Scotland v Republic of Ireland

Lyle Lanley

Scotland will win this game with ease.

The Irish team is only decent when it's packed with English players who realised they had an Irish Granny at 27.

I don't understand this overconfidence. Ireland might not be silky, but they've come onto some good form, they're hard to score against and they've got a lethal frontman. This'll be tight.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand this overconfidence. Ireland might not be silky, but they've come onto some good form, they're hard to score against and they've got a lethal frontman. This'll be tight.

Agreed. Those saying we're going to win comfortably I think are kidding themselves. Whilst Ireland won't come to Glasgow and outplay us, I think it will be a very tight (and nervy) game. I can see it becoming a tense affair especially if it's 0-0 for a while, we'll need the fans right behind us.

Edited by Big Fifer

I'm actually amazed at how thick some people are being when it comes to the process selling of tickets to HOME FANS. It is clear that the SFA have had a clear procedure in selling tickets, and if you used your brain it would be simple to work out what that is. First, sell the tickets that are not restricted view seating. That way, if the game wasn't a sell out, no-one would be left complaining that their seat had a pish view. Next, don't sell tickets in the front 1/2/3 rows, closest to the pitch. Now I don't know why that is, probably to do with security reasons, but it was the same at Ibrox for game against Georgia. If you had contacted SFA instead of jumping into panic buying a £45 ticket, you would have known that. Now, as all the non-restricted view seats were taken, the SFA put on sale restricted view tickets. Then, when most of these were sold out, they put on sale tickets in the front couple of rows of the lower sections at Celtic Park. Now, I know it isn't the perfect way of selling tickets, and communication could probably have been better, but everyone up in arms over it just seems unnecessary. Have a word.

I'm actually amazed at how thick some people are being when it comes to the process selling of tickets to HOME FANS. It is clear that the SFA have had a clear procedure in selling tickets, and if you used your brain it would be simple to work out what that is. First, sell the tickets that are not restricted view seating. That way, if the game wasn't a sell out, no-one would be left complaining that their seat had a pish view. Next, don't sell tickets in the front 1/2/3 rows, closest to the pitch. Now I don't know why that is, probably to do with security reasons, but it was the same at Ibrox for game against Georgia. If you had contacted SFA instead of jumping into panic buying a £45 ticket, you would have known that. Now, as all the non-restricted view seats were taken, the SFA put on sale restricted view tickets. Then, when most of these were sold out, they put on sale tickets in the front couple of rows of the lower sections at Celtic Park. Now, I know it isn't the perfect way of selling tickets, and communication could probably have been better, but everyone up in arms over it just seems unnecessary. Have a word.

My £45 ticket it in a restricted view area. They didn't hold back restricted view and front row tickets-they held back an entire stand of cheaper tickets behind a goal until all (or almost all) the £45 tickets were sold.

The communication from the SFA by email insinuated that tickets were selling fast and when you logged on to the ticket portal it gave the appearance that the area behind the goal had sold out.

But thanks for your insight champ.

The fai moaning moaning about only getting 3000 tickets. Can't imagine they would have given us much more if they were hosting first

I have no problem giving them the 13,000 tickets they reckon would be enough on the basis we get 13,000 for the Aviva.

^^^ head's gone