Sky Sports abuse of Balotelli

Mr Romanov

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please explain how Liverpool have persuaded all media outlets to concentrate on Balotelli.

Because the team, to a man, have been utter shite this season and yet all the headlines have concentrated on Balotelli.

If the entire team is performing woefully short of the previous season's exploits, how is that the fault of one new arrival?

I'd like to see where it was suggested that it was Liverpool that pushed the agenda onto the media.

Reasonable request.

£212 million spent on players.

Look at some of that dross. It's clear that the witch hunt on Balotelli is simply a smoke screen to cover the fact that Brendan has shat the money bed.

I find it hard to understand who or what other than LFC or a senior member of their staff would wish to hide the f'ck up. The poster implies that the balotelli affair, if we may call it that, is an attempt to deflect attention from the poor signings.

Hence my post.

Because the team, to a man, have been utter shite this season and yet all the headlines have concentrated on Balotelli.

So you believe that it is a campaign orchestrated by Liverpool Football Club, organised to deflect attention from the team's problems?

So you believe that it is a campaign orchestrated by Liverpool Football Club, organised to deflect attention from the team's problems?

No, and I never said nor alluded to that.

If I was to search for probable cause, I'd look to the media not wanting to address the fact that their most illustrious club (in European terms) are a fucking shambles who are pissing money down the drain like a incontinent Paul Gascoigne and it is therefore easier to use Balotelli as a scapegoat of sorts.

The only problem with things like that is with the 9 players he signed this summer those players need to be given time but with the way things are nowadays if a player doesn't play great straight away they are a flop.

Guys like Moreno, Markovic and Can are very young and played pretty well versus probably the best team in the world currently so hopefully Rodgers starts playing more of these so called fringe players as they have shown up the other players.

Borini showed the difference tonight of a front man that's willing to run himself into the ground for the team. Sturridge can't get fit enough quickly for me!!

Good thread. English media and to an extent the Scottish media pick victims.

Remember when Lucas used to get slaughtered yet he always got picked until he done his cruiciate and the Liverpool fans liked him. (He did well tonight incidentally)

Jim Gannon was an example of someone the Scottish media did not take to. He left when the club was in the top six and signed some good players. The other night on Radio Scotland, the Motherwell chief executive was praising up the last few managers including Gannon. Richard Gordon, who I really like, had a dig at Gannon when they came back to him.

Back to Mario though, the stick is well over the top and that shirt swapping was a non-story. (It was a camera looking down the tunnel. No one would have known if it was not highlighted.

The Daily Mail on Saturday just passed there had on their back page a picture of Balotelli's bathroom after the firework incident. This shows what kind of garbage that gets thrown at him as this happened 3 years ago. There was no story on the back page just a picture of his bathroom.

Reasonable request.

I find it hard to understand who or what other than LFC or a senior member of their staff would wish to hide the f'ck up. The poster implies that the balotelli affair, if we may call it that, is an attempt to deflect attention from the poor signings.

Hence my post.

The media, for the entirety of last season and during the summer, praised Rodgers as a managerial genius. Now that he's making a rip roaring c**t of things, it makes them look bad for their over the top praise if they start to recognise that Liverpool's current failings are his fault (he had the final say on the players bought, he picks the team and sets out how each member of the team is to play). It's, therefore, in the medias best interests to find a scapegoat, rather than admit they were wrong and Rodgers maybe isn't the genius they proclaimed him to be.

Rodgers himself has also fanned with flames with a couple of interviews where - rather than defend Balotelli - he openly criticised and questioned him. That certainly didn't help.

No, and I never said nor alluded to that.

If I was to search for probable cause, I'd look to the media not wanting to address the fact that their most illustrious club (in European terms) are a fucking shambles who are pissing money down the drain like a incontinent Paul Gascoigne and it is therefore easier to use Balotelli as a scapegoat of sorts.

Fair enough and it's a view though, given past experience. the English media normally go for the manager's throat. We can both think of many examples from the past, both English National and club managers.

Also I don't think many in the press or broadcast media regard Liverpool FC as their most illustrious club The shadow of Heysel hangs over them still,

Also look at the way that Moyes was treated last year when in charge of the most successful English club of the last two decades.

The media, for the entirety of last season and during the summer, praised Rodgers as a managerial genius. Now that he's making a rip roaring c**t of things, it makes them look bad for their over the top praise if they start to recognise that Liverpool's current failings are his fault (he had the final say on the players bought, he picks the team and sets out how each member of the team is to play). It's, therefore, in the medias best interests to find a scapegoat, rather than admit they were wrong and Rodgers maybe isn't the genius they proclaimed him to be.

That';s a pretty cogent analysis and could well be the cause of much media output.

In the end Rodgers signed Balotelli and if there's a problem it's his choice of player.

Rodgers himself has also fanned with flames with a couple of interviews where - rather than defend Balotelli - he openly criticised and questioned him. That certainly didn't help.

Can't say I've seen any, when he was handed a chance to beat on Balotelli on Saturday by the sky interviewer who asked about Balotelli being late onto the park for the second half Rodgers simply said iirc

"I don't think that had any effect on the outcome of the game"

Tom McB, on 05 Nov 2014 - 15:44, said:

Can't say I've seen any, when he was handed a chance to beat on Balotelli on Saturday by the sky interviewer who asked about Balotelli being late onto the park for the second half Rodgers simply said iirc

"I don't think that had any effect on the outcome of the game"

His "he needs to improve" spiel wasn't needed. I've always wondered why managers don't just keep criticism of individuals behind closed doors at all times, and especially in this case when he KNOWS the media will be right up his arse. It was stupid and irresponsible.

Sky and BBC were absolutely desperate for Liverpool to win the title last season, I have no idea why, but they seem to have a massive thing for Liverpool.

Seriously, you have no idea why?

It would've been the best story. There has been a stranglehold on the Premier League by a small handful of teams - and a Liverpool win would've been a massive turn-up for the books (in terms of the pre-season or even early-season favourites). Add to that Gerard's career where he has stayed at the club despite quite a few offers.

I personally have no time for the club but I can understand why the media were a bit biased towards them.

Seriously, you have no idea why?

It would've been the best story. There has been a stranglehold on the Premier League by a small handful of teams - and a Liverpool win would've been a massive turn-up for the books (in terms of the pre-season or even early-season favourites). Add to that Gerard's career where he has stayed at the club despite quite a few offers.

I personally have no time for the club but I can understand why the media were a bit biased towards them.

Plus the 25th anniversary of Hillsborough - they were peddling the pish about "how apt it would be" right up until they f*cked it against Palace.

His "he needs to improve" spiel wasn't needed. I've always wondered why managers don't just keep criticism of individuals behind closed doors at all times, and especially in this case when he KNOWS the media will be right up his arse. It was stupid and irresponsible.

I missed that. Yep, criticism should be for behind closed doors.

Sky and BBC were absolutely desperate for Liverpool to win the title last season, I have no idea why, but they seem to have a massive thing for Liverpool.

I think the TV chief executives and directors today are probably those that grew up during the years Liverpool did well and so probably grew up supporting them. You can tell by the fact they are on TV all the time and the pundits/ co-commentators are often ex-Liverpool; that they have a massive thing for them.

I agree but Arsene Wenger does that and the media are constantly right up his arse giving him a slagging because "Arsene never saw the incident, what a surprise..." . Idiots. :thumbsdown

Archived