The Storms & Severe Weather Thread

CityDave

Just look at this map. The red zone is complete "chipper" territory. The amber zone is mostly chippers. 

I think it's safe to say, God has entered the debate on what they are called, and made his will very plain. Chippies are safe, chippers must be destroyed. 

image.png.57241b7243914edf2f65654fd21ed27e.png

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Should we shut all regional roads whenever the weather matches up with a previous, fatal accident in the area? 

The Helen Lovejoy approach doesn't actually make sense when evaluating overall risk. 

Yes , that’s exactly what I said 

Cycled to Inverurie today and it was ok but the wind was mostly behind me. I did have to crawl under a tree a mile or so before Inverurie due to it having fallen across the road, and I just about got blown off the road just after Dyce

It's since gotten infinitely worse and the winds are up to about 50mph here. I'll see if the trains are running on the way back.....

1 minute ago, velo army said:

Cycled to Inverurie today and it was ok but the wind was mostly behind me. I did have to crawl under a tree a mile or so before Inverurie due to it having fallen across the road, and I just about got blown off the road just after Dyce

It's since gotten infinitely worse and the winds are up to about 50mph here. I'll see if the trains are running on the way back.....

Just think of your Strava segments

14 minutes ago, velo army said:

6 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Time for the great Scottish public to show how stupid they are again as they interpret 'stay indoors and do not travel unless absolutely necessary' as 'pop down to Tesco for a packet of fags and a pint of milk'

Exhibit a

4 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Exhibit a

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Guilty min. Ach I said to myself I'd give it a go and turn back if it got really bad and it never did, but I didn't know about the weather warning as the forecast I looked at said "occasional showers" after I googled "Inverurie weather" to see if I needed to take my waterproof 🙃.

Ach I'll be super careful on the way back