Scotland v Republic of Ireland

Lyle Lanley

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Under the proposed new regulations and going to guess at Wednesday before Jagfox is able to drive.

Can you imagine going on a bender with him, wunfellaff & PerthshireBell?!

That would involve at least one visit to A&E imo.

David Marshall was outstanding last night. Every ball that came into his box he dealt with very comfortably.

Apart from when a defender passed it back to him and he just blootered it into the stand, obviously.

Massive victory that puts us on track for third, hopefully even second although Poland look good just now too. Our defence is rather solid, even with injuries, and despite my hatred for Whittaker he does a decent job of filling in when the superior Hutton is out. The midfield is as strong as its ever been, although I still don't like playing Maloney on the wing as he has a habit of drifting out the game, while the striker and man behind still needs sorted out. Fletcher and Naismith struggle to link sometimes and kill our attacks. Ireland are dreadful, typical MON side who'll stodge the game and then hope the only payer with ability can provide something magical, luckily McGeady remains a greeting faced sand dancer who can't cope with pressure.

Apart from when a defender passed it back to him and he just blootered it into the stand, obviously.

Aye there was one point he was giving Robertson dogs abuse for a pass back from a throw in. He had hours to take a touch and clear it rather than boot into touch. Seemed very nervous about that all night although his shot stopping and gathering crosses was top notch.

Mulgrew was outstanding

He was, really suits that position and it makes our midfield so solid.

Seem to shite myself every time Whittaker gets on the ball but the guy seems to have done a no bad job for us filling in. Next time Fletcher comes off I would like to see us put someone else uptop to, Martin is undoubtedly a great finisher and goalscorer but he just doesn't have the pace for international football IMO.

Last night I kind of felt sorry for Whittaker. Maloney isn't a wide right player and doesn't provide the cover that Anya does to Robertson as he drifts in to the middle. Whitakker helped holding back rather than bombing forward as a result. I mean you can't complain about Maloney's goal record, but as a right winger he's questionable.

I thought Martin was poor when he came on, looked lazy- didn't press the ball, sat too deep and looked as if he had no pace. I wonder if May or Russell would have been better.

Massive victory that puts us on track for third, hopefully even second although Poland look good just now too. Our defence is rather solid, even with injuries, and despite my hatred for Whittaker he does a decent job of filling in when the superior Hutton is out. The midfield is as strong as its ever been, although I still don't like playing Maloney on the wing as he has a habit of drifting out the game, while the striker and man behind still needs sorted out. Fletcher and Naismith struggle to link sometimes and kill our attacks. Ireland are dreadful, typical MON side who'll stodge the game and then hope the only payer with ability can provide something magical, luckily McGeady remains a greeting faced sand dancer who can't cope with pressure.

If we can match Poland's results from here and beat them at home we'll finish second. They'll beat Georgia and Gibraltar, probably lose to Germany, so we'd need 6 points + whatever they get from Ireland, and beat them at home.

Should they beat Ireland home and away we probably need to win in Georgia and Dublin, however if they draw both Ireland games or win one and lose one then three points in Dublin would be enough.

We're in a fantastic position if we can beat Poland at home.

As an English Rangers fan that game was hard... Seriously?! Ireland, paysmith, whittaker, Lego eater, baby forgetto, Strachan and O'Neil... However I must say Scotland were a very solid unit. Strachan has clearly got the best out of you guys, tidy wee goal and was overall rather impressed with the work rate/link up play. Should be a good game vs England (4-0 us) You were evidently missing a creative spark though, Lewis McLeod is essential if Scotland want to play well. You were efficient whilst also rather stale. If you bleed McLeod in the you might win in a more comprehensive way rather than scraping by.

paysmith
paysmith
paysmith

steven-naismith.jpg

post-33799-14160092073852.jpg

Erin go bragh is a shit countryXXX Stick to your own country and you should be fine. HTH

Why don't you just tell him to go home and why?

I get the impression you are prejudice against the Irish. After all your piss and wind the other night about other posters being racist apologists. :rolleyes:

I just know this isn't going to end well for you, eventually.

'Paysmith' :lol:

Stormzy if Steven Paysmith had went down to the 4th tier with you lot he wouldn't be anywhere near that team last night. Guys got ambition don't insult him for that. Seemed to love it too. What a guy..

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1416045166.165737.jpg

Does the 'Paysmith' come from Naismith wanting to get paid? For doing his job? :lol:

Watched the game back this morning, can't believe I saw someone else on here say Naismith was awful... Easily the best of our attacking players - always positive, on the front foot and looking to push forward. One of those players that gets better and better the higher up he goes. Finally becoming the player we all knew he would be seeing him come through at Killie.

Irish tv pundits praising Scotland and felt there was an unexpected difference in quality. Robertson picked out as outstanding prospect and strachan praised for the confidence he has given players to try and play the ball on the deck,

Ireland were very poor - kick and rush and dirty. Still if Hanley had been sent off - for 2 yellows- as he should have been I wouldn't have fancied our chances.

Sad to see how playing the ROI has brought out a lot of self loathing in 'Irish' Celtic fans as well as a nasty sneering tone towards a country with close historical and current links to our own.

I think the English game will be poisonous and I'm glad I'm not at home for it.

I thought a lot of the Irish players were very wired, they let the occasion get to them and gave away a lot of stupid frees. Our goal ultimately came from a stupid free they gave away, hendrick on naismith, which led to the corner.

This is what I thought, many of them looked like the occasion got the better of them, not in freezing but almost as if they were playing with a lack of composure that some players tend do in a local derby matches.