The Beef Thread

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no skill whatsoever in undercooking a piece of meat.

This is one of the great con tricks foisted upon a gullible public by chefs who either :

Are unable to cook properly, or , know that by taking the time to do the job properly would cut their covers and profit

:lol:

I used to frequent a pub in Birmingham that did cracking steaks. The "chef"/owner point blank refused to serve well done steaks. If asked for one, he'd come out of the kitchen and rant at the customer about how good the meat was, how they were asking him to ruin it etc etc until the changed their minds :lol:

What a c**t :lol:

For me, I like my steaks rare/medium-rare. But I really don't like the people that complain or kick up a fuss about someone ordering it well done.

A similar story to above, in Switzerland and someone ordered a steak well done and the chef came out and started having a go. He was promptly told to get back in the kitchen and cook a well done steak or he wouldn't be getting his wages from the bill.

Like my women. Rare and bloody. Peppercorn sauce is a superb addition but not necessary.

Big thick cut chips, skin on, used to mop up the blood and oil left over from the steak. Fucking champion.

I just had a Wetherspoons Tuesday Steak Club special - rare 8oz sirloin which was suspiciously tasty.

There is no skill whatsoever in undercooking a piece of meat.

This is one of the great con tricks foisted upon a gullible public by chefs who either :

Are unable to cook properly, or , know that by taking the time to do the job properly would cut their covers and profit

Other than being able to cook a rare steak to perfection by sealing in the juices etc so that the flavour stays inside and not form a puddle on your plate like many places do of course.

I just had a Wetherspoons Tuesday Steak Club special - rare 8oz sirloin which was suspiciously tasty.

Other than being able to cook a rare steak to perfection by sealing in the juices etc so that the flavour stays inside and not form a puddle on your plate like many places do of course.

Easy to do with a very hot pan or grill, but each to their own!

I'm not sure what "côte de boeuf" translates to in English, but it's the cut of champions. Cooked "à point" with a few sprinkles of sea salt and no sauce.

Damn, it's a fine feast.

Archived