General Election 2015

Ludo*1

These raspers really are a total pain in the arse. If you know the media can't wait to portray a whole movement of people as foaming, aggressive nutters, just don't give them the opportunity. Its actually incredibly selfish of them.

Indeed, it'd be much better if Murphy and Izzard turned up and there was only half a dozen people there.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This Wiki link must be wrong then.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby_of_the_House#United_Kingdom

According to that youngest 21.

Think she didn't actually take her seat but was elected, maybe that's why she's not on the list.

Here is the interview where Mhairi mentions it

Skip to 8 minutes, here name is Bernadette Devlin McAliskey, apparently attacked the Home Secretary. Maybe I'm wrong it wasn't Mhairi that mentioned her it was the interviewer. His videos are brilliant btw, should watch a few of them.

These raspers really are a total pain in the arse. If you know the media can't wait to portray a whole movement of people as foaming, aggressive nutters, just don't give them the opportunity. Its actually incredibly selfish of them.

But the media will never do that because he is the leader of the Labour Party in Scotland.

Oh, sorry, you meant all the protestors. Carry on!

This Wiki link must be wrong then.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby_of_the_House#United_Kingdom

According to that youngest 21.

That's the bugger. Aged 13.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Monck,_2nd_Duke_of_Albemarle

Probably an indication of how far democracy has come in the last few centuries

We may not like Jim Murphy or any other Unionist politicians but they should be able to campaign wherever they want without receiving abuse.

Jim makes a tit of things himself, we don't need anyone else to do it for him.

These morons do much more harm than good to be honest.

6ftq95.jpg

A wee guide to declaration times over the past few elections. Hopefully they'll start pouring in by about 4am!

Likely to be later than ever this year as England has loads of local election results to count too.

That's the bugger. Aged 13.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Monck,_2nd_Duke_of_Albemarle

Probably an indication of how far democracy has come in the last few centuries

Think Bernadette Devlin was also younger than Swinson when she was elected, but older when she went through the oath-taking formalities to become an MP.

We may not like Jim Murphy or any other Unionist politicians but they should be able to campaign wherever they want without receiving abuse.

To play Devils advocate here, what right does Jim have to stand with a megaphone shouting on a public street.

If you're going behave like that in the middle of a city, don't expect people to challenge you.

Oh and here is the "mob"

post-35247-14307429729885_thumb.jpg

Complete bullshit, that's democracy. Real, functioning, proper democracy. The people are allowed to voice their opinions and all have freedom of speech, they are simply practising it.

That's democracy in action, if they don't want heckled don't spend years lying to the people of Scotland then. They deserve much worse than that, and for everyone there that is the only occasion they get to have their voice heard.

Why should they shut up and allow Jim Murhpy another platform to shout abusive lies at pensioners? What you're seeing there, and enraged about, is real democracy in action.

You could argue that the picture shows Murphy with a very aggressive look on his face heading for a man who is trying to back away.

But Jim is never aggressive and nasty, is he?

He has a guy shoving a sign in his face i would suggest its shock

To play Devils advocate here, what right does Jim have to stand with a megaphone shouting on a public street.

If you're going behave like that in the middle of a city, don't expect people to challenge you.

Oh and here is the "mob"

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1430742972.291615.jpg

Free speech/democracy thats why the same as sturgeon does

I'm not saying they're not allowed to do it, if that's what gets you out of bed in the morning then crack on.

I just see it as a pointless exercise, the SNP campaign is going well as it is, I don't want another reason for Slab or the Daily Mail to get another 'Vile Natz' headline before Polling day.

The best thing SNP supporters could do is ignore the living hell out of Scottish Labour. They are making a complete arse of things all by themselves.

IMO, of course.

If you think shouting Murphy and his ilk down and breaking out into small scuffles with Labour activists is beneficial to the SNP cause, fire on.

Exactly, Murphy has freedom of speech same as the protesters do. Sturgeon doesn't get that as she hasn't spent years lying to and talking down the people of Scotland. That's real democracy, live debate and passionate engagement.

Fucking fantastic, not stage managed TV appearances with real people barred. No wonder the establishment are shitting themselves, Scotland is well and truly out of its little box now.

I'm not saying they're not allowed to do it, if that's what gets you out of bed in the morning then crack on.

I just see it as a pointless exercise, the SNP campaign is going well as it is, I don't want another reason for Slab or the Daily Mail to get another 'Vile Natz' headline before Polling day.

The best thing SNP supporters could do is ignore the living hell out of Scottish Labour. They are making a complete arse of things all by themselves.

IMO, of course.

If you think shouting Murphy and his ilk down and breaking out into small scuffles with Labour activists is beneficial to the SNP cause, fire on.

I think its real people expressing real feelings in a completely legal manner. Therefore I think its brilliant.

It isn't all about the SNP cause, some people have serious anger towards Labour they want to express, that is their right.

Oh and here is the "mob"

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1430742972.291615.jpg

And Jim's banking on these morons turning up and causing a fuss so he can play up the "nasty nats stifling our campaigning" narrative. Sodje's right, there's little doubt the SNP leadership are cringing at these protestors.

IMO, of course.

I agree completely with this. Usually these things do more harm than good.

Granny, yourself and others are right. their energy would be better served being channelled in other areas.

Completely ignoring him would be a stronger political message than confronting him. Imagine Murphy standing with no one but a few activists surrounding him.

However it's never going to be that. People are rightly angry and in that situation unfortunately the red mist takes over unfortunately

And Jim's banking on these morons turning up and causing a fuss so he can play up the "nasty nats stifling our campaigning" narrative. Sodje's right, there's little doubt the SNP leadership are cringing at these protestors.

Every time Jim opens his mouth he loses more votes. Let his voice be heard!

Archived