Tartan Army - Good Guys or Wanks?

Tartan Army  

254 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Aye but they couldn't sign David Silva though could they?

Then why didn't you say Manchester has one of the worst climates "of the places with teams which could realistically sign him" instead of "on the planet"? Learn to communicate clearly or you'll continue to come across as someone taking nonsense.

Guest Axle Grease
3 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

This thread is more embarrassing than any fan I’ve ever met, every support has good guys and wanks. Scotland fans play up to national stereotypes! Yes like no other group of international fans do this, no wait loads do it. There’s a few who try and sleeze on the local young girls, I’d bet they’re the same when they go away with their club or even on a holiday, probably every Saturday night too. I’ve been to loads of games for club and country and 90% of people are sound as, just want to watch the game have a few drinks, talk football and enjoy themselves.

Lot of self righteous people on here who want to judge how people should support their team. As long as they’re not breaking any laws what does it matter.

Raith fuckin Rovers??🤔🤔

Anyway of course you're correct but where's the fun in that? 

6 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

No offence but if I met you for the first time, say you became a new colleague at my work, and you told me you were into football but then revealed you don’t actually have a team - I would be in despair. It would be game over. “What a freak” I would think.

La Liga is absolutely pish btw, I can’t think of anything more boring than watching Valencia vs Espanyol or the like. CL is also complete garbage until the last couple of stages.

I would 9 times out of 10 choose to watch a Scottish game on TV over any foreign game. Usually there will be a team I would prefer to win and I can get a little invested in it.

And just to remain on topic, I don’t really care about the Tartan Army - as long as they don’t make a complete fool of the nation on their trips abroad and act like hooligans like the English do then they can wear their stupid little hats and indulge in cringy banter all they like.

See that's my point though, you don't like the actual game itself, I do. That's why I like La Liga, as its the highest quality domestic football in the world. So if you actually like football it would obviously be your favourite domestic league, cause that's where they're best at actually playing football.

And tbh I couldn't give the slightest f**k what you thought of me if I joined your work.  As it happens I immediately know, not think, that someone who doesn't like La Liga doesn't know anything about football, so there's no point discussing football with them and their opinion can be instantly dismissed.  

And as it happens I was raised a Rangers fan, went to a few games every season always saw them in Dundee and a couple of times at Ibrox. Was at the Leeds game. Then when I grew up I realised they are utter scum so I abandoned them. 

The complete fandan thing to do would be then to choose a club to 'support' which is probably what you would have done, instead I just like the game and like to see Scottish football healthy.

Football has been a massive part of my life, I could pretty much guarantee I'm a lot more into it than you are, and have been since I was like two years old.

But I don't support  a team and I'm actually into the game itself unlike you, who really just likes all the crap that surrounds it, I don't, I like the actual sport.

3 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Then why didn't you say Manchester has one of the worst climates "of the places with teams which could realistically sign him" instead of "on the planet"? Learn to communicate clearly or you'll continue to come across as someone taking nonsense.

No, if you were being a pedantic fandan you'd have realised that was obviously the intent in the first place, indeed I actually clarified it in the very next post before you even started your pedantic fandan pish.

Qnd Manchester does have one of the worst climates on the planet anyway, its notorious for raining all the time, being cold, windy, and dark in winter.  It might have escaped you but like 90% of the world lives in a better climate than that and would fucking hate having to live in that. Escpecially someone whose entire life beforehand had been split between Gran Canaria and Valencia.  I bet he couldn't wait to get away.

I mean La Liga has been the number one ranked league in the world for about twenty years, and almost all of the WPOTY winners have played there in that time. 

So if you say you don't like La Liga, what you're really saying is I don't like the best league in the world full of the best players in the world.  Okay fine, that means you don't like football then.

No, if you were being a pedantic fandan you'd have realised that was obviously the intent in the first place, indeed I actually clarified it in the very next post before you even started your pedantic fandan pish.
Instead of asking people to look for nuance in your writing like a nobel laureate, why don't you simply write what you mean in the first place so we don't have to guess the intentions of a man who is known for hyperbolic rage-rants?

31 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
1 hour ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Instead of asking people to look for nuance in your writing like a nobel laureate, why don't you simply write what you mean in the first place so we don't have to guess the intentions of a man who is known for hyperbolic rage-rants?

I'm sorry for assuming a base level of intelligence, in your case that was obviously a mistake.

probably not the thread for this......

was talking to a Welsh guy at work.  Got chatting about fitba as you do.   He mentioned being at the 1977 World Cup Qualifier at Anfield between Scotland and Wales...(the Joe Jordan cracking header one).

Anyway, not trying to go into Danny Dyer 'pwoper nawty' territory but he said that night was utter carnage.  He said he had a ticket for the Kop end which Wales were supposed to have but it was pretty much 20-1 in favour of Scots and pretty much a battle for 90 minutes on the terraces with bottles and cans flying everywhere.     On arrival off his bus to get to  he ground,  Scottish fans were hassling him to buy his ticket off him (the police had advised the folk on the bus to hide thier tickets).  Also mentioned really bad overcrowding in the Kop(ok the norm for stadiums back them i guess)

He then said they also had the local Scousers to contend with...scariest he'd ever been at a game

I had no idea about this, might be bollox, obviously new we had 'issues' with the English but didnt realise that also extended to the Welsh.

Any auld yins on here there?  Were ye flinging bottles of El Dorado about?

17 minutes ago, fuzzydunlop said:

probably not the thread for this......

was talking to a Welsh guy at work.  Got chatting about fitba as you do.   He mentioned being at the 1977 World Cup Qualifier at Anfield between Scotland and Wales...(the Joe Jordan cracking header one).

Anyway, not trying to go into Danny Dyer 'pwoper nawty' territory but he said that night was utter carnage.  He said he had a ticket for the Kop end which Wales were supposed to have but it was pretty much 20-1 in favour of Scots and pretty much a battle for 90 minutes on the terraces with bottles and cans flying everywhere.     On arrival off his bus to get to  he ground,  Scottish fans were hassling him to buy his ticket off him (the police had advised the folk on the bus to hide thier tickets).  Also mentioned really bad overcrowding in the Kop(ok the norm for stadiums back them i guess)

He then said they also had the local Scousers to contend with...scariest he'd ever been at a game

I had no idea about this, might be bollox, obviously new we had 'issues' with the English but didnt realise that also extended to the Welsh.

Any auld yins on here there?  Were ye flinging bottles of El Dorado about?

A year or two before I started going but that's what was reported and recounted by anyone I spoke to that was there. The Jock Stein game in Cardiff was similar, although not as bad.

After the Wales game and the one at Wembley there was a change in the demeanour and image projection of Scotland supporters.

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

A year or two before I started going but that's what was reported and recounted by anyone I spoke to that was there. The Jock Stein game in Cardiff was similar, although not as bad.

After the Wales game and the one at Wembley there was a change in the demeanour and image projection of Scotland supporters.

True. In the 70s  Scotland's travelling support was about as welcome as Prince Andrew at a teenage disco.

But life was in general more aggressive back then, when a hair cut was deemed sufficient justification for a doing. I find people more well behaved now, except on social media which is the equivalent of every Millwall fan in the world standing in your living room calling you a propah cant.

Edited by Academically Deficient
Spelling