Scotland v England...

haggis pakora

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stevie May looked very handsome in his Scotland shirt. I'm so proud of him.

Aye, for all twenty minutes of it.

Be a good long while before he gets to wear it again, sadly.

we should be applauding talent like this, they are the future of our national team.

Yes we should but do you think these guys and gals on here would appreciate young lewis?

Have a look on the thread when he was picked for the Scotland team...you must realise they don't care about young players

Aye, for all twenty minutes of it.

Be a good long while before he gets to wear it again, sadly.

I don't see why, if he can play well at Sheffield and Fletcher/Naismith aren't playing well/Injured I think he or Russell have a good chance of a game. They looked better than Chris Martin.

Thought we looked tired from the first whistle but we learned quite a bit.

May is a good player to have against a team that pushes high up the park as he can run in behind. Russell looks like he could do a job although I'll be glad to see the return of Snodgrass on the wing.

Chris Martin showed what we already know, he's not and probably never will be international class.

I hope darren fletcher gets a move away from old Trafford. He's a decent option from the bench but he needs to be playing regularly to be involved. The same goes for barry Bannan.

Whittaker will hopefully go to 3rd choice behind Hutton and Bardsley. I just find him really slow to react to what's going on.

Robertson is sheer class. Brilliant rampaging forward and always seems to find the right pass. He played a part in the first 2 goals unfortunately but there wasn't really much he could have done about the ricochet and the 1st was an unbelievable pass.

I don't see why, if he can play well at Sheffield and Fletcher/Naismith aren't playing well/Injured I think he or Russell have a good chance of a game. They looked better than Chris Martin.

Definitely a better fit to 'ra system' than martin. I'd be happy to start him vs Gibraltar so long as he's playing well for Wednesday come march.

I have to say that these are all things England didn't do tonight. They have the ball away almost as much as we did and when in front of the keeper both Rooney and later Sterling chose the wrong options.

People are getting carried away by England's reputation, they did not play that much better than we did.

Don't agree with your last comment. They were way better than us tonight.

The pair of them appear to be part of our proud tradition of not picking promising players unless they're at the right clubs.

They've now had their 'trial'; they didn't take off like rockets, so I doubt we'll see much more of them.

Thats a horrific performance. Not one meaty tackle to show them it was a bit more than a friendly. When you play superior teams, the first thing you have to do is compete yet we were nowhere near them. Garbage showing

Thought we looked tired from the first whistle but we learned quite a bit.

May is a good player to have against a team that pushes high up the park as he can run in behind. Russell looks like he could do a job although I'll be glad to see the return of Snodgrass on the wing.

Chris Martin showed what we already know, he's not and probably never will be international class.

I hope darren fletcher gets a move away from old Trafford. He's a decent option from the bench but he needs to be playing regularly to be involved. The same goes for barry Bannan.

Whittaker will hopefully go to 3rd choice behind Hutton and Bardsley. I just find him really slow to react to what's going on.

Robertson is sheer class. Brilliant rampaging forward and always seems to find the right pass. He played a part in the first 2 goals unfortunately but there wasn't really much he could have done about the ricochet and the 1st was an unbelievable pass.

Pretty much agree with all that. We did look tired, but that in itself is concerning as we had a day more rest than England. Having said that, we are in a Euro group that's much harder than England's and I suspect Friday took a lot more out of the players than Saturday did for England.

I think you need to look a little deeper, there were a fair few messages of support, Lewis is a very good player who has a bright future in the game, he will get his chance.

Messages of support from who?

Not Scottish football fans that's for sure.

I know he has a bright future ahead of him if the boy keeps his head on and his feet on the ground.

We were pretty soundly beaten tonight. Thought England played really well though. Good high tempo and closed us down pretty mercilessly most of the game. Thought we were well in it for the first 25 mins or so without making much. Again, Robertson and Anya down the left looked our biggest threat. Just got to put that one down to a better team doing the business on the night. Friday was the important one.

Archived