Dundee United Launch Internal Investigation

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you say "it's the thing to do" do you mean 'its the right thing to do'? If so some of us might take issue with that.

I'll say it's the right thing to do.

The only reason he should lose his job is if he gets jailed and is no longer able to turn up.

He shouldn't get treated any different from anyone less well known.

"tantamount to assault on a football pitch"?! It was tantamount to assault anywhere, and he was very lucky that the football field remains some sort of haven for all bad behaviour.

To be fair the argument that "If someone did that to someone else in the street, they'd be in jail" is ludicrous. Slide tackles are perfectly fine on the pitch yet you don't see people doing it on their daily commute and turning to the polis and saying "Aye but I won the baw!".

Smeato, on 23 Oct 2014 - 00:57, said:

To be fair the argument that "If someone did that to someone else in the street, they'd be in jail" is ludicrous. Slide tackles are perfectly fine on the pitch yet you don't see people doing it on their daily commute and turning to the polis and saying "Aye but I won the baw!".

I'm going to ask that you take a minute to think about that.

:lol::lol::lol:

Context.

"tantamount to assault on a football pitch"?! It was tantamount to assault anywhere, and he was very lucky that the football field remains some sort of haven for all bad behaviour.

I agree with you - I was making the point that what he did was an extreme act of aggression which amounted to assault, compared to say a poorly timed challenge which hurt an opponent.

Did that Gary Fraser no break a Rangers players leg in a reserve game as well?

Boy is a bad egg.

Again, the context is totally different to him attacking Kane (did have to have a quick look there - had it in my head that it was McMillan that injured Hutton, does seem to have been Fraser) - and there's a telling quote from Gordon Durie that the main cause of the injury was Hutton's leg getting caught in the turf, not Fraser's challenge.

Emmm, probably 'cos it's more than likely to have the square root of f**k all to do with football?

Two egos on a night out, alcohol more than likely involved, and a fight breaks out. Happens every night in every town the length and breadth of the country. But I bet you don't get guys standing in the kebab shop doorway watching one of those fights and saying "Christ, they two don't even work th'gither, a wonder why they're fighting".

Fucking hell - it was a joke. Maybe not a good one, but I wasn't being serious!

What Fraser did was bad but it was during a game and he got a ban for it.

Paton should be sacked if found guilty but ultimately he won't as players are assets and clubs don't want to lose them.

What Fraser did was bad but it was during a game and he got a ban for it.

Paton should be sacked if found guilty but ultimately he won't as players are assets and clubs don't want to lose them.

Isn't it rather early to be speculating on sanctions for a guy who apparently hasn't even been charged yet, never mind prosecuted.

Isn't it rather early to be speculating on sanctions for a guy who apparently hasn't even been charged yet, never mind prosecuted.

Yeah it's far too early (but that's what we do on P&B). Though, when the full story is available, I hope the club don't shirk from taking the appropriate action.

I'll say it's the right thing to do.

The only reason he should lose his job is if he gets jailed and is no longer able to turn up.

He shouldn't get treated any different from anyone less well known.

I would lose my job if I was charged with assaulting someone even if it was outwith working hours.

I would never have imagined that the Code of Conduct for male prostitutes was so rigorous. :P
I need to put food on the table somehow.
I thought they'd already been punted? Tell me QLP didn't type up a fake article?...
Yup. Read the full thing. It gets 'hilarious' at the end with a reference to Dundee.

Yeah it's far too early (but that's what we do on P&B). Though, when the full story is available, I hope the club don't shirk from taking the appropriate action.

As Gordon Strachan said though there aren't many morals in football.

The club will "support" them.

I would lose my job if I was charged with assaulting someone even if it was outwith working hours.

Guy at my work kept his job after doing three months in jail for an assault in a nightclub. I work for a pretty big national company as well.

Archived