The Beef Thread

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A thread dedicated to the greatest cuts of the fine cattle.

How do you like your steak cooked? Medium rare.

Has anyone here tried Kobe Beef? Yes.

What is the best cut of beef? Rump or fillet steak.

So many beef related questions.....

Rack of lamb or lamb shank with a mint gravy ain't too bad either :)

I'm a well done man.can't understand people who eat almost raw meat.you wouldn't have a rare chicken breast so why rare beef??

You wouldn't have rare chicken cos it could fcuking kill you! Rare/Medium rare steak is far far superior for flavour.

T Bone medium rare. No 'sauce'.

The biggest steak i've had was in Murica, the size of it gave me the meat sweats and I couldnt take a shit for about three days.

You should go to South Africa mate.......I couldn't even finish my chicken caesar salad starter never mind the steak I ordered for mains!

You should go to South Africa mate.......I couldn't even finish my chicken caesar salad starter never mind the steak I ordered for mains!

Not planning on heading there anytime soon, however i noticed that South African steakhouse Shebeen has opened in Dalry beside First Coast. Might be worth a visit.

I always ask for my steak done medium, based on too many experiences of restaurants that can't cook a steak properly. I can happily eat it medium rare, medium and medium well done, so medium pretty much guarantee's 1 of those 3 options.

Since SJC mentioned South Africa it brought to mind the Ostrich meat I had there. Pretty fantastic it was.

Quite like the steaks here as they tend to be thicker cut than in the UK. Nice and juicy when cooked well.

Not planning on heading there anytime soon, however i noticed that South African steakhouse Shebeen has opened in Dalry beside First Coast. Might be worth a visit.

I noticed that too.....good shout. Try ostrich btw!

I always ask for my steak done medium, based on too many experiences of restaurants that can't cook a steak properly. I can happily eat it medium rare, medium and medium well done, so medium pretty much guarantee's 1 of those 3 options.

Since SJC mentioned South Africa it brought to mind the Ostrich meat I had there. Pretty fantastic it was.

Quite like the steaks here as they tend to be thicker cut than in the UK. Nice and juicy when cooked well.

Ostrich is a fantastic red meat! loved to as a kebab with peppercorn sauce!

Archived