Job Recommendations for Nicola after the SNP

Clarkston5

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trolls in this forum used to believe in things.

The-dark-knight-william-fichtner-2879299

Now we've got abysmal efforts from Clarkston5/Banterous, Haggis Pakora, Mr. Bairn, IM Rodger, and others of their ilk. What do they believe in? What do they believe in, huh? Shit trolling efforts and not being able to leave the bait alone once they cast it, resulting in getting themselves tangled up in their own lines.

Nicola Sturgeon - The Tòiseach of Scotland

It's been about 1000 years since Gaelic was the main language of state that would be a ridiculous exercise in revisionism where our cultural heritage is concerned. Think the office historically was referred to in Scots as the Chancellor, while the speaker was referred to as the Preses.

Aye got to agree there as off toic as it is haha ireland using gaelic as a statement of "look at how un-british we are" is prtty pish patter . theyv been free of british rule for long enough now yet the number of irish speakers went from 250 000 at independance to around 80 thousand today! i dont much care for the gaelicisation of scots and english place names in the east and central scotland where we have never ever been gaelic speakers and its clearly just translating names into there literal gaelic meaning and have no historical basis

It's been about 1000 years since Gaelic was the main language of state that would be a ridiculous exercise in revisionism where our cultural heritage is concerned. Think the office historically was referred to in Scots as the Chancellor, while the speaker was referred to as the Preses.

AberdeenBud, on 17 Nov 2014 - 21:58, said:

Banterous. :lol:

FWIW I don't for a minute believe Reynard or HB would stoop this low.

I don't think anyone actually believes it's Reynard. That's surely a wind up. Anyone who DOES truly think it is as daft as Banterous is.

I don't think anyone actually believes it's Reynard. That's surely a wind up. Anyone who DOES truly think it is as daft as Banterous is.

I didn't reply the first time so like any tedious troll you came back like a dog to its vomit

I have no idea what Banterous means

The Tòiseach of Alba ?

Now now Col surely you can translate the "The", and "of".

In reality, and who knows it may happen that we may end up with a pres and FM.

Surely a pres is a pointless figure with no powers or do we posit a Cinquieme Republique constitution?

If we do have the FM as a pm do we really want the title to be in a language spoken by 1.2% of the population

Surely a pres is a pointless figure with no powers or do we posit a Cinquieme Republique constitution?

If we do have the FM as a pm do we really want the title to be in a language spoken by 1.2% of the population

Gaelic is a discussion for another day. but basicly no. we are not ireland

1.2% at present. We must increase that number!

Personally I would have it compulsory to learn Gaidhlig in schools

Aye got to agree there as off toic as it is haha ireland using gaelic as a statement of "look at how un-british we are" is prtty pish patter . theyv been free of british rule for long enough now yet the number of irish speakers went from 250 000 at independance to around 80 thousand today! i dont much care for the gaelicisation of scots and english place names in the east and central scotland where we have never ever been gaelic speakers and its clearly just translating names into there literal gaelic meaning and have no historical basis

Never mind Gaelic, what about you forcing your gibberish on us? Apparently, kids in Gaelic schools speak better English than their monoglot peers. You may be living proof of this.

As to Gaelic names, the Lowlands of the east are littered with them due to our Gaelic speaking history. Go and research.

Never mind Gaelic, what about you forcing your gibberish on us? Apparently, kids in Gaelic schools speak better English than their monoglot peers. You may be living proof of this.

As to Gaelic names, the Lowlands of the east are littered with them due to our Gaelic speaking history. Go and research.

Touched a raw nerve have we? are you a gaelic speaker?

Apparently, kids in Gaelic schools speak better English than their monoglot peers.

Doesn't surprise me.

They are probably so grateful to get a chance to speak something non-ridiculous they make more of an effort at English.

Archived