False Advertising

So in the USA, drinkers of Red Bull could be entitled to compensation over the fact that despite assurances given by the adverts, Red Bull doesn't actually give you wings.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/29550003

So what other adverts have been telling us lies?

Carlsberg's "Probably the best beer in the world" springs to mind, although I don't know how you'd go about disproving it.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt they drink Um Bungo in the Congo.

Au contraire. Denis Sassou Nguesso himself was well known to scoop a couple of cartons of the stuff in parliament.

"The car in front is a Toyota" isn't always true though. I was stuck behind a Ford Focus on the road into work yesterday.

Au contraire. Denis Sassou Nguesso himself was well known to scoop a couple of cartons of the stuff in parliament.

"The car in front is a Toyota" isn't always true though. I was stuck behind a Ford Focus on the road into work yesterday.

Ford used "Everything we do is driven by you" despite the fact I've never driven a Ford.

Irn Bru is not made from girders. It's made from carbonated water, sugar and various flavourings.

"Kids will do anything for Dairylea"- couldn't stand the stuff when I was a child and got it in my packed lunch. My mate got mini-rolls in his packed lunch and I would much rather have had them than some shitey processed cheese.

Take two bottles into the shower? I never go anywhere with less than two bottles.

That had to be one of the dumbest slogans in advertising history.

'Take 2 bottles into the shower?'. Naw, just my shower gel so a wanky shampoo can GTF.

Archived