How can we get a second referendum and win it?

Scottishyeltz

The electoral politics will decide whether and when there is another referendum. It's got nothing to do with any established/definite period of time.

As an aside, it is highly amusing that some among No seem to have genuinely thought independence would disappear on the 19th. Bless 'em.

it will disappear, its only been a couple of weeks. The prospect of another referendum is as far away as ever in Quebec 15 years after theirs.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we have another referendum and its a YES win surely us NOs can shout "best of three !" and we will need a third referendum until we get the result we would like.Apparently this is how you get the "correct" result.

You could have a referendum vote every day for a whole year and you would still have the same outcome. Shut the f**k up mun,it ain't gonna happen and over 2 million people agree with me

No one agrees with you. You're just a drooling buffoon incapable of forming your own opinion.

HTH :)

No one agrees with you. You're just a drooling buffoon incapable of forming your own opinion.

HTH :)

you no got nae photos te take or moontins tae climb ya boring b*****d ye. Keep your obsession going ha ha ha xx

you no got nae photos te take or moontins tae climb ya boring b*****d ye. Keep your obsession going ha ha ha xx

Maybe leave the typing to your wife next time? Trying a two sentence response was maybe pushing yourself a bit far.

Baby steps m8.

:)

Why the f**k would anyone suggest a referendum "soon", given this result?!

Oh, and it's no surprise to see Reynard spill his seethe all over the place, and Al666 is so thick, he needs to rip off his patter word for word, while Tom McB is worse still, just quoting it due to not being able to use his keyboard properly due to drooling all over it.

Just to respond here to your trolling. You slag off two No voting posters and then accuse me of being a troll. I think you should stick to films and TV and criticising because creative or unbiased thought on anything in reality is beyond you.

HTH

Is there anything more tragic than a person who so transparently wants to be important but simply can't get anyone to give him the opportunity to shine?

You are clearly neither mentally well nor content with your life judging by your posting history on here and BAWA.

Have you no friends you can talk to?

Back from your drinking and crying binge. Offffft it lasted well didn't it?

Back from your drinking and crying binge. Offffft it lasted well didn't it?

The combined mewlings of your average No voter. Think we'll add stupid to the list which includes craven and deferential.

Maybe leave the typing to your wife next time? Trying a two sentence response was maybe pushing yourself a bit far.

Baby steps m8.

bitch has up and left me to Xmas shop in Livi, fending for myself today I'm afraid. I've text her to explain the TV remote control ????

I had initially thought that the next referendum would be in about 15-20 years but it could well come before that depending upon a whole raft of factors including:

Whether the next UK government is conservative

The number of SNP MPs elected to Parliament

The honouring or other wise of the 'vow' or more accurately the public perception of how/if this is honoured

Our finanacial commitment to supporting the USA in their Middle East adventures

The composition of the next Hollyrood Parliament

On a related note following the referendum result a poll found that 20% of those surveyed thought there should NEVER be another referendum. Just think of that for a moment; 20% arrogant or stupid enough to think that in a democracy their will should persist even after they are dead.

Christ it makes you question the concept of universal suffrage at times.

Only 55% of people living in Scotland want to remain within the UK, The 4th biggest city doesn't want to remain in the UK.

That is a damning reflection on the state of the UK. only a simpleton would believe people who support independence would just down tools and forget it, it doesn't work like that. We will have another referendum, I don't believe for another 10/15 years though.

Salmond talking about the wonder of involvement of people in politics. Maybe he means the type of leftie dictator BS he was into at University where you force a majority of people into accepting something that they don't want and something that they voted against. The Edinburgh agreement he signed up to is something that he thinks he can ignore. wrong answer fatman

So what would they say? You have 2 choices:

1. It wasn't a fair vote or

2. The wishes of the voters shouldn't be respected.

Option 3 "I don't agree with the outcome" doesn't applly.

The wishes of the voters did apply as we're still part of the Union :1eye

But as mentioned previously, if the SNP and other pro-independence parties have a referendum in their manifesto in the 2016 election and they have an overall majority in the parliament then that gives the Scottish government a mandate to hold another referendum.

If the Westminster parties fail to offer the Vow or what the Scottish people feel are substantial further powers then I believe there will be an overwhelming call for another referendum.

If they do offer something near federalism then it makes it harder for the SNP to hold a referendum in the 2016 parliament. Not impossible, but 1. you need to have the backing of the Scottish people. 2. you have to have a realistic chance of winning.

I think a sizeable proportion of the electorate would want to see how federalism works before embarking on independence.

But through time you would get people saying we can do everything ourselves what's the point of not having defence & foreign affairs under the control of the Scottish parliament.

So basically federalism or devo max only delays the inevitability of independence

Salmond talking about the wonder of involvement of people in politics. Maybe he means the type of leftie dictator BS he was into at University where you force a majority of people into accepting something that they don't want and something that they voted against. The Edinburgh agreement he signed up to is something that he thinks he can ignore. wrong answer fatman

Alex Salmond is the greatest statesman this country has ever seen. Fact.

What exactly would the quickest way be to get another referendum and turn it into a "YES" vote this time? I would like to hear the views from the political minded posters in particular.

KiIl everyone who owns a union jack or anything with one on it

then kill their pets

Only 55% of people living in Scotland want to remain within the UK, The 4th biggest city doesn't want to remain in the UK.

That is a damning reflection on the state of the UK. only a simpleton would believe people who support independence would just down tools and forget it, it doesn't work like that. We will have another referendum, I don't believe for another 10/15 years though.

Surprised you didn't lead with the biggest city of all not wanting to.

I don't think yes would win a referendum so soon if another one was announced. However, with each passing day more people are lacking towards yes. More people are regretting their no vote. There won't be many who will be wishing they voted no. There might not be any who think this!

The country is divided. The more we are lied to, the more we are dragged into affairs we don't want to be a part of - the more that divide will shrink back. The momentum is, and always will be until independence, with Yes.

Archived