The Beef Thread

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rib eye done rare is absolute perfection all the juicy flavour and melt in the mouth.

If you need some budget beef aldi do a bit of rump for £3.50 I can see the eyes rolling and the tutting already but if you cook it right it's a tasty steak

Rib eye done rare is absolute perfection all the juicy flavour and melt in the mouth.

If you need some budget beef aldi do a bit of rump for £3.50 I can see the eyes rolling and the tutting already but if you cook it right it's a tasty steak

Rump is fantastic.

I marinade it and use it for carne asada. Lovely stuff.

I know a guy who knows a guy works in the lidl packing depot, he says tbat all the beef for m and s is packed there too, and when marks and Spence quota is reached, the conveyer shuts and then continue s to fill the lidl crate

Booker cash and carry use the same suppliers as M&S too.

Rump is fantastic.

I marinade it and use it for carne asada. Lovely stuff.

Recipe plz.

This thread is brilliantly timed. Came home to find my lady had cooked me sirloin. Top shit.

Recipe plz.

This thread is brilliantly timed. Came home to find my lady had cooked me sirloin. Top shit.

Coriander stalks, cumin, chilli powder, oregano, guajillo (or chipotle), cloves, garlic, orange zest, lime juice & olive oil.

Mash it in a mortar & pestle (go easy on the lime). Put it in a plastic bag & rattle it with a rolling pin.

Leave it overnight preferably.

Ideally BBQ it, or at least on a hot griddle pan.

Use the usual Mexican accompaniments like guac/pico de gallo etc.

;)

I know a guy who knows a guy works in the lidl packing depot, he says tbat all the beef for m and s is packed there too, and when marks and Spence quota is reached, the conveyer shuts and then continue s to fill the lidl crate

10 years ago or so I worked for a butchers firm in Greenock, who provided the breakfast packs for most of the supermarkets, Asda, Morrisons, Tesco and Co Op from memory. Everything in the pack was identical but they had different labels depending on where we were sending them. It's not that uncommon.

TANGENT - how strict are they with customers and their 'business' accounts? Or can joe public use Bookers now?

You still need to be a business to get an account, but the Glasgow one doesn't care who uses the card.

If you have a self-employed mate, get them to sign up and put you down as a cardholder.

Archived