Scotland v Republic of Ireland

Lyle Lanley

Maybe Russell Martin could play full-back with someone else i.e Greer partnering Hanley.

Agree with this.....I actually think Martin is a tad on the small side for centre half.

Paterson being drafted in is a strange one for me as imo he hasn't started the season particularly well (albeit missing some games with injury)........He does certainly have the potential though.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aw here we go.

Knew it wouldn't be long before a Jambo would come galloping along to belittle someone else's opinion on their shite haircut of a right back.

Gray is comfortably better than the majority of the dross that play for the shite teams in the Premiership and you ken it.

At least Paterson has a haircut. Gray's hairs been gone for a while now. I wouldn't have used "belittle", as that indicates your post could have been worse. It couldn't, it was terrible. I'll admit he's been your best player this season, but he couldny lace Broadfoots boots never mind Patersons.

Aw here we go.

Knew it wouldn't be long before a Jambo would come galloping along to belittle someone else's opinion on their shite haircut of a right back.

Gray is comfortably better than the majority of the dross that play for the shite teams in the Premiership and you ken it.

I can taste the tears. :lol:

Roond ye.

Whittaker made a few crucial tackles in Poland and I think he would've played in this game. Maybe at left back again but now it'll maybe be Whittaker at right back and Robertson returning on the left.

Really looking forward to both of these games. Genuine big game feel despite one being a friendly. It seems the apathy towards the national team for the last few years has gone to a certain degree.

Anyone know if it's worth getting a half/half scarf on Friday and Tuesday for both games. Usually i would get a half/half scarf but not sure if it's worth it this time round?

Yes. You should attend the match in full kit as well....

I even as a hearts fan am a bit bemused by the selection.

Paterson clearly has a lot of talent and given that this has been recognised by several managers now including GS makes me think there is a lot more to come from him. On that basis he is probably there for the experience.

As for better right backs at the moment then I'd have to agree there is at least 3/4 guys who are as good (if not better) than CP

Good luck to him. He's had some bad injuries but as someone who watches him quite regularly I am not convinced he's ever going to be more than a Robbie Neilson level right back as opposed to an EPL class player however he clearly keeps showing whatever that is to football people.

In Hamilton, you either turn up in the full kit or with a Stone Island jacket, Stone Island polo shirt, Stone Island jeans and a pair of f50s. We are a strange lot.

We should meet in Inverness to chat about it......