World Famous Dundee United v Aberdeen, Semifinal

banana

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Selling faster than a Utd Cup semi ticket.

TV's Jeremy Kyle paternity kits snapped up at Dundee corner shop

30 January 2015 12:42 GMT

Entrepreneur: Dundee shop manager is selling paternity tests used in Jeremy Kyle TV show. Pic: Afzal Hayat

A Dundee shop manager says he has been forced to buy more stock after nearly selling out of DNA kits to test paternity.

Afzal Hayat, who manages Premier Hayat’s Supersave in Fintry, introduced the kits this week and has been shocked by the demand.

He claims they are the same kits used in the popular Jeremy Kyle TV show.

He initially bought one box of 12 kits to "test the market", but has now ordered two more boxes.

The testing kits cost £19.99 and users then pay a further £99 for the results.

Mr Hayat, 37, who manages the family-run shop said: "I just got a box in to try it but I've nearly sold out. The demand has been high so I'm ordering in a good few more boxes now.

"It's not something that many other shops will stock so I thought I'd try something new. I always try and get the latest products in.

"My boss thought I was crazy and no one would buy it but I've proved him wrong."

Mr Hayat said that although he suspects some of the kits have been bought in jest, he has also taken several calls from concerned people wanting to know more.

He said: "Some people are having a wee giggle with it. But I've had a few phone calls from people with serious requests. They've heard that we're selling them and want to know more.

"They've been asking if it's the ones from Jeremy Kyle. Once I explain that it's real and how it works they've come in to buy them.

"One lady came in and said she was seriously thinking about buying one because she has always wondered about her grandson."

My Hayat believes the kits are a good deal because a legally recognised test to prove paternity in a court of law costs around £500.

Users need to supply hair or skin samples for the test.

He added: "It's a good way to test your suspicions before shelling out £500 to get a yes or no.

"I suppose it could cause a war within a family but I think if anyone out there has any concerns about if they are the father then it's a good option. Any father should be paying for his own kids.

In no way a giggle, a significant percentage of men are unknowingly cuckolding and only a very small percentage of formal paternity tests are granted to men who ask for them in the UK.

Hats off to you, Afzal.

Not sure what to think for the outcome of this game.

On the back of last month's game at Tannadice, you'd think we had the measure of United, but we all know that's not the way this shit works.

Our recent record at Hampden is so bad, to be shameful. What, 15 years since we won there?

Don't think many of the current side have played there for us in those letdowns though.

Considine, Jack, Reynolds at a push I'd imagine from the Hibs/Celtic semis 3/4 years back.

I'd play Daniels. Not seen him play, so based on reports, and how awful Considine and Reynolds were together last Friday.

And I dinna think Joe is up to the task. Used to.

Hayes was a bit more suspect at LB in the last game, prob like Considine...being lumped there all of a sudden having grown into their previous roles very well.

Flood was pish as well and didn't look nearly ready.

Is that enough reasons for me wanting the Black Monster(aat) to start?

2-1 us. Or them.

No extra time please, as I depart after the match to catch the Biscuit in the Capital.

Cheers.

Edit: Sp..and apostrophe unneccasarium.

Looking forward to this one, promises to be a belter of a game, between two strong, attack minded teams.

Great credit to both clubs for turning down the TV in order to preserve the 3pm Saturday kick off, greatly appreciated by all. It's been impressive how well the clubs have worked together to market this one in the face of negligible media coverage. Great credit due.

As for the game, dear god please let McInnes withdraw Flood from the starting lineup and get Hayes back into midfield. The first 45 minutes last week was horrific and a lot of the problem lay with playing a half fit Flood who slowed our attacking play too much. Suspect this new lad Daniels will make his debut, here's hoping he proves up to it.

Interested to see how United play this one. It seems from what I have seen that Butcher and Telfer offer more as a deep lying combination in midfield than Pates and Ranks, but like McInnes, McNamara has a trait of reverting to type when least wanted. Imagine that GMS, Armstrong and Erskine will start, but could be off the mark there.

Either way, it promises to be an absolute cracker and a great showcase for our clubs. Hope everyone has a good day out tomorrow and the winners of this tie go on to lift the trophy.

I reckon it will be 2-1 to the Famous, Rooney and Goodwillie with GMS scoring for United.

Archived