General Election 2015

Ludo*1

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a homophobic insult where I'm from. If it means 'head full of mince' in Arbroath as opposed to an insult in comparing someone to an effeminate man, then fair enough.

Aye, it definitely means head full of mince, unless I've been getting homophobic abuse from my grandad for the past 10 year... :(:o

I have been interested in politics from an early age. I can honestly say I have never seen such a disgusting, twisted, vitriolic and bitter campaign.

At a Scottish level we have seen biased attacks by Murphy and Rennie, less so from Davidson; but these appear to be pretty ineffectual.

However at a national level the attacks from the Tories, aided and abetted by all the media, not just the usual right wing rags, is staggering. I feel at a national level Labour are being far more considered in what they say. However Cameron and the rest of the Tory establishment are bugeyed at the prospect of SNP influence.

The BBC is going to have to be held accountable for the way in which they are presenting the news. Even the headlines on their web pages are distorting the content.

Christ knows how much worse it is going to get over the next fourteen days.

I was talking with a friend who lives in Oxford. She was saying that down south Sturgeon was really popular, so either the people can see past all this vitriol or they like her despite all the threats.

It certainly isn't the impression you get from reading the papers and some of the comments sections attached to them, but I guess they tend to be filled with idiots as well.

It's definitely a homophobic insult and I suspect your grandad knows this

:lol::(

Well I definitely was not making homosexual insults towards OrangeBoab for listening to flute bands. It was purely for being a dafty that I insulted him.

Apologies BerwickMad if I upset you.

Farage on 5 live took six seconds to bring up "an Australian points system"

My dad actually agrees with him over that.. I imagine quite a lot of people will, it's probably why it's the first thing he mentions everytime he's on air. Gets people on his side before he goes off with his insane ramblings.

I have been interested in politics from an early age. I can honestly say I have never seen such a disgusting, twisted, vitriolic and bitter campaign.

At a Scottish level we have seen biased attacks by Murphy and Rennie, less so from Davidson; but these appear to be pretty ineffectual.

However at a national level the attacks from the Tories, aided and abetted by all the media, not just the usual right wing rags, is staggering. I feel at a national level Labour are being far more considered in what they say. However Cameron and the rest of the Tory establishment are bugeyed at the prospect of SNP influence.

The BBC is going to have to be held accountable for the way in which they are presenting the news. Even the headlines on their web pages are distorting the content.

I totally agree with this. I've always been interested in politics, but the level of debate and tactics used in this election have been at best pathetic and at worst disgusting. It's hardly a wonder people switch of politics when this is the level of dabate. I assume on the Tory side that Lynton Crosbie or whatever he's called is having a huge influence. I hope it totally backfires but fear it won't.

I totally agree with this. I've always been interested in politics, but the level of debate and tactics used in this election have been at best pathetic and at worst disgusting. It's hardly a wonder people switch of politics when this is the level of dabate. I assume on the Tory side that Lynton Crosbie or whatever he's called is having a huge influence. I hope it totally backfires but fear it won't.

My dad actually agrees with him over that.. I imagine quite a lot of people will, it's probably why it's the first thing he mentions everytime he's on air. Gets people on his side before he goes off with his insane ramblings.

I might be wrong but don't we already use an Australian points system for the non-EU migrants?

You have to laugh at the Sevco fans. Their Daily Mail-esque seethe is a thing of beauty. I also find it more than a little ironic, them moaning at the prospect of a Tory Government. If only there had been a way to guarantee no Tory rule ever again... Hmmmm...

I totally agree with this however, it appears the campaign of hate is failing drastically if the polls are to be believed. The difference in tone in all the unionist parties since September is, frankly, disgraceful and exposes politics in the UK for what it is.

The establishment reaction to the SNP block in WM will determine the timeframe for the next referendum, all signs point to sometime this decade.

If the SNP are to get concessions for any kind of pact with Labour after the election, then getting some kind of control over the BBC in Scotland must be one of them.

I'm not saying the SNP should replace like for like at BBC Scotland in favour of the SNP. Not even your most fervent SNP support wants a biased BBC that favours the SNP. We must have balanced reporting for everyone.

There needs to be an absolute clear out at Pacific Quay. It's been quite shocking at what they have got away with over the years.

Coincidently, their 2 most reasonably unbiased reporters James Cook and Laura Bicker have been give assignments in the USA....hmmnn

The past 6 months have really opened my eyes to the state of the broadcast and print media. Before the referendum I always thought they were, overall, balanced.

I've been most disappointed in the BBC.

Archived