scottish electorate favour a minority Labour government with SNP support. It could be electorally stupid to ignore that.

Have the Conservatives ruled out a coalition with UKIP?

Archived