Stupid Names For Kids

Romeo

Boy I went to school with called his baby boy Spartacus. They refer to him as "wee Sparky". He just posted this link on Facebook: http://news.stv.tv/scotland/313423-hiya-i-am-spartacus-scots-parents-choose-unusual-baby-names/

Have to admit, I quite like it.

I think we can all guess what team Dhaniel's parents support then eh...

On topic-ish. I'd cheerfully kill any relation of mine who named their sons Darren or Darryl. I'm not a fan of the names and I always assumed they had been whipped up by drunk parents since the 1950s. Does anyone, perhaps a Darryl or a Darren, know the provenance of those names?

There was a girl in Dundee who just had a kid this week and the name Chanel is in there somewhere. She's a fucking mutant. The mum is too.

There was a girl in Dundee who just had a kid this week and the name Chanel is in there somewhere. She's a fucking mutant. The mum is too.

Congrats Matty - hope everything went well xxx

In true "Boy named Sue" style, my folks called me Angus. Nothing wrong with that, except I was born in Scunthorpe and lived in darkest Humberside until I was 7. My older brother and sister kept telling people I still didn't have a name, even when I was months old.

I'd rather strangle my child than name them anything as fucking daft as that

I'd ask what you're naming your wean, but that comes off a little creepy and Savile-esque :wacko:

"Not-Chanel" is probably as good as anything for internet purposes. Gets the message across pretty well :P

I'd ask what you're naming your wean, but that comes off a little creepy and Savile-esque :wacko:

"Not-Chanel" is probably as good as anything for internet purposes. Gets the message across pretty well :P

Surely matty will hold a p&b poll to let the masses decide what his unborn will be called!?

f**k it just call it matty. Took me and the wife 4 days or arguing before calling our son after me. If only she had listened!

Used to work with a guy called Michael Hunt. Got called Mike.

Also know a kid called Hunter. Kind of a drippy wee boy. Maybe he'll grow into it but I'm guessing not.

Met a kid years ago called Tyson. I said to him "no what's your name, not your dog's". Burst into tears and told his Maw. Wee p***k. She Wisny happy, came over and chewed my ear off...

On topic-ish. I'd cheerfully kill any relation of mine who named their sons Darren or Darryl. I'm not a fan of the names and I always assumed they had been whipped up by drunk parents since the 1950s. Does anyone, perhaps a Darryl or a Darren, know the provenance of those names?

darryl-strawberry-crying.jpg

Know a Darrin. His mother watched Bewitched in the 60s and named him after Samantha's husband.