The Beef Thread

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depends on the cut of beef.

Fillet - Blue

Sirloin / Ribeye - Rare / medium rare.

When I was in Australia earlier in the year I had a starter at this steak place that consisted of asparagus, wrapped in Wagyu beef, chargrilled and served with a chilli sauce.

I'm not a religious man, but I saw the face of God that night.

Largest steak I've had was a 2lb porterhouse in the States. Slight issue was that I'd ordered a rare 12oz steak but they upgraded me for free seeing as they'd run out of what I'd asked for. 90% of it was 'cooked' blue inside and I can assure you first hand that the human digestive system is not designed for and doesn't like that amount of raw meat at any one time. The effects lasted for days. Tasted fcuking awesome though.

Depends on the cut of beef.

Fillet - Blue

Sirloin / Ribeye - Rare / medium rare.

When I was in Australia earlier in the year I had a starter at this steak place that consisted of asparagus, wrapped in Wagyu beef, chargrilled and served with a chilli sauce.

I'm not a religious man, but I saw the face of God that night.

That sounds fcuking amazing.

How do you like your steak cooked?

Blue to Med-rare depending on the cut.

Has anyone here tried Kobe Beef?

Yes. Nice, but overrated for the price.

What is the best cut of beef?

All of them. I like a cheap bit of skirt steak as much as a T-bone.

My favourite is probably a rib roast. It's a treat.

I think a small amount of sauce or mustard is acceptable. I know purists hate it, but if we start believing that flavours don't compliment rather than detract from each other, most of the recipes in the world wouldn't exist. It seems a bit fussy to me.

Largest steak I've had was a 2lb porterhouse in the States. Slight issue was that I'd ordered a rare 12oz steak but they upgraded me for free seeing as they'd run out of what I'd asked for. 90% of it was 'cooked' blue inside and I can assure you first hand that the human digestive system is not designed for and doesn't like that amount of raw meat at any one time. The effects lasted for days. Tasted fcuking awesome though.

:lol: Holy shit! how much meat?! That's a ridiculous amount of food to serve somebody!

That's my lunch sorted on the 8th of November.

An occasional treat of mine is a Hey Brazil lunch - pretty much the same as the £27 all you can eat evening meat feast and buffet but for a tenner. I think you get one or two less meat types but I never notice the difference.

Downside of it is that the delightful garlic beef results in truely horrendous smelling farts which can empty a room.

Echo what's been said already about wanting a fillet cooked rare or even blue. Ribeye/sirloin medium rare and charred on the outside.

My favourite cut is a nicely marbled, aged ribeye.

Best ever steak I have had was in Amsterdam in 'De Poort' (which is in the Die Port van Cleve hotel). It was fucking orgasmic,

What do you guys think when you hear someone ordering a steak well done?

I used to frequent a pub in Birmingham that did cracking steaks. The "chef"/owner point blank refused to serve well done steaks. If asked for one, he'd come out of the kitchen and rant at the customer about how good the meat was, how they were asking him to ruin it etc etc until the changed their minds :lol:

There is no skill whatsoever in undercooking a piece of meat.

This is one of the great con tricks foisted upon a gullible public by chefs who either :

Are unable to cook properly, or , know that by taking the time to do the job properly would cut their covers and profit

Archived